• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is jewlry offensive

Riders

I am not offended if it's not warn in a provocative way..Some folks wear it in a way to accentutee the body. Some women wear neck jewelry to accentuate therf body.Whats your opinion?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am not offended if it's not warn in a provocative way..Some folks wear it in a way to accentutee the body. Some women wear neck jewelry to accentuate therf body.Whats your opinion?

In france overt symbols of faith, crusifixes, black stat, etc are banned in school. There are many different religions and banning them saves religious strife.

But general jewelry, no problem.

Riders

The Bible says nothing in access there are those who wear too much and over do it in their appearance.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Those earlobe rings freak me out. People look like freaks doing that to their ears.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Apart from ears, I hate all other face piercings - just too permanent and not recoverable so often - but just a personal perspective. :eek:

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
The scriptures describes Lucifer as adorned in the finest gems… Glorious.

Every piece of Jewellery represents something significant when used correctly. However, 99% of jewellery worn today, primarily Bible Hub females, only represents self self-adoration with very little meaning. Oh yes, colour matching is well done, but there is very little real symbolism - it’s just ‘pretty’.

The fact above is more apparent when set alongside, say, the British royal family females, or wives of presidents, where they style, shape, colour, type, how much and how little, and where it’s worn, is scrutinised in-depth for meaning and has to be very carefully matched to the occasion.

Vanity is clearly at the forefront of wearing jewellery and was primarily the preserve of females but recently many men have embraced the wearing of jewellery as an adornment simply for decoration but with very little real meaning outside of the gay/lgbt community. Aside from a wedding ring and an occasional wrist bangle and even less now, cuff links, earpeircing is all that there might be among the heterosexual community. Of course, rich showoff will wear many rings on fingers but since most men are physically active and destroys beings, such adornments hamper activities.

No, jewellery isn’t bad when worn for good purposes and the size, shape, type, material, colour, is appropriate for the occasion.

Riders

Personally I don't make it my business to tell others how to dress it's personal.However personally if I had a good fit body I would not want to wear jewelry that accentuates my body.

But out side of that I wear beaded necklaces sometimes. I also use to have a gold necklace with a cross on it that was 24 inches 20 years ago.Id like to sometime get another one.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Jewellery is fine, however worn, by anybody. It's just personal choice.

My only concern is for those who wear obviously very valuable jewellery like certain watches and gemstones which might attract violent robbery.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I would make a terrible robber because I couldn't care less about anyone's jewelry.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
In france overt symbols of faith, crusifixes, black stat, etc are banned in school. There are many different religions and banning them saves religious strife.
I don't see how wearing a cross necklace or wearing a Star of David necklace, etc. causes "religious strife". I've never seen that happen in my life over jewelry. I don't know of any stories of school students hating each other over religious jewelry.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't see how wearing a cross necklace or wearing a Star of David necklace, etc. causes "religious strife". I've never seen that happen in my life over jewelry. I don't know of any stories of school students hating each other over religious jewelry.

Its not up to you to see. It's a french government decision, take it up with them