• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it so hard to accept people wish to convert?

wonderingsoul

I never have any problems with what religion people are, even If I don't agree with what they believe in, I have no right to tell them there wrong. I was raised Christian but recently have been reading about Buddhism and find that I can relate to a lot it. Doesn't mean that I don't agree with Christianity but I keep an open mind with all religions and what I can learn from it. For me personally I could never rub my belief into someone's face cause I'd feel like a hypercritic when I don't really practice Christian ways like going to church and stuff. But I believe whole heartly what the religion stands for. What I can't stand is, when certain people I won't say what group or organization it is, I don't want to offend anyone here, but they come to my house, practically forcing me to sit down with them and listen to what they have to say. Which I did the first time, but when my family nicely tells them, well we appreciate you sharing your words with us, it sounds like a nice faith..etc but we ask them to please not come back, yet they do, again...again....and again...I was ready to call the cops to be honest. But I never take those certain people and think that the whole group is like, cause I know not everyone is the same.

I think if someone wanted to ask me about whatever I believe in I'd tell them, only if they asked, I never could pull someone aside and say HEY this is what I believe in, you should to. The whole point in someone asking about what the religion is about is because someone about that religion got there interest. I would think it would be sad if someone just turned them away, I would happy if someone believed in the same thing as I did, but not everyone does and that's okay. It would be a boring world if everyone believed in the same thing ;)

And I'm new so I don't know but can someone explain to me what proselyting means?

Dream Angel

I never have any problems with what religion people are, even If I don't agree with what they believe in, I have no right to tell them there wrong. I was raised Christian but recently have been reading about Buddhism and find that I can relate to a lot it. Doesn't mean that I don't agree with Christianity but I keep an open mind with all religions and what I can learn from it. For me personally I could never rub my belief into someone's face cause I'd feel like a hypercritic when I don't really practice Christian ways like going to church and stuff. But I believe whole heartly what the religion stands for. What I can't stand is, when certain people I won't say what group or organization it is, I don't want to offend anyone here, but they come to my house, practically forcing me to sit down with them and listen to what they have to say. Which I did the first time, but when my family nicely tells them, well we appreciate you sharing your words with us, it sounds like a nice faith..etc but we ask them to please not come back, yet they do, again...again....and again...I was ready to call the cops to be honest. But I never take those certain people and think that the whole group is like, cause I know not everyone is the same.

I think if someone wanted to ask me about whatever I believe in I'd tell them, only if they asked, I never could pull someone aside and say HEY this is what I believe in, you should to. The whole point in someone asking about what the religion is about is because someone about that religion got there interest. I would think it would be sad if someone just turned them away, I would happy if someone believed in the same thing as I did, but not everyone does and that's okay. It would be a boring world if everyone believed in the same thing ;)

And I'm new so I don't know but can someone explain to me what proselyting means?

Its when you push your religion on someone else - basically selling your religion. There is a fine line though between if they want to hear about your religion and if they dont but you tell them how wonderful it is, and how its the only way etc etc etc and theres (if they have one) is wrong.

Im sure someone has a much more better answer than that though! :)

Welcome to the forums!