• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is knowledge good or bad thing ?

chinu

chinu
There are two persons. Both caught by same deadly disease. Doctor told truth to one of them. Now, one knows, and the another one don't knows.
Is this knowledge good ?

I think, knowledge is NOT a good thing.

If you contrary with the statement. then tell me that which particular knowledge you think is good ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If i were to succumb to a deadly disease i would want the doctors to be honest with me.

That way i can at least arrange things to ease the way for my children and husband.

I think all knowledge is good it's the way people use it that can cause problems

chinu

chinu
If i were to succumb to a deadly disease i would want the doctors to be honest with me.

That way i can at least arrange things to ease the way for my children and husband.

I think all knowledge is good it's the way people use it that can cause problems
Yes you can ease and arrange things for your family. But NOT for yourself.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
According to ChatGPT:

Knowledge is important for several reasons:

1. Personal Growth: Knowledge empowers individuals to grow and develop intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually. It broadens their understanding of the world, enables critical thinking, and fosters personal fulfillment.

2. Decision Making: Knowledge equips individuals with the information they need to make informed decisions. It helps them analyze situations, evaluate options, and choose the best course of action. Without knowledge, decisions may be based on assumptions, biases, or incomplete information.

3. Professional Success: In today's rapidly changing world, knowledge is crucial for professional success. It enhances job performance, enables career advancement, and opens up new opportunities. Continually updating and expanding one's knowledge is essential for staying competitive in the job market.

4. Problem Solving: Knowledge provides the tools and resources necessary to solve problems effectively. It allows individuals to draw upon past experiences, learn from others, and apply relevant information to find solutions. Without knowledge, problem-solving becomes challenging, and progress may be hindered.

5. Empowerment: Knowledge empowers individuals by giving them the ability to understand and navigate complex systems, institutions, and processes. It helps people assert their rights, challenge injustice, and advocate for change. Knowledge is a powerful tool for personal and societal empowerment.

6. Innovation and Progress: Knowledge is the foundation of innovation and progress in various fields. Through knowledge, new discoveries are made, technologies are developed, and societies advance. It fuels scientific research, drives technological advancements, and fosters creative thinking.

7. Cultural Preservation: Knowledge plays a crucial role in preserving cultural heritage and traditions. It enables the transmission of knowledge from one generation to the next, ensuring that valuable insights, customs, and practices are not lost. Knowledge helps maintain cultural identity and fosters a sense of belonging.

8. Social Cohesion: Knowledge promotes understanding, empathy, and tolerance among individuals and communities. It allows people to learn about different cultures, perspectives, and ideas, fostering mutual respect and cooperation. Knowledge bridges gaps, reduces prejudice, and promotes social cohesion.

Overall, knowledge is essential for personal growth, decision making, professional success, problem-solving, empowerment, innovation, cultural preservation, and social cohesion. It is a fundamental resource that enriches individuals' lives and contributes to the progress and well-being of societies.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
There are two persons. Both caught by same deadly disease. Doctor told truth to one of them. Now, one knows, and the another one don't knows.
Is this knowledge good ?

If you contrary with the statement. then tell me that which particular knowledge you think is good ?

Header: "Is knowledge good or bad thing?"

What if your questions to some other humans are too simple, but works for you. Can we as we then know if it is good or bad, if there is no universal way of knowing that?
Or can we even know good or bad? And if so, is that the only form of knowledge?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes you can ease and arrange things for your family. But NOT for yourself.

Im going to die anyway, and yes, assuming death takes some time i would be able to get to Dignitas and make death quicker

chinu

chinu
According to ChatGPT:

Knowledge is important for several reasons:

1. Personal Growth: Knowledge empowers individuals to grow and develop intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually. It broadens their understanding of the world, enables critical thinking, and fosters personal fulfillment.

2. Decision Making: Knowledge equips individuals with the information they need to make informed decisions. It helps them analyze situations, evaluate options, and choose the best course of action. Without knowledge, decisions may be based on assumptions, biases, or incomplete information.

3. Professional Success: In today's rapidly changing world, knowledge is crucial for professional success. It enhances job performance, enables career advancement, and opens up new opportunities. Continually updating and expanding one's knowledge is essential for staying competitive in the job market.

4. Problem Solving: Knowledge provides the tools and resources necessary to solve problems effectively. It allows individuals to draw upon past experiences, learn from others, and apply relevant information to find solutions. Without knowledge, problem-solving becomes challenging, and progress may be hindered.

5. Empowerment: Knowledge empowers individuals by giving them the ability to understand and navigate complex systems, institutions, and processes. It helps people assert their rights, challenge injustice, and advocate for change. Knowledge is a powerful tool for personal and societal empowerment.

6. Innovation and Progress: Knowledge is the foundation of innovation and progress in various fields. Through knowledge, new discoveries are made, technologies are developed, and societies advance. It fuels scientific research, drives technological advancements, and fosters creative thinking.

7. Cultural Preservation: Knowledge plays a crucial role in preserving cultural heritage and traditions. It enables the transmission of knowledge from one generation to the next, ensuring that valuable insights, customs, and practices are not lost. Knowledge helps maintain cultural identity and fosters a sense of belonging.

8. Social Cohesion: Knowledge promotes understanding, empathy, and tolerance among individuals and communities. It allows people to learn about different cultures, perspectives, and ideas, fostering mutual respect and cooperation. Knowledge bridges gaps, reduces prejudice, and promotes social cohesion.

Overall, knowledge is essential for personal growth, decision making, professional success, problem-solving, empowerment, innovation, cultural preservation, and social cohesion. It is a fundamental resource that enriches individuals' lives and contributes to the progress and well-being of societies.
My question NOT about important and unimportant. Question is about good and bad, or say happiness and UN-happiness.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Is this knowledge good ?

I think knowledge is good.