• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is it weird

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
A non-creator God is not necessarily a created God.

This thread is from forever ago lol. And maybe not, but generally non-creator gods tend to be created along with the rest of the universe.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
This thread is from forever ago lol. And maybe not, but generally non-creator gods tend to be created along with the rest of the universe.

I don't think there is a question of creator and creation to be resolved by a god-concept, personally. I got the sense that neither does the OP, although he seems to be a theist.

ChanaR

Could be an eternally existing god that, for whatever reason, decided not to create anything.
Science has proven the universe had a beginning, and Luis said this god was part of the universe. As a Noahide, you are of course a true monotheist.

What do you think of the Jewish teaching that all of creation contains the Divine spark?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you think of the Jewish teaching that all of creation contains the Divine spark?
I believe it. The Divine Spark in the human in called the soul, which longs to connect with G-d.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Where did this God come from? Just curious.
I don't know. And because I do not know, I will not pretend to know that it was created somehow.

For all I know, existence always was in some form, with or without some form of God.

ChanaR

I don't know. And because I do not know, I will not pretend to know that it was created somehow.

For all I know, existence always was in some form, with or without some form of God.
Do you think THIS universe has always existed despite scientific proof to the contrary?

Or do you think this god exists in more than one universe?

Or what?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Do you think THIS universe has always existed despite scientific proof to the contrary?

Or do you think this god exists in more than one universe?

Or what?
What scientific proof?

Current evidence points towards the Big Bang, but who knows what, if anything, existed before it. In any case, to say that there was creation feels just way too anthropomorphic for me to seriously consider.

I don't use god-concepts except as a name for anything that provides a certain form of reverence and inspiration, or to attempt to be understood by theists.

ukok102nak

:smoke: my own response would be to point out that
uniqueness is not a sign of a hoax or let us say
simply having a faith and belief that is unique unto everybody else doesn't mean it never existed.
otherwise, we would have to reject the Antikythera Machanism,
which is also a singular item with no objects of any intermediate sophistication discovered so far.

and if we may say so
anything that were created cannot be mentioned unless there's a creator who create it.
such example is G-ds
what is the essence of not havin a belief unto something if there's no one created such thing as this
meaning whoever created the word G-ds also shared a meaningful desire to someone who doesn't
want to have a faith and belief with this existing word known as G-d or G-ds

Last edited: