• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong for a man to wear a skirt and high heels

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yeah. God doesn't seem to like it. He's got kind of a weak stomach.

Deuteronomy 22:5
A woman must not wear men’s clothes, and a man must not wear women’s clothes. That is disgusting to the Lord your God."
Nothing intrinsically wrong with it you understand, just one of his psychological hangups.
I wonder what a man dressing in drag would have looked like back when Deuteronomy was written... Why do you think it offended God so much?

I hope God has a sense of humor now... Or at least hopefully he is more tolerant of those whose behavior isn't hurting anybody.

There's nothing in the New Testament that addresses cross-dressing.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Now the question is, if a person is a true Christian, they believe the Bible to be true, and they believe such things are an Abomination against God, should they feel it is their responsibility to rebuke and correct somebody who's dressing in Drag?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
When I perform in Comedy Burlesque shows I often do in drag and sing bass acapella. I have a great deep bass voice.

Clothing in reality has cultural not moral considerations.

Those who object have too much time on their hands and need to take up a new hobby, like making designer clothing (gender specific) for pigeons in the park.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I wonder what a man dressing in drag would have looked like back when Deuteronomy was written... Why do you think it offended God so much?

I hope God has a sense of humor now... Or at least hopefully he is more tolerant of those whose behavior isn't hurting anybody.

There's nothing in the New Testament that addresses cross-dressing.

Like much ancient scripture this does not represent what displeases God, but the cultural view of the time concerning what they believe displeases God.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It's wrong for anyone to wear high heels.
Unhealthy!

My Missus can't wear heels anymore.
But a man who lives nearby does wear skirts, high heels etc and looks exactly female. He even has the figure for the clothes. And he can ride a bicycle whilst wearing heels. Amazing.

I have no probs about how anybody dresses, unless you can dig up a pic to shock me? (challenged! :) )

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My Missus can't wear heels anymore.
But a man who lives nearby does wear skirts, high heels etc and looks exactly female. He even has the figure for the clothes. And he can ride a bicycle whilst wearing heels. Amazing.

I have no probs about how anybody dresses, unless you can dig up a pic to shock me? (challenged! :) )
Mrs Revolt gave up heels years ago.
Her feet are happier.
Happy feet make for happy people.

And if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Me in drag;

10685597_786015138106935_5376007894200736744_n.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Now the question is, if a person is a true Christian, they believe the Bible to be true, and they believe such things are an Abomination against God, should they feel it is their responsibility to rebuke and correct somebody who's dressing in Drag?
A lot of them who consider themselves "true Christians," (Evangelicals and Conservatives, mostly) certainly do take it upon themselves as their duty to rebuke/denounce/shame anything and everything that offends their over-sensitive religious feeling.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
A lot of them who consider themselves "true Christians," (Evangelicals and Conservatives, mostly) certainly do take it upon themselves as their duty to rebuke/denounce/shame anything and everything that offends their over-sensitive religious feeling.
Yeah... I guess I would have to understand why it's evil or wrong before I could begin to correct such a person. I don't see how it's hurting anybody, so I fail to see the need to correct it. I feel sorry for people who feel the need to correct such harmless behaviors because some ancient text convinces them that it's an abomination.

It must be a hard life when you feel that it's your responsibility and conviction to correct harmless behaviors because the Bible says it is a sin.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It's definitely wrong for a man to wear a skirt and high heels to the beach, or playing on swings with little kids, or replacing the transmission on a car, or mowing the grass, or collecting signatures for the NRA, or ....
Tom

David T

Premium Member
It's always wrong for a man to wear high heels and a dress when when on a construction site doing foundation work . He May wear a skirt since it's Scottish tradition but never high heels unless he's French and scottish. So I suppose there are exceptions but not in oregon, its law. Maybe day glow skirts would pass but they would have to cover your knees definitely not high heels unless they were leather and steel toed. Maybe. Wow this is a difficult question to sharply answer.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So I suppose there are exceptions but not in oregon, its law. Maybe day glow skirts would pass but they would have to cover your knees definitely not high heels unless they were leather and steel toed.
Here in Indiana, they just have to be steel toed.
But I thought Oregon required a consent form from the cow for leather shoes.
Tom

David T

Premium Member
Here in Indiana, they just have to be steel toed.
But I thought Oregon required a consent form from the cow for leather shoes.
Tom
Ha! Only if you are married!!! BTW oregon is hippies with guns. More strip clubs per capita than anywhere else. Why? Because all oregonians hate government, free speech. We don't have a confused government is the moral authority issues that lots of other states have. No our cows can be married or shoe leather it's all good.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ha! Only if you are married!!! BTW oregon is hippies with guns. More strip clubs per capita than anywhere else. Why? Because all oregonians hate government, free speech. We don't have a confused government is the moral authority issues that lots of other states have. No our cows can be married or shoe leather it's all good.

Yeah, but I heard that they don't let you pump your own gas in Oregon - unless you're wearing a skirt and high heels. They have some weird laws.

David T

Premium Member
Yeah, but I heard that they don't let you pump your own gas in Oregon - unless you're wearing a skirt and high heels. They have some weird laws.
Obviously that's in place as safety gear. Who is going to mug a guy in a skirt and heels that was a former logger with a beard. :)

Miles

I mean, I venerate Jesus, and it's against my religion to proselytize, believe there's only one god, or believe that a human can be God. It's also against my religion to believe that being gay or trans are sinful or to deny someone abortion and birth control.

Is it my responsibility to "rebuke" (lmao who even uses that word anymore) evangelical Christians then?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I mean, I venerate Jesus, and it's against my religion to proselytize, believe there's only one god, or believe that a human can be God. It's also against my religion to believe that being gay or trans are sinful or to deny someone abortion and birth control.

Is it my responsibility to "rebuke" (lmao who even uses that word anymore) evangelical Christians then?
Evangelical Christians should be rebuked and their errors pointed out