• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong to advocate homosexuality as a sin?

J Bryson

If the Governor of that state pass that law,

Governors don't pass laws. They may sign them into law when passed by the lower houses, but that's not the same thing.
what can the people do other than protest against. I was told that, in many organizations at all levels and political institutions a study was made and many of the high ranking officials are homosexuals.

"I was told that..." by whom? I know a man who has been convinced by a semi-popular conspiracy theorist that many of our leaders are actually reptilian aliens. No, I'm not kidding. Whoever told you this information is operating at approximately the same level of sanity.

But don't believe me, either. Do your own research.

Furthermore, because of their influential status, many or their employees and members become gay to get promotion and offers

No. Doesn't work that way. People don't "become gay" in order to gain advantages. Were it that easy, I'd currently be set up in housekeeping with a nice lawyer who had a thing for me.

. Not sure how creditable that information was,

Then don't bring it up, as doing so has only hurt your ability to effectively communicate your point.

but i decide to mention it as you talk about San Francisco state.

As Autodidact has already informed you: Not a state. California is a state. San Francisco is a city in California.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Governors don't pass laws. They may sign them into law when passed by the lower houses, but that's not the same thing.

"I was told that..." by whom? I know a man who has been convinced by a semi-popular conspiracy theorist that many of our leaders are actually reptilian aliens. No, I'm not kidding. Whoever told you this information is operating at approximately the same level of sanity.

No. Doesn't work that way. People don't "become gay" in order to gain advantages. Were it that easy, I'd currently be set up in housekeeping with a nice lawyer who had a thing for me.

Then don't bring it up, as doing so has only hurt your ability to effectively communicate your point.

As Autodidact has already informed you: Not a state. California is a state. San Francisco is a city in California.

And what's really funny is the thousands of gay people who have pretended to be straight over the centuries, for the precise reason HoI mentions, but that doesn't seem to bother him.

J Bryson

And what's really funny is the thousands of gay people who have pretended to be straight over the centuries, for the precise reason HoI mentions, but that doesn't seem to bother him.

Autodidact, have you no sympathy for my closeted straight brothers and sisters?

Exactly. So why did you bring up rape in a discussion of homosexuality? Since rapists come in all sexualities, it was completely irrelevant to a discussion of the morality of homosexuality.
I brought it up in response to a thread that was posted and because it is homosexuality we are discussing here, isn't it?

If you think homosexuality is a sin, I guarantee you that the problem is with you, not homosexuals - period.
Sorry, but i never mentioned anything about sin -that was a long time ago. However, if you want my view about this forum topic's question the answer is NO and that is from a religious and non-religious view point. The bible doesn't support homosexuality neither do i accept it as a normal person apart from religion.

Last edited:

Thank you for the correction about San Francisco, i appreciate it. The point i mentioned stands though, you may not accept it but it does happen. Did you say people don't become gay? some do.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
I don't understand how anyone can make an intelligent argument against homosexuality. What people do in the privacy of their own homes - so long as it doesn't hurt anyone - is nobody else's business.

If you are not personally gay, that's good for you. But I don't see why others being gay would be such a problem for you. I guess anything can be rationalized in the mind of a bigot.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I brought it up in response to a thread that was posted and because it is homosexuality we are discussing here, isn't it?

But why did you think rape was relevant to the discussion? You're the one who raised the issue, so you must have thought it significant.

My point, rather simple, is that homosexual rape is no more an argument against homosexuality than heterosexual rape is an argument against heterosexuality.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
But why did you think rape was relevant to the discussion? You're the one who raised the issue, so you must have thought it significant.

My point, rather simple, is that homosexual rape is no more an argument against homosexuality than heterosexual rape is an argument against heterosexuality.

Basically: Gays are icky.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
If I conducted a poll, I wonder how many people would find Pat Robertson, John Hagee, Fred Phelps and James Dobson ickier than Leonard Bernstein, Billy Zane, Alexander Godunov and Ellen Degeneres?