• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Yeah I'm going to have to disbelieve that unless you can demonstrate something beyond your bare unevidenced assertion?
Proto-man was just one of many animal species fighting for survival over the millennia. If his brain could evolve through processes of natural selection, then why did the brains of other creatures not similarly evolve - at least a little? The fact is that the brains of other creatures have remained practically the same while Man’s has “evolved”. By the law of averages - which applies to natural selection as much as to anything else - there should have been at least some species other than man evolving in intelligence at least partway to the human level.

There is none.
So what has taken place?

We are left with the explanation: Deliberate Cause
And this implies an Isolate Consciousness working through our physical being (brain/body), a Soul/Psyche separate from the objective universe and its physical laws and limitations.

The Double-Slit Experiment
When you watch a particle go through the holes, it behaves like a bullet, passing through one slit or the other. But if no one observes the particle, it exhibits the behavior of a wave and can pass through both slits at the same time. This and other experiments tell us that unobserved particles exist only as "waves of probability" as the great Nobel laureate Max Born demonstrated in 1926. They're statistical predictions — nothing but a likely outcome. Until observed, they have no real existence; only when the mind sets the scaffolding in place, can they be thought of as having duration or a position in space. Experiments make it increasingly clear that even mere knowledge in the experimenter's mind is sufficient to convert possibility to reality.

Robert Lanza, a leading scientist in neurogenerative medicine, agrees that life does not end when the body dies. Lanza suggests that complex phenomenon like dreams, imagination and memory indicate a vital life force, which exists independent of the body. He says that research suggests that a part of the mind – the soul – is immortal and exists outside of space and time.

Today, Max Tegmark, a theoretical physicist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, sets out the fundamental problems that this new way of thinking raises. He shows how these problems can be formulated in terms of quantum mechanics and information theory. And he explains how thinking about consciousness in this way leads to precise questions about the nature of reality that the scientific process of experiment might help to tease apart.

Tegmark’s approach is to think of consciousness as a state of matter, like a solid, a liquid or a gas. “I conjecture that consciousness can be understood as yet another state of matter. Just as there are many types of liquids, there are many types of consciousness,” he says. He goes on to show how the particular properties of consciousness might arise from the physical laws that govern our universe. And he explains how these properties allow physicists to reason about the conditions under which consciousness arises and how we might exploit it to better understand why the world around us appears as it does.

DNB

Christian
That was the definition of spiritualism, if you didn't notice that. Below that the noun spiritualist is said to mean "someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead".

Another definition:

spiritualist
[ˈspɪrɪtʃ(ʊ)əlɪst, ˈspɪrɪtjʊəlɪst]
NOUN
  1. a person who believes that the spirits of the dead can communicate with living people.
    "he became an ardent spiritualist, attending seances and insisting on their authenticity"
  2. philosophy
    an advocate of the doctrine that the spirit exists as distinct from matter, or that spirit is the only reality.
    "a non-denominational spiritualist"
Either way, I am none of the above.

Now here is the definition of "Spiritual" which is apart of my profile:

spiritual
[ˈspɪrɪtʃʊəl, ˈspɪrɪtjʊəl]
ADJECTIVE
  1. relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
    "I'm responsible for his spiritual welfare"
    synonyms:
    non-material · inner · psychic · psychical · psychological · incorporeal ·
    [more]
  2. relating to religion or religious belief.
    "the country's spiritual leader"
    synonyms:
    religious · sacred · divine · holy · non-secular · church · churchly · ecclesiastic · devotional
This is more accurate to what I am exploring. I am not committed to any.

Now when it comes to using the physical realm to access the spiritual, such as with sex, see the below:

Kama Sutra: Insights on Sex and Spirituality – The Chopra Foundation
Tantra: Sex and Spirituality - Somananda.org

And, as usual, you aren't actually properly replying to most of my points, which is very revealing in itself.
ok Sherlock!

DNB

Christian
noun
  1. physical injury, especially that which is deliberately inflicted.
For the sake of clarity I would consider severe emotional distress inflicted deliberately on someone just because of who they are, to be a pernicious act.

No one is advoating homsexuality, it exists and is a perfectly natural variant of adult human sexual desire, and it harms no one.

I think you ought to look up licentious, but homosexuality is a type of adult sexual desire, thus it is no more licentious than heterosexuality or bisexuality. If it were odious people would not find their own gender attractive, thus you mean you find it odious, so what? I find many things odious, many of your posts for example, but would not deny others the right to a belief or to express it, or an action or practice on that basis alone, as that would be an absurd piece of bigotry.

People like me? You know precisely nothing about me until I tell you, so that is a typically asinine piece of bigoted hyperbole. FWIW I have never fathered a child, or had an STD, and I happen to have been born a heterosexual, and so I had no more say in that than gay people have over who they find sexually attractive, so your ignorant bigotry is very wide of the mark. The difference between us is not that I am less moral than you, though we clearly have very different and equally subjective views on what is moral. The difference is that unlike you, I don't tell others how to live their lives based on my own sexual proclivities. If you think homophobic bigotry is in any way respectful or decent, then that is very edifying. Your ad hominem yet again speaks for itself, especially since you are making things up and simply assigning them to me.

What sentiments, what warnings? All you have espoused is intolerance and bigotry, and sexual repression that you want to dictate and force onto others. No one is obliged to live their lives according to how you think they should, and given how intolerant you are that is indeed a blessing.
Stay away from deviant sex Sheldon, and quit endorsing it, it makes you appear subversive and ignorant.
People have changed their preferences many times through their lifetime, so don't speak about born-that-way.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Stay away from deviant sex Sheldon, and quit endorsing it, it makes you appear subversive and ignorant.
People have changed their preferences many times through their lifetime, so don't speak about born-that-way.

Stay away from delusional religions,DNB, and quit endorsing them, it makes you appear stupid and ignorant. '

DNB

Christian
Stay away from delusional religions,DNB, and quit endorsing them, it makes you appear stupid and ignorant. '
You also MTD, try to open your eyes and transcend the superficial, for your shallowness and oblivion is not an appearance anymore, it is now an axiomatic fact.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You also MTD, try to open your eyes and transcend the superficial, for your shallowness and oblivion is not an appearance anymore, it is now an axiomatic fact.

It still works in both directions. We are both using different subjective POV, yet I believe it is the case in both cases. And you believe differently. That is all.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is normal to want to watch p-graphy.
However, it is not normal to watch p-graphy.
Well, young people will do that. Older people get tired of it. Does not result in any benefit. It is a waste of time. There are better things to do - exercise for example.

DNB

Christian
It still works in both directions. We are both using different subjective POV, yet I believe it is the case in both cases. And you believe differently. That is all.
It's not subjective, it's either a perversion or not, and has invariable repercussions or not. Like I said, open your eyes and start to perceive the degradation and corruption of many things that appear to be (only to some) benign and inconsequential.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It's not subjective, it's either a perversion or not, and has invariable repercussions or not. Like I said, open your eyes and start to perceive the degradation and corruption of many things that appear to be (only to some) benign and inconsequential.

I don't know what to say. We are too far in worldviews. Take care.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Proto-man was just one of many animal species fighting for survival over the millennia. If his brain could evolve through processes of natural selection, then why did the brains of other creatures not similarly evolve - at least a little? The fact is that the brains of other creatures have remained practically the same while Man’s has “evolved”. By the law of averages - which applies to natural selection as much as to anything else - there should have been at least some species other than man evolving in intelligence at least partway to the human level.

There is none.
So what has taken place?

We are left with the explanation: Deliberate Cause

All you have done is create a god of the gaps polemic using an argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy. There is no objective evidence for a creator deity, none. You have also provided none for your claim that human consciousness can exist after the death of the physical brain, and in every single example we have consciousness disappears with the death of that physical brain.