• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong if my religion is Satan ?

DustyFeet

पैर है| outlaw kosher care-bear | Tribe of Dan
can't breath in panic , start to feel manic .

hey james,

i'm not a psychiatrist, but i've seen my share of crazy... this doesn't sound crazy to me. real crazy people, people who are manic, they think they are normal... and eveyone else is crazy.

you may need medical help, it's nothing to be ashamed of. practically all my friends and family are on psysch meds, most of them for anxiety and sleep. and what you're saying reminds me of what they say.

my opinion, if you feel crazy, you probably aren't.

my suggestion, see a Dr. contact your parents ( if u can ) or a good friend if you need extra support. take the meds, if they're prescribed **and** give them a chance to work.. like months and months. listen to your Dr. and try not to be afraid. you can get thru this.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Not so Iblis! I remember this term being repeated in one of the old scruffy translations of the Quran I read online. It read like Dante's Divine Comedy or Milton's Paradise Lost. I've often wondered about the absence of Satan, as such, in Judaism.

Job Chapter 1 Tanakh
Judaism has a myriad of different beliefs about Satan depending on the denomination. Frank is referring to this one:
Only twice in the Hebrew Bible does Satan appear as a specific figure, as HaSatan — the Satan. One is a brief reference in the Book of Zecharia, where the high priest is described as standing before a divine angel while Satan stands at his right to accuse him. The other is in the Book of Job, where Satan has a central role in the story as an angel in the divine court. According to the biblical narrative, Satan — here too commonly translated as the Adversary — seems to urge God to create hardship for his righteous servant Job, arguing that Job is faithful only on account of his wealth and good fortune. Take those away, Satan claims, and Job will blaspheme. God permits Satan to take away Job’s wealth, kill his family and afflict him physically, none of which induces Job to rebel against God.

The Book of Job is sometimes cited to support the claim that the Jewish view of Satan as an agent of God is different from the Christian view, which sees Satan as an autonomous force opposed to God. In the story, Satan inflicts suffering on a human being and seeks to induce him to sin — but only with God’s permission.
Do Jews Believe in Satan? | My Jewish Learning

DustyFeet

Judaism has a myriad of different beliefs about Satan depending on the denomination

it's in the "siddur" ( my prayer book ) in the prayers before going to bed...

but we don't focus on "satan"; we ignore "it"... or at least, i think we're supposed to

DustyFeet

You can't ignore evil though ?

i think we're supposed to try, but, you can and should follow your own beliefs. i am far from perfect... but I try to stay positive

keep filling "your cup" with goodness, to over flowing, maybe

or try reducing the size of "your cup", so it takes less goodness to overwhelm it.. maybe

james blunt

i think we're supposed to try, but, you can and should follow your own beliefs. i am far from perfect... but I try to stay positive

keep filling "your cup" with goodness, to over flowing, maybe

or try reducing the size of "your cup", so it takes less goodness to overwhelm it.. maybe
A cup can never be empty of space even when full , the purity of space always underlying matter .

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Then where can I find evil ? Because most who claim to be good are really evil so the opposite must be true and evil must be good .

That seems one of the most overtly-reactionary philosophies I have ever read.

Perhaps...and this is just a guess...the trick is to not simply take people on face value, based on claimed attributes, but instead to judge them by their fruits?

And just in case @Wirey is reading on, you know darn well what I mean, sir.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
No one told me. It's pretty depressing to find out that the religions I joined after leaving Catholicism were fake. No signup sheets. No demand for money. *sigh*

I'm happy to offer my services.
The very best part of my offer is that not only will I start up a religion and demand you both sign up and donate to it, but I'll also charge you a consulting fee for my work.

By paying twice you'll...feel...much better? Or something.
The money will go towards Charity.

At least, it will if I can find a young lady of sufficiently negotiable virtue called 'Charity'.

james blunt

That seems one of the most overtly-reactionary philosophies I have ever read.

Perhaps...and this is just a guess...the trick is to not simply take people on face value, based on claimed attributes, but instead to judge them by their fruits?

And just in case @Wirey is reading on, you know darn well what I mean, sir.

It's a revolution ..........

Is it wrong if my religion is Satan ?

Maybe it's like this:

1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

Ajarn

1/3 of the Angels followed Satan so perhaps he is not so bad, he was after all the prince of Angels.

If you do follow him however what are you following, what are the Religious practices and the final goal, keeping in mind that all that you will read has been made up by crackpots like Anton lavey who does not believe in Satan anyway other then as a Symbol.

why Satan, are you feeling rebellious and cannot fully part from the Bible so you choose still a Christian character.

How about researching other Religions, the Bible is not the only work, see what grabs you.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
1/3 of the Angels followed Satan so perhaps he is not so bad, he was after all the prince of Angels.

If you do follow him however what are you following, what are the Religious practices and the final goal, keeping in mind that all that you will read has been made up by crackpots like Anton lavey who does not believe in Satan anyway other then as a Symbol.

why Satan, are you feeling rebellious and cannot fully part from the Bible so you choose still a Christian character.

How about researching other Religions, the Bible is not the only work, see what grabs you.
The problem with your assesment of Satanism is, you haven't a clue as to what it is about. Satanists don't define Satan through Abrahamic lenses. Was LaVey any less sane than someone talking to burning bushes? What evolved from the foundation of LaVeyan Satanism has been several philosophically sound tributaries of Satanism, ones that, in my opinion, make much more sense than say Christianity, or Islam.

wellwisher

Satan worship is not optimized in terms of the hierarchy of the brain. In Revelations, Satan is thrown from heaven, to earth. Heaven is symbolic of the main frame parts of the brain and psyche, inner self and collective unconscious. Earth is more connected to the conscious mind and ego.

Satan, after being moved from heaven to earth is now positioned in the brain hierarchy analogous to shadow or ID, which is the gateway to the collective unconscious. The net affect is the modern version of Satan does not provide the best psychological center. It is an area that is more conscious allowing more data collection for conviction but it is shaped by human willpower.

In the Old Testament, Satan was in heaven, meaning Satan was an aspect of the main frame parts of the brain and psyche. He was considered the Lord of the Earth and the unconscious drive behind the human ego. This was more spontaneous like an instinct. Now the position of Satan is more induced by willpower and a shadow that the ego makes, due to lack of a natural center.

DustyFeet

Satan worship is not optimized in terms of the hierarchy of the brain. In Revelations, Satan is thrown from heaven, to earth. Heaven is symbolic of the main frame parts of the brain and psyche, inner self and collective unconscious. Earth is more connected to the conscious mind and ego.

Satan, after being moved from heaven to earth is now positioned in the brain hierarchy analogous to shadow or ID, which is the gateway to the collective unconscious. The net affect is the modern version of Satan does not provide the best psychological center. It is an area that is more conscious allowing more data collection for conviction but it is shaped by human willpower.

In the Old Testament, Satan was in heaven, meaning Satan was an aspect of the main frame parts of the brain and psyche. He was considered the Lord of the Earth and the unconscious drive behind the human ego. This was more spontaneous like an instinct. Now the position of Satan is more induced by willpower and a shadow that the ego makes, due to lack of a natural center.

thank you wellwisher, i love this

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Satanists don't define Satan through Abrahamic lenses. Was LaVey any less sane than someone talking to burning bushes? What evolved from the foundation of LaVeyan Satanism has been several philosophically sound tributaries of Satanism, ones that, in my opinion, make much more sense than say Christianity, or Islam.

Why Satan? Why not Eris? Far more useful philosophical worth there!

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Why Satan? Why not Eris? Far more useful philosophical worth there!
I don't understand what your reply is about? I'm sure there are organizations out there that evolved from some Eris Cult. However, my comment is referring to Satan.

Last edited:

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
Is it wrong my religion is Satan ?

God is of waste of my time so perhaps Satan will help me .
In my view God is good and beautiful and he/she created everything good and beautiful. By definition really, Satan is the opposite of this and, therefore, is not God. Why relate to non-God as if he/she is God?