• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it important to know, when humans started believing in God?

Sargonski

These times might be up for debate but you get the drift.

Isn't it a coincidence that humans only started to believe in 'God' when we our brains reached a certain size for intelligence and consciousness, something like 50,000 years a go.

Humans had been around for a long, long time before that.

So why didn't we believe in God then?

Did humans make God up themselves?

Humans have always believed in God .. least since the time they could ask themselves "where did I come from" and expecially in the case of the first hybrids .. The sky people making worker drones by genetic mixing of themselves with some early proto hominid creature that they found here... Those Humans have always looked upon the sky people - their creator -- as Gods .. so .. for as long as that species has existed pretty much .. :)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Quintessence,

I know I'm the new guy and this reply is not to me but I am confused. You don't like science?
I think you misunderstand, and that's okay - I have a strong background in science and once worked as a career scientist (life sciences, specifically). It's one of the major loves of my life and today I work in higher education where a significant component of my job is science advocacy. What I don't like scientism - the ideology that "science" is the one and only true truth, way to acquire knowledge, and measure of worth. It's an ironically unscientific take on science that overlooks its philosophical underpinnings and limitations as a way of knowing. It unnecessarily downplays other ways of knowing - the ones that we humans tend to use for the vast majority of our day to day lives (e.g., inductive and deductive reasoning) - as well.

The sciences are an answer. Very good and interesting ones, at that (or at least I think so).

The sciences are not the answer.

Madsaac

Humans have always believed in God .. least since the time they could ask themselves "where did I come from" and expecially in the case of the first hybrids .. The sky people making worker drones by genetic mixing of themselves with some early proto hominid creature that they found here... Those Humans have always looked upon the sky people - their creator -- as Gods .. so .. for as long as that species has existed pretty much .. :)

Interesting.

Could I please ask a few questions?

What are first hybrids?
What are sky people?
What are worker drones?
What are proto hominid creature?
And how did sky people mix genetics to make worker drones?

Are you serious?

Last edited:
I think you misunderstand, and that's okay - I have a strong background in science and once worked as a career scientist (life sciences, specifically). It's one of the major loves of my life and today I work in higher education where a significant component of my job is science advocacy. What I don't like scientism - the ideology that "science" is the one and only true truth, way to acquire knowledge, and measure of worth. It's an ironically unscientific take on science that overlooks its philosophical underpinnings and limitations as a way of knowing. It unnecessarily downplays other ways of knowing - the ones that we humans tend to use for the vast majority of our day to day lives (e.g., inductive and deductive reasoning) - as well.

The sciences are an answer. Very good and interesting ones, at that (or at least I think so).

The sciences are not the answer.
Hah, Bet!

Yeah, I do probably rank Science pretty high. There are lots of other methods though. (Sherlock Holmes fan?)

I hope all is well.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Interesting.

What are first hybrids?
The only hybrids I know of are the result of neanderthal and homosapiens breeding.
What are sky people?
Sky people? I know of none.
What are worker drones?
female bees who are unable to lay eggs, who live only to serve the hive with their work, these are called worker bees. Drones are male bees, who only live long enough to mate with the queen and then die.
The same thing as the family known as Homidae, which include all species of genus homo (man) as well as other great apes, both past and present. If you are asking about which is the oldest known of genus homo, that would be Homo Habilis -- this species is so transitional that scientists debated whether to classify it as Homo, or to give it its own genus, as they had done with the australopithecines.
I have no idea what you are talking about. There is no such thing as human worker drones, despite what rich people commonly assume.

Last edited:

Madsaac

The only hybrids I know of are the result of neanderthal and homosapiens breeding.

Sky people? I know of none.

female bees who are unable to lay eggs, who live only to serve the hive with their work.

The same thing as the family known as Homidae, which include all species of genus homo (man) as well as other great apes, both past and present. If you are asking about which is the oldest known of genus homo, that would be Homo Habilis -- this species is so transitional that scientists debated whether to classify it as Homo, or to give it its own genus, as they had done with the australopithecines.

I have no idea what you are talking about. There is no such thing as human worker drones, despite what rich people commonly assume.

Appreciate the input.

I wonder what Sargonski says

IndigoChild5559

Melanesians? (Denisovan) There are some others I can't recall right now.

I hope all is well.
Aren't Melanesians simply the human inhabitants of Melanesia, in an area stretching from New Guinea to the Fiji Island???

Denisovans are also another hominid species that interbred with homo sapiens.

Bear Wild

That clarifies a bit, thanks.

Considering deification is the process of assigning deep value to something we experience in the world and telling stories about, as far as we know that value-assigning and meaning-making is endemic to the human species just in general. It's always been a thing humans do as it is part of their essential nature. To me the more interesting question is to wonder what other species also do this value-assigning and meaning-making. Humans are bad at communication with other-than-human peoples so we really just don't know. I highly doubt value-assigning and meaning-making is unique to humans. Ritual behavior and complex emotions have definitely been observed in other animals but the communications barrier kind of prevents us from digging deeper into it. Lack of definitive evidence aside, I would absolutely bet money that deification is present in other non-human animals as well.
Thank you for presenting this. James Harrod made a case for this in 2014. It is not surprising at all that the scientific community has not been persuaded this argument event though they provide supportive studies for most evolutionary topic's spirituality seems to start and stop with humans alone when it comes to topics of emotion or worse yet spirituality or religion. From what I have learned from biology and evolution is that is highly unlikely not to be present in other species. I have heard and read scientist who deny emotions, consciousness and certainty spirituality. There is no reason to believe that religion has not always been an aspect of humans.

https://www.religiousforums.com/dat...11/39648_9359ffe995f4fe3b70a509bdf7a5674f.pdf

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

****ing what nonsense is this?

LMFAO

Sargonski

Interesting.

What are first hybrids?
What are sky people?
What are worker drones?

Are you serious?

Excellent Questions ... and very serious .. but, hopefully entertaining as well .. for this is not my story ... but the story that everyone had for at least 3000 years .. such that if you asked these folks .. where they figured they came from .. this is the story they would tell you.

Sky people come -- needed gold for their atmosphere --- were the Annunaki .. high ones .. and Lesser Gods .. doing the labor .. which they found hard .. and brought their concerns to Enlil .. head over them and Son of the high God Anu .. Enki being the other son who comes in later.

Enlil brings the concerns before the council .. and was Enki -- great scientist who had the idea of creating a worker drone .. that drone consisting of the "Adamu" - primative Earth Creature .. cross bred with the Annunaki .. the process described in detail .. 14 annunaki women impregnated with the hybrid seed .. 7 male and 7 female .. these were the first hybrids .. and where the "Like US .. In our Image" in the Bible comes from ... the above being the story the Israelites believed from start to finish .. Abe as well .. his High God being Enlil .. and for a thousand years prior to Abe... this is what everyone believed.

Madsaac

Excellent Questions ... and very serious .. but, hopefully entertaining as well .. for this is not my story ... but the story that everyone had for at least 3000 years .. such that if you asked these folks .. where they figured they came from .. this is the story they would tell you.

Sky people come -- needed gold for their atmosphere --- were the Annunaki .. high ones .. and Lesser Gods .. doing the labor .. which they found hard .. and brought their concerns to Enlil .. head over them and Son of the high God Anu .. Enki being the other son who comes in later.

Enlil brings the concerns before the council .. and was Enki -- great scientist who had the idea of creating a worker drone .. that drone consisting of the "Adamu" - primative Earth Creature .. cross bred with the Annunaki .. the process described in detail .. 14 annunaki women impregnated with the hybrid seed .. 7 male and 7 female .. these were the first hybrids .. and where the "Like US .. In our Image" in the Bible comes from ... the above being the story the Israelites believed from start to finish .. Abe as well .. his High God being Enlil .. and for a thousand years prior to Abe... this is what everyone believed.

I'm curious.

Is this some type of mythology? Some type of 'creation' story? And who believes in it?

There may be artificially created human-animal hybrids, which could be used for scientific research.

Firenze

Premium Member
What I've glean from Anthropology over the decades:

The origin of god concepts derived from dreams.

There you are, in your cave. Your leader dies, leaving you now in charge. Some time later, you have a dream where you see the leader, and he is angry because you have not felled a mastodon in weeks and your people suffer. You tell the tribe about this 'vision', and they all relate because they have dreams as well and have seen .... and spoken to! .... dead relatives. Thus was born the first Ghost, which evolves into a Spirit, and then a God. And it only takes that one tribe member, the one that is too weak to hunt - but smart enough to claim that he - and only he - can tell you what the Ghosts/Spirits/Gods require.

Sargonski

I'm curious.

Is this some type of mythology? Some type of 'creation' story? And who believes in it?

There may be artificially created human-animal hybrids, which could be used for scientific research.

1) yes 2) Yes -- this is the creation story of --- and this is the part that is not sinking in yet ---- EVERYONE in the entire civilized known world -- prior to ~ 500 BC.

OK ? .. So If I walk up to some farmer tilling his field in 1500 BC in Tyre .. and ask him to tell me his creation story .... That is what he tells me .. sky people came down (Gods) -- needed Gold for their planet -- created worker drone and so on... except the story in much greater detail .. right - wrong - or otherwise.

It matters not what you think .. what I think .. what science says because this is about what this fellow believed. .. and that is what he believed ---and what's more .. what everybody else believed . and that they had had this believe for 3000 years..

and whats more .. don't have to listen to this farmer .. don't have to listen to me .. because you can read it for yourself in the "Atra Hasis" story.. that we have in different variations .. and the Enuma Elish .. Some of the first written poetry that we are aware of.

and yes ... if true that means that you are the offspring ofd artificially created (not animal human) but, Alien Human hybrid. more like Hominid - Annunaki hybrid. .. or Earthling-God if that tickles your fancy.

If of course you believe these stories .. but that is not really the point you should be grappling with.

THE POINT - is where these folks got these stories to begin with .. as they say there is normally some grains of truth in myth.

and of course we know what "Ancient Alien Theorists would suggest" .. but never mind them .. what do you suggest ?

IndigoChild5559

Now you know from where the creation and Noah's flood idea was taken..;)
Maybe I missed something. I even scrolled back a tad to see if I could find an earlier post from you. But I can find no context for this remark. Just where do you think the creation stories and flood legend came from? If you say, they evolved from earlier Sumerian stories, then I agree. But so far, I have no idea what your position is.

Ajax

Maybe I missed something. I even scrolled back a tad to see if I could find an earlier post from you. But I can find no context for this remark. Just where do you think the creation stories and flood legend came from? If you say, they evolved from earlier Sumerian stories, then I agree. But so far, I have no idea what your position is.
Yes, of course they were evolved (more likely copied) from the Sumerians... In the Sumerian myths Gods created humans by shaping clay figurines, then all gods, in turn, spit upon the clay. As far as the flood is concerned, the hero Atrahasis, is forewarned that the mankind will be destroyed by flood. He is told to dismantle his house and build a boat to escape. Furthermore, this boat is to have a roof, to have upper and lower decks and to be sealed with bitumen, just like Noah did. Atrahasis boards the boat with his family and animals, then seals the door and the storm and flood begin. After seven days, the flood ends and Atrahasis offers sacrifices to the gods.