• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it so hard to accept people wish to convert?

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
You cant compare two opposing armies who kill each other every day - too two christians - same God - just slightly different beliefs who get a long anyway or have no reason not to!
Yes i can, and it is merely your opinion that we have slighty different beliefs. From our point of view (which you are unwilling to see) we are on two different sides, one for God's truth which saves and one for a corruption of it which damns the soul, there is no middle ground here.

What trap would there be - its a computer for goodness sake!
Erm getting someone banned perhaps? That is one possibliltiy. :sarcastic

Not to mention the fact that the member had been having issues with the LDS faith for a couple of months - even I had noticed he had removed his religion I think it read something like "unsure"
it said "i'm trying" that was all. Everyone has question and struggles at times, this means nothing.

and then changed it to evanglical christian.
MAny call themselves this at times, he never said he had become an evangelical christian, he said he was "undergoing a conversion", that is completely different.

In this situation you take the love of God, trust them and answer their questions.
What questions did he ask? I will answer any question directed to me, he asked about a church to attend which him being in america I was unable to answer and the interprtation of a verse I posted which i said didn't need interpreting.

The way you do it make you come across as a rather aragont unloving set of individuals who completely misrepresent christiantiy.
God bless you.

Remeber its a christian to a christian here.....
Not from our point of view.
The member wasnt putting your faith down or saying you were wrong, he was actually agreeing with you and saying he wanted to learn about your faith....
He still can, I will happily answer questions, all we asked for was proof of his sincerity.

and you guys gave him time limits to answer and intergated him...
Plural? I asked one question, "what doubts are you having that are so serious that you would consider leaving the mormon church?" Was that disrespectful? Arrogant? Confrontational? Tell me exactly what was wrong with that question, I want proof to back up your slanderous claims.

if it were me I would say you misrepresent christianity and I wouldnt want to enter your church!
This i not about joining a church, you can join my church and still be unsaved. This is about getting into a right relationship with God. The salvation of our souls.

As for you last comment... Im not sure what to make of that... Im disappointed in you paul... I thought you were an genuine nice guy.... I now have a completely different view.
I stand by it, I have learned from this, it wil lsaty with me forever, I have been hurt by this malice and ill intent and can't belieev that people would act this way, it is evil and as far from Christianity as can be.
I am genuine and I speak from my heart, what you see is what you get, no hidden intentions or malice.

God bless.

Dream Angel

Yes i can, and it is merely your opinion that we have slighty different beliefs. From our point of view (which you are unwilling to see) we are on two different sides, one for God's truth which saves and one for a corruption of it which damns the soul, there is no middle ground here.

Erm getting someone banned perhaps? That is one possibliltiy. :sarcastic

it said "i'm trying" that was all. Everyone has question and struggles at times, this means nothing.

MAny call themselves this at times, he never said he had become an evangelical christian, he said he was "undergoing a conversion", that is completely different.

What questions did he ask? I will answer any question directed to me, he asked about a church to attend which him being in america I was unable to answer and the interprtation of a verse I posted which i said didn't need interpreting.

God bless you.

Not from our point of view.
He still can, I will happily answer questions, all we asked for was proof of his sincerity.

Plural? I asked one question, "what doubts are you having that are so serious that you would consider leaving the mormon church?" Was that disrespectful? Arrogant? Confrontational? Tell me exactly what was wrong with that question, I want proof to back up your slanderous claims.

This i not about joining a church, you can join my church and still be unsaved. This is about getting into a right relationship with God. The salvation of our souls.

I stand by it, I have learned from this, it wil lsaty with me forever, I have been hurt by this malice and ill intent and can't belieev that people would act this way, it is evil and as far from Christianity as can be.
I am genuine and I speak from my heart, what you see is what you get, no hidden intentions or malice.

God bless.

No it was another member who put the time limit - you were agreeing with that.. hence I said you guys as in "The thread" - I dont want to name names when people arent here, everyone obviously knows who I mean, but it is unfair when he is not here to support himself.

How is getting banned one possibility... how would he be able to get you banned? Thats absurd!

As I said I am disappointed in you... I was wrong.. I thought you had an open mind... we have spoken before as two christians with different beliefs and it was fine. Now you insult us by saying we are decievers? and others (sons of darkness was it?) how have we decieved you exactly? Noone is decieving you.

I hope you learn how to not mistreat people, I am very accepting of people having different beliefs... I dont like people who say we are in the darkness and integrate and are down right rude! It has nothing to do with the religion. Its the character of the person. Jesus taught to love! That thread didnt show love but hate....and it misrepresents you faith. Your faith is prob fine, i dont know much about it... I told the member this also and said to ask elsewhere with people who had conversational skills!

I am very upset and hurt that a fellow christian and englishmen at that can treat people with such hate and rudeness!

Dream Angel

As for the malice.. you were first on that boat:-

This experience, if nothing else has taught me a whole lot about the type of people I am dealing with, sons of darkness, full of all malice and deceit. I must remember to keep this in mind and not be sucked in by peoples apparent niceness, because inside they are ravening wolves.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
This is a general question to everyone. I am curious, if someone wanted to convert to your faith or to another faith? whether family friends, whatever - how would you respond.

Honestly, I'd be a little wary. I would ask them questions about their beliefs, and why they think this path is the right one for them. It doesn't matter what the answers are, even they have no answers but are just looking to learn what else is out there, as long as their answers are honest then they should be able to learn about it.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
No it was another member who put the time limit - you were agreeing with that..
I agrred with it? I made no comment at all. Please don't say these things without proof, it is unfair.

hence I said you guys as in "The thread" -
Which was wrong.

How is getting banned one possibility... how would he be able to get you banned? Thats absurd!
Hmm, someone comes saying I am considering converting to your religion, can you help - but converting someone is against forums rules is it not? A setup, plain and simple.

Now you insult us by saying we are decievers? and others (sons of darkness was it?) how have we decieved you exactly? Noone is decieving you.
The evidence speaks for itself. Choose to close your eyes if you wish, it probably suits you to do so.

I hope you learn how to not mistreat people,
I mistreat no -one, but I will as instructed by Gods Word reprove unfruitful works of darkness and for the plain reason that it may open the eyes of people to it so they can avoid it.

I am very accepting of people having different beliefs...
Me too. I accept anyones right to believe what they want and to practice their faith as they wish, what has this got to do with anything here.

I dont like people who say we are in the darkness and integrate and are down right rude! It has nothing to do with the religion.
People are known by their fruits and by their fruits I know them, lies, deciet, malicious intent = darkness.

Jesus taught to love!
Amen, he also reproved darkness.

That thread didnt show love but hate....
It was friendly and warm until false brethren entered which speaks for itself.

I am very upset and hurt that a fellow christian and englishmen at that can treat people with such hate and rudeness!
God bless you.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
As for the malice.. you were first on that boat:-
What was malicious about that comment?

1.desire to inflict injury, harm, or suffering on another, either because of a hostile impulse or out of deep-seated meanness: the malice and spite of a lifelong enemy. 2.Law. evil intent on the part of a person who commits a wrongful act injurious to others

The intent to get people in trouble is malicious, to reprove such an action and describe what it is is merely describing the actions of another. This I did not to cause harm but to warn others and to show the people concerned the effects their actions have had.

Dream Angel

I agrred with it? I made no comment at all. Please don't say these things without proof, it is unfair.

Your first post in this thread showed you agreed with it, otherwise you would have said it was harsh.

Hmm, someone comes saying I am considering converting to your religion, can you help - but converting someone is against forums rules is it not? A setup, plain and simple.

You know very well I went to the LDS section, got converted and noone got kicked out because I wanted them to talk to me. I think youll find its when they say they dont want to now and you still persist "Our religion is right, our religion is that" And I know the member wanted to be converted but there was lot of hate going on to the LDS church and I think that was the problem not the actual explaining the belief when you finally got round to it!

The evidence speaks for itself. Choose to close your eyes if you wish, it probably suits you to do so.

Ok you show me the evidence then.....that shows the member was being decietful and malice?

It was friendly and warm until false brethren entered which speaks for itself.

Ah so the problem is you still dont believe the member... let me see you think the church is right and the right path to salvation yet you kick people out who are outside the church who wish to be converted.... hmm that doesnt sound like a good plan to me!!!

joeboonda

I wish I was better at those darn quotes, lol. Dream Angel is right, only arguing is happening now and that is no good. I understand about standing up for one's belief, but my fellow Christians jumped the gun, if our friend wants to be an 'evengelical' Christian, great, if he changes his mind or has some questions, fine, but lets give the fellow a chance. I don't like these things, they are like exclusive clubs. And as Groucho Marx once said, "any club that would have me in it, I will have no part of." LOL!

P.S. I am sorry, Paul. You are indeed a great brother in Christ whom I love, and I understand what you stand for, but doesn't our friend deserve a chance?

Dream Angel

I wish I was better at those darn quotes, lol. Dream Angel is right, only arguing is happening now and that is no good. I understand about standing up for one's belief, but my fellow Christians jumped the gun, if our friend wants to be an 'evengelical' Christian, great, if he changes his mind or has some questions, fine, but lets give the fellow a chance. I don't like these things, they are like exclusive clubs. And as Groucho Marx once said, "any club that would have me in it, I will have no part of." LOL!

P.S. I am sorry, Paul. You are indeed a great brother in Christ whom I love, and I understand what you stand for, but doesn't our friend deserve a chance?

I dont think paul believes him still... his last post said "false brethren" even now the member explained what was going on... I am very confused why someone who claims to be a christian can turn people away....:confused:

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
I never once refused to answer a question and I never will, all i asked for was some evidence of his sincerity, is that too much to ask for considering his past posts?
I asked one simple question it was this " What doubts do you have that are so serious that you would consider leaving morminism?"
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=858658#post858658
this is not offensive and is very reasonable. What I do object to is threads like this slandering Christians for being cautious about someone who was previously so hostile.

Any way Joe, I have no desire to argue with you or even to disagree with you, you are less emotional about this than me so maybe you are seeing more clearly but I am convinced of the truthfulness of what I have written so I cannot retract what I have said. I am done with this thread as it is only feeding the hurt and I need to go put it on the cross and forgive.

Dream Angel

I never once refused to answer a question and I never will, all i asked for was some evidence of his sincerity, is that too much to ask for considering his past posts?
I asked one simple question it was this " What doubts do you have that are so serious that you would consider leaving morminism?"
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=858658#post858658
this is not offensive and is very reasonable. What I do object to is threads like this slandering Christians for being cautious about someone who was previously so hostile.

Any way Joe, I have no desire to argue with you or even to disagree with you, you are less emotional about this than me so maybe you are seeing more clearly but I am convinced of the truthfulness of what I have written so I cannot retract what I have said. I am done with this thread as it is only feeding the hurt and I need to go put it on the cross and forgive.

Paul I think you are misunderstanding here.... this thread is definitely not slandering christians. Please show me the part in the OP which is slandering christians? - it is merely stating we should all be civil to each other and that I disagreed with the things said in that thread...the other member wasnt being cautious he was being downright rude! I didnt actually mention your question and you jumped down my throat talking about sons of darkness etc and malice so I assumed you agreed with the way the other member (Special revelation/Bible truth) spoke to nutshell? If you didnt then I apologise for what i said... If you do however, there is no point saying well I only said this...when you agree with the rest of it!

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
this thread is definitely not slandering christians.

Somehow lying to everybody to aggressively push one's religion doesn't slander Christians, but this thread does?

This is an instance of seriously misplaced blame. If anyone thinks "Christians" were slandered around here recently, there are a lot more reasonable candidates for that blame than Dream Angel. :areyoucra

Dream Angel

doppelgänger;859649 said:
Somehow lying to everybody to aggressively push one's religion doesn't slander Christians, but this thread does?

This is an instance of seriously misplaced blame. If anyone thinks "Christians" were slandered around here recently, there are a lot more reasonable candidates for that blame than Dream Angel. :areyoucra

I think there has been a cross wire somewhere along the line. I have just sent a private message to paul apologising if i hurt his feelings and saying I was actually directing the thread towards BT/SR.... he appeared to agree with what had been said as he was saying we were sons of darkness and malice etc so I responded and then he said that hed only asked one question...which was a fair question... so I am just confused now! :)

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Paul I think you are misunderstanding here.... this thread is definitely not slandering christians. Please show me the part in the OP which is slandering christians?

You wrote:
Asking for verification that the fact they are thinking of converting is true! This if anything would seriously put me off that particular religion. As Christians/ or any other religion love is the centre to most. This to me is not showing love as a christian. It is not following in Christs example.

I read that as an accusation that we are not being Christ like (inflammatory) in asking for verification of Nutshells sincerity. Anyhow I will definaltly leave this now and I am not going to check your response I commit it to the rightoeus judgement of Jesus Christ who sees all things and knows the hearts and intents of men.

Dream Angel

You wrote:
Asking for verification that the fact they are thinking of converting is true! This if anything would seriously put me off that particular religion. As Christians/ or any other religion love is the centre to most. This to me is not showing love as a christian. It is not following in Christs example.

I read that as an accusation that we are not being Christ like (inflammatory) in asking for verification of Nutshells sincerity. Anyhow I will definaltly leave this now and I am not going to check your response I commit it to the rightoeus judgement of Jesus Christ who sees all things and knows the hearts and intents of men.

Oh I give up its like talking to a brick wall! :thud:

DeepShadow

White Crow
You know very well I went to the LDS section, got converted and noone got kicked out because I wanted them to talk to me.

...was SR really banned because of the proselyting rule? I hope not. Maybe I didn't see everything, but I didn't see SR doing anything that the LDS and plenty others haven't done before.

Nutshell asked for spiritual guidance, on a religious forum. Anything that follows is going to be slightly protractic. I'd hope that the moderators are aware when such things are invited.

Popeyesays

There are TWO kinds of conversion, after all:

1) Within the person's heart, and no one ever really needs to be aware of it

2) Formally acknowledged by the religion in question.

The first is conviction and no one judges that, the second is proclamation and the religious entity has a voice in accepting or not.

regards,
Scott