• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it Possible to Love without Jealousy, Possessiveness, Suspicion, Fear, etc?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Well, I didn't actually marry my right hand, but I think I've come darn close to your ideal.

I suggest you get a ring on that finger, stat. A partner like that comes along once in a lifetime. Make sure you put lotion and kleenex on your wedding registry.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I believe many relationships think of marriage as ownership. Think about it, men tend to control deeds and titles to what they own and can access them at any given moment knowing exactly where they are. Who keeps the marriage license in a relationship?

I believe jealousy and possesiveness is a sign of insecurity. Myself, I don't worry about such things, it's silly. Control is another issue however. My wife did not want me to retire. I don't control her career or where she travels to with her job. After all these years it was a bump in the road. She has yet to come and see the retirement home I am building. She had a cow when I sold my cattle but chilled when the money went into OUR account.

We agree on most everything but retirement is not one of them. We could not be futher apart because she is too young to retire and is really involved with her career. I'm fine with what she decides for herself, but she is resistant to make it a two way street.

Our age difference was never an issue until now.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Aravis also had many quarrels (and, I'm afraid, even fights) with Cor, but they always made it up again: so that years later, when they were grown up, they were so used to quarrelling and making it up again that they got married so as to go on doing it more conveniently."
- C. S. Lews' The Horse and his Boy

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I hope you didn't sell that one too!
LOL, she said, "Rick where are the cows?" I told her I was no longer interested in tending to them. It's not like she ever fed them in Winter. It was totally my decision just like if she chooses to change jobs or quit all together. It is her call to make.

She loves our home and will never move most likely. All her stuff would never fit in the cottage I have built. There is a walkin closet I keep empty just in case.

I kind of like the arrangement however. She runs the home to the very last detail and everything is so so. I have my off grid man cave. She travels during the week and I come home when she returns. The house looks exactly like she left it. She does like that and I don't have to worry about any issues in that reguard. I'm at home as much as she is.

Patrick22

Yes! I trust it is impossible to love with jealousy. When we experience jealousy with our loved one we are not 'in love'. We have stepped out for a stint with perception. Jealousy is fear. Trust is the active ingredient in love, true love. And love is not a possession. Love is not something you can have. It is intangeable. Love is like breathing, it is the perpetual process of regenerative trust. And love is not dependant nor conditional. Love is life. Love is truth. All else is missing the mark. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
A generic nod to the range of strong emotions healthy human beings experience during the course of their lives.

I suppose that's technically likely to be correct, Dan, in the sense that a healthy person is likely to at one point or another in their lifetime have experienced every human emotion. Very lawyerly.

I'll leave you to your "healthy" life of suspicion, possessiveness, fear, jealousy, and so forth. Sounds wonderful.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yes! I trust it is impossible to love with jealousy. When we experience jealousy with our loved one we are not 'in love'. We have stepped out for a stint with perception. Jealousy is fear. Trust is the active ingredient in love, true love. And love is not a possession. Love is not something you can have. It is intangeable. Love is like breathing, it is the perpetual process of regenerative trust. And love is not dependant nor conditional. Love is life. Love is truth. All else is missing the mark. :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I'll leave you to your "healthy" life of suspicion, possessiveness, fear, jealousy, and so forth. Sounds wonderful.
I think it is the other way around since I am not the one who implies that this is what being in a loving relationship entail. I am just trying to make you guys feel better. And since no guru hodgepodge can redeem pathological patterns I am simply offering a more sober approach: Understand human emotions.