• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong if my religion is Satan ?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Whatever that means . . .
That means I don't want to hear any nonsense about how Satanism is more than just LeVey Satanism. Such posts do not answer my remark. Replies should limit themselves to LeVey Satanism. But you knew that already.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
That means I don't want to hear any nonsense about how Satanism is more than just LeVey Satanism. Such posts do not answer my remark. Replies should limit themselves to LeVey Satanism. But you knew that already.
Right, whatever . . . The Church of Satan is not about narcissism.

The Church Of Satan on Twitter
"Narcissism is solipsistic, which is a Satanic sin. We recognize that other perspectives exist and learn from them."

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
You know she means LaVeyan Satanism. Don't play dumb. It's not her fault that Howard Levey chose a fake name that's so easy to misspell.
What the hell are you going on about now? I know what she meant, where are you confused with all of this?
What does Howard Stanton Levey's name have to do with what I am talking about?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What the hell are you going on about now? I know what she meant, where are you confused with all of this?
What does Howard Stanton Levey's name have to do with what I am talking about?
If you knew what she meant, then why did you act like you didn't?

IndigoChild5559

Right, whatever . . . The Church of Satan is not about narcissism.

The Church Of Satan on Twitter
"Narcissism is solipsistic, which is a Satanic sin. We recognize that other perspectives exist and learn from them."
Actually, in a thread back in October I documented quite well that Levey Satanism is very much about being selfish. Levey says as much and so does the Church of Satan website.

From the Church of Satan website F.A.Q. Fundamental Beliefs | Church of Satan

Our position is to be self-centered, with ourselves being the most important person (the “God”) of our subjective universe, so we are sometimes said to worship ourselves.

From Levey's Satanic Bible: http://www.metaphysicspirit.com/books/The Satanic Bible.pdf

Satanism represents a form of controlled selfishness.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Actually, in a thread back in October I documented quite well that Levey Satanism is very much about being selfish. Levey says as much and so does the Church of Satan website.

Our position is to be self-centered, with ourselves being the most important person (the “God”) of our subjective universe, so we are sometimes said to worship ourselves.

From Levey's Satanic Bible: http://www.metaphysicspirit.com/books/The Satanic Bible.pdf

Selfishness, Narcissism, Self-Centeredness (Self-Worth), these are all different things.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
If you knew what she meant, then why did you act like you didn't?
You just like to argue, about anything with anyone . . . a useless endeavor, void of purpose. I'm sure you'll reply to this as well, because you seem to be of the ilk who 'need' the last word . . . no matter how meaningless it is.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

"It is unnatural not to have desire to gain things for yourself. Satanism represents a form of controlled selfishness. This does not mean that you never do anything for anyone else. If you do something to make someone for whom you care happy, his happiness will give you a sense of gratification."

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You just like to argue, about anything with anyone . . . a useless endeavor, void of purpose. I'm sure you'll reply to this as well, because you seem to be of the ilk who 'need' the last word . . . no matter how meaningless it is.
Instead of acting like a pissy child, you could just answer the question (or ignore it; whatever). I don't know what your problem is.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Instead of acting like a pissy child, you could just answer the question (or ignore it; whatever). I don't know what your problem is.
I rest my case . . . "You just like to argue, about anything with anyone . . . a useless endeavor, void of purpose. I'm sure you'll reply to this as well, because you seem to be of the ilk who 'need' the last word . . . no matter how meaningless it is."

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I rest my case . . . "You just like to argue, about anything with anyone . . . a useless endeavor, void of purpose. I'm sure you'll reply to this as well, because you seem to be of the ilk who 'need' the last word . . . no matter how meaningless it is."
I see you've chosen to continue to act like a pissy child. Unfortunate. Have a good day.

IndigoChild5559

Selfishness, Narcissism, Self-Centeredness (Self-Worth), these are all different things.
I documented all of the above.

Self-centeredness is not self worth. I have a wonderful sense of self worth, but I am not self-centered.

Being self-centered is largely symptom of immaturity, usually due to something happening at that stage of development to arrest development such as a trauma or drug abuse, etc. However, it could also be due to malfunctions of the brain such as those exhibited in sociopathy and cluster B personality disorders.

Self worth on the other hand is evidence of a healthy mental state.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

"It is unnatural not to have desire to gain things for yourself. Satanism represents a form of controlled selfishness. This does not mean that you never do anything for anyone else. If you do something to make someone for whom you care happy, his happiness will give you a sense of gratification."
But there are healthy limits on this.

First of all, we do not do this at the expense of others, not if we are emotionally and spiritually healthy. This includes emotionally and spiritually hurting others. For example, I don't go for a promotion by unjustly cheating another candidate. I don't push and shove my way through a crowd of people to get my child the toy they want for Christmas. I don't sell someone a time share they can't afford and don't need just to get a commission.

Second of all, we do not seek our emotional gratification in the short run if it hurts us in the long run. I don't get drunk because it leads to becoming an alcoholic and ending up screwing those I love and ending up out on the street. I don't overeat because I'll get fat and end up with diabetes, heart disease, and dead. Conspicuous consumption feels good in the moment, but ultimately makes me less and less happy.

BTW, what are you quoting? It is unethical to quote something without citing the quotation.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
But there are healthy limits on this.

First of all, we do not do this at the expense of others, not if we are emotionally and spiritually healthy. This includes emotionally and spiritually hurting others. For example, I don't go for a promotion by unjustly cheating another candidate. I don't push and shove my way through a crowd of people to get my child the toy they want for Christmas. I don't sell someone a time share they can't afford and don't need just to get a commission.

Second of all, we do not seek our emotional gratification in the short run if it hurts us in the long run. I don't get drunk because it leads to becoming an alcoholic and ending up screwing those I love and ending up out on the street. I don't overeat because I'll get fat and end up with diabetes, heart disease, and dead. Conspicuous consumption feels good in the moment, but ultimately makes me less and less happy.

BTW, what are you quoting? It is unethical to quote something without citing the quotation.
I didn't mean to associate Self-Worth with Self-Centeredness . . . just lumped them together as I thought they should be.

I was quoting from the book (Satanic Bible) of which the link for was posted and the discussion is centered on.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You are welcome to it LOL
and learn to spell.

63cb8dfdc87579006e67188b002f1e43--witches-funny-****.jpg