• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong to advocate homosexuality as a sin?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
JESUS is GOD. Prove me wrong.

LittleNipper says Torah is a source of truth.
Torah says that a man is not God, and anyone who says he is should be put to death.
Jesus is a man.
Therefore Jesus is not God.
LittleNipper says Jesus is God.
Therefore LittleNipper says LittleNipper should be put to death.

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
LittleNipper says Torah is a source of truth.
Torah says that a man is not God, and anyone who says he is should be put to death.
Jesus is a man.
Therefore Jesus is not God.
LittleNipper says Jesus is God.
Therefore LittleNipper says LittleNipper should be put to death.

If I recall this correctly, Jesus never called himself ' Son of God', only ' Son of Man', which indeed if he was if he even existed. He only became Divine, courtesy of a vote by men at the Council of Nicea, and then he only scraped home.

LittleNipper

I don't have to prove you wrong. By claiming that Jesus is god, you just condemned yourself under the Law, unless you can prove that he is god.

Can you walk on water? Can you bring a person dead for three days back to life? Remember Lazarus.... Can you heal the blind with spit? I rest my case...

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Can you walk on water? Can you bring a person dead for three days back to life? Remember Lazarus.... Can you heal the blind with spit? I rest my case...

Obvious proof that the NT is false, if, as you say, Torah is a source of truth. Is it, or only when it agrees with you?

LittleNipper

And how did you come to this conclusion. Because you realize there is no logical connection between "results in child being born" and "not being a sin."

Well, first you have to explain how you know His holy word and how you came to that conclusion, but assuming you're referring to the Bible, can you tell me where exactly it PROHIBITS lesbianism?
You've demonstrated no blessing either. The fruit of the womb is GOD's blessing. Men and women are equal. Where it speaks to men, it speaks to both.

Mr Cheese

"Fruit in my loins?
Fruit in my loins?
There's no fruit in my loins
Just lice, and proud of 'em"

--Graham Chapman (Yellow Beard)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I think Bob thefluffy penguin is God

and I can prove it with pictures of his arm pits

Liar! Penguins don't have arms!

Yes, Smoke can walk on water, he can bring a dead person back to life after 3 days, and he can heal the blind with spit.

There, he now has 1 written source attesting to his divinity. Three more and he's on par with Jesus.
icon14.gif

ayani

Jesus did call Hismelf "Son of Man", and He also affirmed when asked that He is the Son of God. (Luke 22:70)

If I recall this correctly, Jesus never called himself ' Son of God', only ' Son of Man', which indeed if he was if he even existed. He only became Divine, courtesy of a vote by men at the Council of Nicea, and then he only scraped home.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You've demonstrated no blessing either. The fruit of the womb is GOD's blessing.
Apparently you haven't had the good fortune to meet the fruit of my womb.
Men and women are equal. Where it speaks to men, it speaks to both.

SRSLY? You think that men and women are equal according to the Bible? That they are under the same prohibitions?That's a bizarre interpretation, I must say. So when it says "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." That means "IF a person lies with a person as one lies with a person...? Wow, that thing is really badly written then.

LittleNipper

Apparently you haven't had the good fortune to meet the fruit of my womb.

SRSLY? You think that men and women are equal according to the Bible? That they are under the same prohibitions?That's a bizarre interpretation, I must say. So when it says "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." That means "IF a person lies with a person as one lies with a person...? Wow, that thing is really badly written then.

That is true; however, that blessing absolutely didn't come by way of any same sex relationship.

Both men and women have their share of difficulties and rewards --- ask any Jewish princess...:)

Smoke

Done here.
Peter walked on water. Is Peter God?
Elias raised a dead youth. Is Elias God?
Peter healed a lame man. Is Peter God?

Sorry, if that's the best case you've got, you've still got to be stoned, according to the Torah.

shadze

Who says that God have permitted it?:areyoucra The Torah commanded that they be put to death, in the NT matrimony is firmly established as been the union of a man to a woman that is a Holy oath that a man made to a woman and a woman to a man, in the Epistles that are the code of ethic that guide the Christian Church it is clearly establish that they will have to part in the Kingdom of God. The writer of these Epistles were sent by God (Apostles) to write them or dictated them to scribers.

the torah only said those who committed same sex acts during idol worship. also the torah has nothing about lesbianism. It is then argued wisely that you cannot judge sexuality that is involved in idol worship. Seems stupid that the torah speaks of all sexual acts and doesnt talk on lesbianism which is a form of same sex acts. Neither can you argue God meant both men and woman. In the union of matrimony you forget that woman and mankind are of the same sex. Thier really isnt any seperation. They are both called adam by God.Also they were cursed. This was never a sexual example rthat many boast. always you use the default argument. Because marriage was spoken so much then by default it is the correct way. This is rubbish. just because something is not shown in the bible doesnt mean its not Gods will. Also the bride of Christ consists both of Man and woman. Please note Christ is marrying not a female but the full Adam. A Man. :):rainbow1:

emiliano

Can you share that Torah commandment about lesbians please? Thanks.

That would work with Jewish Jews only, as far as Christianity goes lesbianism is seen a curse on men because there are homosexuals men. I don’t know what the present Jewish position is. Are they Ok with this bizarre behavior? I know that to Islam it is a sin punishable in the most severe way. So we have a one in three that preaching homosexuality as OK with God. You could let us know if they preach lesbianism.

emiliano

the torah only said those who committed same sex acts during idol worship. also the torah has nothing about lesbianism. It is then argued wisely that you cannot judge sexuality that is involved in idol worship. Seems stupid that the torah speaks of all sexual acts and doesnt talk on lesbianism which is a form of same sex acts. Neither can you argue God meant both men and woman. In the union of matrimony you forget that woman and mankind are of the same sex. Thier really isnt any seperation. They are both called adam by God.Also they were cursed. This was never a sexual example rthat many boast. always you use the default argument. Because marriage was spoken so much then by default it is the correct way. This is rubbish. just because something is not shown in the bible doesnt mean its not Gods will. Also the bride of Christ consists both of Man and woman. Please note Christ is marrying not a female but the full Adam. A Man. :):rainbow1:

Thank, interesting what verse of the Torah said that it involve ritual same sex only, that out side the worship in the temple is quite OK with God.
The reason that lesbianism is not mention could be that that women has no role in their ceremonies and men are made responsible for the conducts of their wives, my opinion only I remember reading that there was a pre-Abrahamaic fertility ritual that involved this practice, but I have never been able to confirmed with research. To us Christians is clearer because Jesus quoted it when discoursing on the sanctity of marriage. What is your faith? I am a Christian and congregate in a Christian Church and as I said the rules by which the Church that I chose is guided by are the Epistles of the Apostle Paul. And the bride Church/the bride, what does the fact that Adam=Humanity got to do with preaching that unrepeated homosexual can not be permitted in the bride/Church?:)