• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus God?

That's interesting, thank you :)

Is this (part) of the Trinity, or is it a completely different Christian view?

Well,the Trinity is not a Christian view.It is a misconception based on wrong interpretations and mistranslations.Christendom is the one teaching this doctrine.It is when one prays,reads and studies the holy scriptures that one comes to know the truth about it.Many do not do this.They go by what others say and teach.There is only one interpretation,that is God's interpretation.

Genesis 40:8 "We both had dreams," they answered, "but there is no one to interpret them." Then Joseph said to them, "Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams."

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Well,the Trinity is not a Christian view.It is a misconception based on wrong interpretations and mistranslations.Christendom is the one teaching this doctrine.It is when one prays,reads and studies the holy scriptures that one comes to know the truth about it.Many do not do this.They go by what others say and teach.There is only one interpretation,that is God's interpretation.

Genesis 40:8 "We both had dreams," they answered, "but there is no one to interpret them." Then Joseph said to them, "Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams."

Thank you. Those were all the questions I had :)

Your entire position is based on doing just that.

You assume that what you have been told by the Watchtower is the accurate knowledge of the truth.

I assume nothing.I have put the information given to me over the years to the test and no other organization even comes close.The holy scriptures is very clear.It explains how one can recognize a true follower of God.It says you will know by their fruits.All one has to do is look at the world and you will know.Once you start seeing who truly serves God it gets easier from there.Begin questioning and reading.Study hard! Compare doctrines.You will start seeing who preaches and teaches the truth.Those who do as this world does according to the holy scriptures is one who sides with the devil.Those who serve God are alien residents here in this world.They follow God's commandments,not mans.

Domenic

Orbit,

Lets assume Jesus is God as many believe:

Here are a few things Jesus said. If he is God, would he have said them?

1. ”Why do you call me good? Only God is good.”

2. “The father is greater than I.”

3. “Do not pray to me, but to the father through me.”

4. “Father, why have you forsaken me?”

5. “I have not yet ascended to my father.”

6. “No one goes to my father, but through me.”
Some things God said:

1. “This is my first born of all creation.”

2. “This is my beloved son.”

Some things to reason on:

1. When Jesus prayed, who was he praying to…himself?

2. When he was on the cross, why did he say, “Father, why have you forsaken me?” Would he not have said, “Self, why have you forsaken yourself?”

3. When he said, “The father is greater than I,” why did he not say, “I am greater than I.”

4. When he said, “Do not pray to me, but through me to the father,” why did he not say, “Do not pray to me, but to me through me.”

5. 3,000 were baptized in one day. Jesus said of these, “Father, let these be one with me, as I am one with you.
If you were with Jesus, and you asked one of the other followers, “Where is Jesus?” and they replied, “He’s over there by that boulder praying to himself”…what would you think?

Many believe Jesus is God. The truth is, the word God is a title. Jesus is also a God, but he is not YHWH, the God who created all things. He is not the father. Jesus is the first born of all creation. God the father was not born, or created…he always was.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Many believe Jesus is God. The truth is, the word God is a title. Jesus is also a God, but he is not YHWH, the God who created all things. He is not the father. Jesus is the first born of all creation. God the father was not born, or created…he always was.
It is entirely possible to think that Jesus is God and to also believe that Hs is not God the Father. I believe you are right in saying that the word "God" is a title. So, why could a divine Father and a divine Son not share that title?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
First,your approach is not a friendly one.

Second,I am not a JW.I do not follow teachings that come out of the Watchtower.I read Watchtower magazines for insightful points that can be found in the holy scriptures, and interesting facts.
You may not be "officially" affiliated with Jehovah's Witnesses, but it's clear your beliefs are in line with theirs. It would be very disingenuous of you to deny that. Just to lay the matter to rest, though, can you give me one point of doctrine on which you disagree with Jehovah's Witnesses?

Last edited by a moderator:

Baladas

An Págánach
I assume nothing.I have put the information given to me over the years to the test and no other organization even comes close.The holy scriptures is very clear.It explains how one can recognize a true follower of God.It says you will know by their fruits.All one has to do is look at the world and you will know.Once you start seeing who truly serves God it gets easier from there.Begin questioning and reading.Study hard! Compare doctrines.You will start seeing who preaches and teaches the truth.Those who do as this world does according to the holy scriptures is one who sides with the devil.Those who serve God are alien residents here in this world.They follow God's commandments,not mans.

I've been there. I was a Christian for many years, and a theological student. I have no interest in going there again. The questioning is what lead me away from Christianity.

The fact remains that you are taking someone else's word for it.

Have you studied the history of the Watchtower? They are highly unscrupulous and have changed their positions many times over the years.
History of the Watchtower Society (Jehovah's Witnesses)

What about the history of the Bible itself?

Friendliness is not part of Katie's belief system.

You may not be "officially" affiliated with Jehovah's Witnesses, but it's clear your beliefs are in line with theirs. It would be very disingenuous of you to deny that. Just to lay the matter to rest, though, can you give me one point of doctrine on which you disagree with Jehovah's Witnesses?

Oh I am affiliated with them.I am not one though.One must be baptized.I am studying.I have never denied that I feel only they have an accurate knowledge of the truth.I do not disagree with anything pertaining to the teachings of the Jehovahs Witnesses according to the holy scriptures.

I've been there. I was a Christian for many years, and a theological student. I have no interest in going there again. The questioning is what lead me away from Christianity.

The fact remains that you are taking someone else's word for it.

Have you studied the history of the Watchtower? They are highly unscrupulous and have changed their positions many times over the years.
History of the Watchtower Society (Jehovah's Witnesses)

What about the history of the Bible itself?

Regardless of what man does,it is the truth that shall set us free.The Word of God is alive.Even when Peter was amongst Jesus Christ he made many mistakes.Judas was a thief.Yet,these men walked with Christ.So,as we can see from holy scriptures,imperfect me were chosen.Men who were sinners.Although these men were sinners,this did not exclude them.So even though men of God make mistakes,it is the information that we must examine.Those in other religious establishments show their fruits.Many do not repent and continue on with their ways of corruption.When you examine their teachings, all kinds of flaws can be found.So with this you can determine who it really is that is praising God.Those who are not part of this world,are of God.

Ps.What religion were you in or which did you practice?

Baladas

An Págánach
Regardless of what man does,it is the truth that shall set us free.The Word of God is alive.Even when Peter was amongst Jesus Christ he made many mistakes.Judas was a thief.Yet,these men walked with Christ.So,as we can see from holy scriptures,imperfect me were chosen.Men who were sinners.Although these men were sinners,this did not exclude them.So even though men of God make mistakes,it is the information that we must examine.Those in other religious establishments show their fruits.Many do not repent and continue on with their ways of corruption.When you examine their teachings, all kinds of flaws can be found.So with this you can determine who it really is that is praising God.Those who are not part of this world,are of God.

Ps.What religion were you in or which did you practice?

Well, I am glad that you have found something that you feel is true...I hope that it gives you all that you seek.

I would have once agreed with what you posted above, but I am no longer a Christian. My views are completely different now.
I have little interest in debating the Bible, as I no longer find it authoritative. I apologize if I somehow gave the impression that I did.

With all due respect, it doesn't matter which denomination I was a part of.

I do apologize if I offended you. I simply view unquestioning trust in scriptures as immoral.

Well, I am glad that you have found something that you feel is true...I hope that it gives you all that you seek.

I would have once agreed with what you posted above, but I am no longer a Christian. My views are completely different now.
I have little interest in debating the Bible, as I no longer find it authoritative. I apologize if I somehow gave the impression that I did.

With all due respect, it doesn't matter which denomination I was a part of.

I do apologize if I offended you. I simply view unquestioning trust in scriptures as immoral.
No problem.Have a nice day.:)

Ps.You did not offend me.:thumbsup:

Kolibri

I simply view unquestioning trust in scriptures as immoral.
unquestioning trust is an example of prejudice. we see it all the time. "Questioned" trust is a matter of faith. It is rare to find. It is trust that has been built off of asking questions and getting to the heart of the matter. Sometimes this involves examining why different translations give conflicting renderings of certain verses.

Domenic

Bible Student,
You must be a JW?

I do understand the things they teach you are true. They are in the bible. What is false, are the things they do not teach you.
Satan is not a dummy. The Watch Tower is some of his best work. Don’t lie, just don’t tell them everything.
We all know what a false prophet is; one who makes a prophecy that does not come true.

Those who lead the JW’s have made many prophesies over the years, and not one has come true. That would put them in the circle of false prophets. Here is my question: “Would God put false prophets over his people?” I think you would agree, “No he would not.”

The main scripture in the Bible is genesis 3:15. The complete Bible is about this scripture.
We both know the book of Genesis was written in Hebrew. Have you ever been told, “One word in genesis 3:15 in not a Hebrew word, but a Greek word? In English the word is seed.
God is asking Satan what he did with his seed. That Greek word means, “Sperm.” It is used for child and offspring also. In Greek it gives a clear understanding. In Hebrew it does not.

Little things left out can make a world of difference. Each and every time they (leaders) have made a prophecy, they claimed they got it from God. How many times can God be wrong? None…which means they did not get it from God.

The people (JW’s) are good people. But, like sheep, they are easily led. They are trained to spot a lie. They are not trained to spot what is left out. They are lulled into a false sense of security. When a prophecy does not come true, they are simply told, “”As we get nearer the end, the light gets brighter.

One of the big hooks is, “My people will be known by my name.” The JW’s have put the name Jehovah in the bible over 7,000 times. It is the only religion known by the name Jehovah. On the surface all must agree, this must be the true religion. The Jews agree, Gods name is Jehovah. Let’s undo some of Satan’s work here. God’s name is written YHWH in the scrolls. No way in ten Sundays does YHWH translate into Jehovah! But you say, “The Jews say it is right?” The word Jew comes from the tribe of Judah. There are 11 other tribes that make up Gods people…they don’t agree with this. Each of those tribes has their own name. The tribe of Judah has the world believing all 12 tribes are Jews…not so. The tribe of Judah are the people who killed Jesus. The Jews are in the holy land. Does that make them Gods people? Look at their flag. They say it has the Star of David on it. David never had a star. His son Solomon did. He got it from Bath-Sheba (a wife) who was into black magic. The star is from Egypt…it is the sign of Satan. Knowing that, would you still believe what the Jews say about Gods name? The other 11 tribes won’t say Gods name because they don’t know how to say it right.

I could go on and write a book about this, but it is a subject you have to search out, or not search out. Try this sometime: Tell your elders, You believe the Bible over the Watch Tower magazine, and other books. I think you will be in for a surprise.