• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong to advocate homosexuality as a sin?

LittleNipper

Yup. Did you have a point at all?

No, I have never committed fornication in my life. What are you talking about? Are you saying that when a Christian husband and wife use artificial insemination by a sperm donor, she is committing fornication? I think the thousands of Christian couples who have done this would be quite offended by your attitude.

If you have accepted male sperm without being married to that male, that is fornication. It maybe, medically induced. It maybe without you ever seeing that individual; however, the result is the same.

Yes, it do feel that when any woman is inseminated with sperm that isn't her husbands, she is in reality participating in an act of fornication.

Sorry if anyone is offended. They have to come to their own conclusions and it is my hope that a "christian" would apply biblical knowledge and not just merely scientific authoritative jargon. That is not to say that there are not times the husband's sperm is injected into his wife by a doctor. In that case the sperm is that of the husband's and not some stranger with handsome attributes that the couple or a woman covets.

I have nothing against "infertal" couples adopting. That is an entirely different matter ---- but they should be married as husband and wife.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
If you have accepted male sperm without being married to that male, that is fornication.
How odd. Fornication without sex? Is this just your bizarre take on it, or do you have some kind of source, definition or even scripture in support of this concept?
It maybe, medically induced. It maybe without you ever seeing that individual; however, the result is the same.
I think you should let the thousands of Christians using this method of reproduction know this!

Yes, it do feel that when any woman is inseminated with sperm that isn't her husbands, she is in reality participating in an act of fornication.

Sorry if anyone is offended. They have to come to their own conclusions and it is my hope that a "christian" would apply biblical knowledge and not just merely scientific authoritative jargon
. What does the bible say about artificial insemination?
That is not to say that there are not times the husband's sperm is injected into his wife by a doctor. In that case the sperm is that of the husband's and not some stranger with handsome attributes that the couple or a woman covets.
Actually, it's usually because the husband is infertile.

LittleNipper

How odd. Fornication without sex? Is this just your bizarre take on it, or do you have some kind of source, definition or even scripture in support of this concept? I think you should let the thousands of Christians using this method of reproduction know this!

. What does the bible say about artificial insemination? Actually, it's usually because the husband is infertile.

Believe me when I say that women who are artificially inseminated by doner sperm, NEVER pick short, dumb, UGLY donors. GOD provided adoption.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
"Lesbians" who have children are certainly not cool and I would question their motivation.

And we're all quaking in our boots worried about whether LittleNipper thinks we're cool or not.

newsflash, LittleNipper, bigots are certainly not cool and all the cool people question their motivation.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
"Lesbians" who have children are certainly not cool and I would question their motivation.

Actually, speaking as a "lesbian" (why the quote marks, am I only pretending to be a lesbian because of the great perks?), who has 3 children, I can tell you that I'm extremely cool. :cool:

LittleNipper

And we're all quaking in our boots worried about whether LittleNipper thinks we're cool or not.

newsflash, LittleNipper, bigots are certainly not cool and all the cool people question their motivation.

Is it common today to call anyone a person disagrees with a bigot? And I always thought people were far more open-minded today... Guess I was wrong!:cover:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How am I not cool because I want kids? What of my motives need to be questioned? Do you really think two women, or two men, are less capable of raising of a child than a couple of both genders? What of single parents where there is one or the other? The APA says it doesn't matter what gender the parents are.
I most certainly am cool, because I do not let statements like that dictate my life. I refuse to let some bigoted remark change my opinions about anything. It only adds fuel to the fire, and adds more motivation to get things done. And my motives are very clear. To raise a child to not a bigot, and to accept differences and to not try and make those who are different feel like crap. And if I burn in hell for loving another woman, and for raising a child to be a good person (which our world desperately needs more of), then I shall proudly do so with a smile on my face.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Is it common today to call anyone a person disagrees with a bigot? And I always thought people were far more open-minded today... Guess I was wrong!:cover:

No, not really, only when the person is expressing bigotry, as for example labeling entire groups of people not cool.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Cool people don't necessarily make the best parents...

Now are you trying to tell me I'm not a good parent, just because I'm a lesbian? Did I point out your bigotry yet? If not, allow me to do so now.

Exactly what is it about my parenting that you see fit to criticize?

LittleNipper

Now are you trying to tell me I'm not a good parent, just because I'm a lesbian? Did I point out your bigotry yet? If not, allow me to do so now.

Exactly what is it about my parenting that you see fit to criticize?

Did I say you, and did I say all? What I am saying is that your situation is not what the Bible nor anyone else would or should idealize. It is my opinion that parents want their children to turn out better than themselves...

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Did I say you, and did I say all? What I am saying is that your situation is not what the Bible nor anyone else would or should idealize.
1. The Bible is silent on the subject.
2. Why on earth would I care what the Bible says?
3. Why do you think anyone else should not approve of my parenting? What specifically are you asserting about lesbians as parents. Because unlike you, I have extensive knowledge on the subject, and my experience is that lesbians tend to make wonderful parents.
It is my opinion that parents want their children to turn out better than themselves...
Fascinating...not.

So are you or are you not saying that lesbians are not good parents, or are not cool?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Why is that? Can a bigot not also label everything cool?

Saying "lesbians being parents is not cool" is bigotry, pure and simple.
It's not that hard to make a moral assesment, LN, and even a Christian like you can learn to do it. Just put yourself on the other end of the transaction, like this: "Christians" who have children are definitely not cool. Sounds kinda bigoted, don't you think?

LittleNipper

How am I not cool because I want kids? What of my motives need to be questioned? Do you really think two women, or two men, are less capable of raising of a child than a couple of both genders? What of single parents where there is one or the other? The APA says it doesn't matter what gender the parents are.
I most certainly am cool, because I do not let statements like that dictate my life. I refuse to let some bigoted remark change my opinions about anything. It only adds fuel to the fire, and adds more motivation to get things done. And my motives are very clear. To raise a child to not a bigot, and to accept differences and to not try and make those who are different feel like crap. And if I burn in hell for loving another woman, and for raising a child to be a good person (which our world desperately needs more of), then I shall proudly do so with a smile on my face.

To have children without providing those children with a father seems rather selfish. If one feels bad because of how others view that, how secure can that one be concerning that choice. A bigot is a person who bases his or her opinions on his or her feelings without any regard of research. To imagine that all choices are of equal value is as bigoted and one who feels only his/her choices are valid.

I've never suggested that I know it all or that I have not made dumb mistakes or thought dumb things, but I do not make it a habit of promoting my dumbness at the expense of thousands of years of Biblical history, nor would I intentionally place my desires ahead of the needs of children.