• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus Christ a God or Do You Beleive in Jesus the Human ?

Levite

Higher and Higher
I consider Jesus to be a man, and in no sense a god to be worshipped. Messiah was originally meant as someone who would be a king or prophet (I believe that is true; correct me if I am wrong). In light of that, and in light of his humanity, I consider Jesus to be a mentally ill man that is an example to everyone on how we should live our life.
Do you consider Jesus a man or do you consider him a God ? What reasons do you have for that belief ?

He was a man, because people are not God and God is not a human being. He was not the messiah, because he didn't do anything that the messiah is supposed to do. I don't think he was mentally ill, just a heretic with a good heart.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I consider Jesus to be a man, and in no sense a god to be worshipped. Messiah was originally meant as someone who would be a king or prophet (I believe that is true; correct me if I am wrong). In light of that, and in light of his humanity, I consider Jesus to be a mentally ill man that is an example to everyone on how we should live our life.
Do you consider Jesus a man or do you consider him a God ? What reasons do you have for that belief ?

Like all mythologized constructs, the Jesus character, as portrayed in the various writings later compiled into the New Testament, is likely an amalgamation of various people, archetypes, ideas, and pre-existing mythologies.

Mitch M

Perhaps Yahoshua / Joshua / Jesus. Was EXACTLY what the Bible Claimed He was. The IMAGE, of the PERSON- - The Invisible God.
According To Scripture. Jesus was The VERY Creator that Physically Walked and Talked With Adam and Moses and Who Sat down and ATE a Supper with Abraham. AS a Literal Man.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created ; male and female.

FROM Genesis to Revelation. Man is Created in the Image of God. You may Believe that the Bible is fake or Untruth. But The Concept of God * ( THE Eternal SPIRIT ) Creating Himself a Body to Place Himself into is a Basic Concept of the Bible. God Appeared to Moses / AS a Man. To Abraham, to Adam. Walking, Breathing, Eating and Living. I don't understand why People wish to - Partly identify with the Hebrew Scriptures and With Abraham. While Ignoring BASIC Concepts of the TEXT.

And Dont get the IDEA of Pretending to Have a Great RESPECT, ADMIRATION, and Identification With Abraham. When ( IF He Was Alive today } Most People would not Like Him nor His Son Jacob. .. But REMEMBER Rev 1:8 [JESUS SAITH-I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is,and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

We See Jesus Himself, Making the Claim that He was that Very Person.
Did You know that Jesus Even CLAIMED to have been SEEN by Abraham. ?

-

steveb1

If I were a Christian, I would take the old "Ebionite"/Jewish Christian view that Jesus was a mix of human and more-than-human attributes and traits.

1. Jesus was a righteous Jew, rewarded by the Jewish God with the descent of the Spirit at his baptism by John
2. This Spirit was identified not only with the Holy Spirit, but also with the Heavenly Adam Kadmon or Celestial Christ - so already at this early christological stage, we have a Jewish Jesus who is a divine-human mix, proving that the earliest christology was high, not low.
3. Not excluded is the Pauline view expressed in the Philippians hymn, in which Jesus pre-exists as Heavenly Messiah who divests himself of his vestiture of Glory, takes on a "servant's" form, dies, and returns to Heaven with a spiritualized edition of his pre-resurrection body.

In all of these options, Jesus is considered a pre-existent Heavenly Messiah; or a human being on whom the Spirit or Adam Kadmon came. None of these options include the notion of an ontologically divine Jesus, as in Pentecostal Oneness and mainstream Trinitarianism. They include only a Heavenly Adam who temporarily takes human form; or they include a devout Jewish male who the Jewish God rewarded with a transcendent, indwelling spirit.

The latter two options do not signal mental illness on Jesus' part. On the contrary, they are examples of divine union mysticism which is at least as old as shamanism, the East's God-Realized or Self-Realized Person, the union of the Buddha with the transcendental Dharma, and in recent times, Ramana Maharshi and others like him. I do not find any rational reason to identify divine union mysticism with insanity. On the contrary, these experiencers strike me as epitomies of a kind of sanity sorely lacking in the profane world.

Yoshua

He was a man, because people are not God and God is not a human being. He was not the messiah, because he didn't do anything that the messiah is supposed to do. I don't think he was mentally ill, just a heretic with a good heart.

Hi Levite,

May I ask you if did you believe in the New Testament and the words of Jesus in the Bible?

Thanks

Levite

Higher and Higher
Hi Levite,

May I ask you if did you believe in the New Testament and the words of Jesus in the Bible?

Thanks

I don't accept the Christian scriptures as revelatory or sacred text, because I am not a Christian. There are no "words of Jesus" in my Bible, because there is no Jesus in my Bible.

Acala

A Man. Who, attained Gnosis of the True Divine God. Jesus was born of Man, Man is greater than the God of creation.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
As soon as he stops ripping off this dude... I believe there is a possibility that he existed. Apollonius of Tyana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This guy is recorded in multiple places, there is money with his face on it, and he even thought Jesus was a hoax. :)

We know everything about this guy, but know relatively nothing about Jesus in a personal way.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
Since my last post, I've really thought about my answer to this question. I now believe that Yeshua of Nazareth is a man, not a god nor a god-man... nor a prophet.

Last edited:

Yoshua

Since my last post, I've really thought about my answer to this question. I now believe that Yeshua of Nazareth is a man, not a god nor a god-man... nor a prophet.

If He is a man, why He is sinless? Man's nature is sinful.

Yoshua

I don't accept the Christian scriptures as revelatory or sacred text, because I am not a Christian. There are no "words of Jesus" in my Bible, because there is no Jesus in my Bible.

Hi Levite,

I see, I respect that. Just to share the scripture. In the Christian Bible--the New Testament, Jesus confirmed that He is the Messiah. This is the reason why we believe He is the Messiah, and he came already 2,000 years ago.
John 4:25-26
25. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiah cometh (he that is called Christ): when he is come, he will declare unto us all things.
26. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Thanks

Sundance

Premium Member
If He is a man, why He is sinless? Man's nature is sinful.
According to your religion, Yoshua, humanity possesses an inherently sinful nature. Therefore, we need a saviour. Am I telling a lie? Being as I do not share your religion, I am bound to disagree. Humanity's nature is neither inherently good nor evil, being creatures with God-given free will. Therefore, we as individuals are free to choose in life which course of actions we will take. THAT determines whether we are good or evil, not another person's deeds or misdeeds. But then, judging from the fact that even Yeshua was, indeed, a human being, there is no such thing as a uniquely sinless individual, especially if you espouse the belief that humanity has an inherently sinful or evil nature.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
God the Son and a human man. He has a dual Nature. Definitely not mentally ill.

This thread is really just people stating what their religion or lack of believes.

steveb1

God the Son and a human man. He has a dual Nature. Definitely not mentally ill.

This thread is really just people stating what their religion or lack of believes.

But there are serious evidentiary points to be discussed.

If the NT authors thought that Jesus was God, it is almost impossible to explain why there is no NT prayer addressed to Jesus AS God.
NT prayer is addressed to Jesus as messianic Lord and future judge, but not as God.
NT prayer is consistently addressed to God the Father, either "through Jesus" or "in Jesus' name", but not to Jesus as an ontologically divine figure or as a second person in a Trinity.

So NT prayer seems to indicate that the authors were not thinking of Jesus as God.

Acala

The concept of original sin is abhorrent to me personally. Luckily I was never subject to Catholicism in any form.

Yoshua

According to your religion, Yoshua, humanity possesses an inherently sinful nature. Therefore, we need a saviour. Am I telling a lie? Being as I do not share your religion, I am bound to disagree. Humanity's nature is neither inherently good nor evil, being creatures with God-given free will. Therefore, we as individuals are free to choose in life which course of actions we will take. THAT determines whether we are good or evil, not another person's deeds or misdeeds. But then, judging from the fact that even Yeshua was, indeed, a human being, there is no such thing as a uniquely sinless individual, especially if you espouse the belief that humanity has an inherently sinful or evil nature.

Hi Dj,

Therefore if that will be the case, if a man is born not a sinner and dependent on his free will, have you seen a person that perfectly lived in complete righteousness (without sin) throughout his life until he dies?

Thanks

Sundance

Premium Member
I will answer, dear Yoshua, that I have seen no person who is completely righteous in their living. Though, I have seen individuals who generally can be considered righteous or unrighteous based upon their actions.

Yoshua

I will answer, dear Yoshua, that I have seen no person who is completely righteous in their living. Though, I have seen individuals who generally can be considered righteous or unrighteous based upon their actions.

Hi Dj,

Thanks for answering and giving your insights.