• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it correct “Allah means mother or goddess and mother goddess” in Hinduism”?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Like @Vinayaka guided me to a site that mentions:
"Nine Beliefs of Hinduism
  1. I believe in the divinity of the Vedas
  2. I believe in a one, all-pervasive Supreme Being
  3. I believe that the universe undergoes endless cycles of creation
  4. I believe in karma
  5. I believe that the soul reincarnates,
  6. I believe that divine beings exist in unseen worlds
  7. I believe that a spiritually awakened master, or satguru
  8. I believe that all life is sacred,
  9. I believe that no particular religion teaches the only way to salvation above all others"
I just give above the Hinduism beliefs mentioned in bold on the site
http://www.neelkanthdhaam.org/nbh.html

On truth, the differences are just misunderstandings and with peace dialogue these misunderstandings could be removed.
OK, then if I understand, it's misunderstandings rather than misgivings? Misgivings means a feeling of doubt about something : a feeling that something might not be right or might not work as planned (Merriam-Webster). I'm not criticizing your English, I just wanted to clarify. :)

misunderstand (v.)
c. 1200; see mis- (1) + understand. Related: Misunderstood; misunderstanding.
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=misunderstand

misgiving (n.)
c. 1600, "feeling of mistrust or sudden apprehension," verbal noun from misgive "cause to feel doubt" (1510s), usually said of one's heart or mind, frommis- (1) + give (v.) in its secondary Middle English sense of "suggest." Related: Misgivings.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=misgiving
I agree with you, and I have corrected my post accordingly. Thanks for pointing it out.
So , earlier it were misunderstandings that when persisted turned into misgivings.

Now we have to turn the wheel of the ship back in time. May our sailing in time be blessed by Brahman/Brahma/Waheguru!.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@Vinayaka guided me to a site that mentions:
"Nine Beliefs of Hinduism
  1. I believe in the divinity of the Vedas
Errors, omissions,corruptions of narrators/scribes/clergy excepted, Vedas' claim, if it claim it internally and give reasonable evidence and argument, that it is from Brahman/Brahma/Waheguru/Tao/Rahman is acceptable to me. Right?
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What 'business' means in this sense, paarsurrey is that it is your affairs or activities as an individual and your choice only. So another common expression is 'what I do (eat, how I sleep, disciplining children, etc.) is my business, not yours. So what Luis is saying is that every individual has the right to belief, and goes to say that other people have no right to advise, tell, or otherwise say how another person should believe. It does not mean 'business' in the usual sense of what business means.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What 'business' means in this sense, paarsurrey is that it is your affairs or activities as an individual and your choice only. So another common expression is 'what I do (eat, how I sleep, disciplining children, etc.) is my business, not yours. So what Luis is saying is that every individual has the right to belief, and goes to say that other people have no right to advise, tell, or otherwise say how another person should believe. It dose not mean 'business' in the usual sense of what business means.
Thanks for explaining it.
One is given life in this world only once. We everyone of us has to find Truth in our life. One doesn't know when one would die. So, I am on the truthful path, but want to find still more truth. Truth is absolute and is beyond time and space. One of my good friends used to say that many a time Truth come to one from a place one seldom expected.to come from.
So, one should keep on travelling on the Highway of Truth. Right? Please
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Regards

Of course, but you and I are on different 'truth' highways. I don't believe we are given life only once, for example. Hindus believe in reincarnation, remember?

Each has a destination that is satisfactory for each of us. We're both happy, right?

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Thanks for explaining it.
Same here. And he was correct, too: you are entitled to your beliefs, and far as I care, no one else has any reason to even want to say anything about them until and unless those beliefs begin to interfere in other people's lives (which may happen).

One is given life in this world only once. We everyone of us has to find Truth in our life.
Truth is a word that many Muslims seem to value a lot and to associate with the Qur'an. Sometimes I wonder which meanings and nuances are implied by that word when you use it. Time and again I feel like you have a specific idea in mind and for some reason do not want to spell it out. Probably because it has just been detailed or because you expect me to have a fairly functional notion already. I wonder if that relates to the exact origin and meanings of the word "kuffar", that by my current understanding sort of means at once both "liar" and "unbeliever".

The obvious guess is that many or most Muslims truly believe that we are all born with awareness of the truth of the Qur'an message and that, given proper incentive and/or presented with adequate evidence, we just might decide to recite the Shahada.

Believing that of the average Muslim is a dangerous yet tempting step to take. I would rather avoid it, for it does not work to the benefit of anyone. But it can be very difficult, at least when we are talking about beliefs. There are times when I have to wonder if a Muslim is even allowed to accept that non-Muslims can be truly at peace.

One doesn't know when one would die. So, I am on the truthful path, but want to find still more truth. Truth is absolute and is beyond time and space. One of my good friends used to say that many a time Truth come to one from a place one seldom expected.to come from.
Regards

Here you are entering in terrain that is perhaps considerably more personal than you realize. Religious truth is by necessity very personal. Not everyone will or even can eventually decide that our existential doubts will be remedied if we only open our hearts to the redeeming news that God exists, assures us of His sovereign peace, and gifted us the Qur'an and Muhammad's wisdom.

That is just not a reasonable expectation for anyone to have.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I feel like you have a specific idea in mind and for some reason do not want to spell it out
To know it exactly will require a lot of patience, but let us have a start as one has asked about it:
The Holy Quran : Chapter 3: Aal-e-`Imran آل عِمرَان
[3:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[3:2] Alif Lam Mim.
[3:3] Allah is He beside Whom there is no God, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining.
[3:4] He has sent down to thee the Book containing the truth and fulfilling that which precedes it; and He sent down the Torah and the Gospel
[3:5] Before this, as a guidance to the people; and He has sent down the Discrimination. Surely, those who deny the Signs of Allah shall have a severe punishment. And Allah is Mighty, Possessor of the power to requite.
[3:6] Surely, nothing in the earth or in the heaven is hidden from Allah.
[3:7] He it is Who fashions you in the wombs as He wills; there is no God but He, the Mighty, the Wise.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=3&verse=0
This is perhaps the first verse in Quran which uses the word al-haqq translated as truth. One could ascertain its meaning from the sentence/verse it has been used in and the context verses and the attributes of G-d in the context.
One aspect of the truth is given above.
Regards

3d2e1f

LuisDantas said:
Same here..et al..

Had to ask after seeing so many of your long posts that obviously should be taking a lot of time to conceive, put thought to keyboard before pressing "post reply". The other guy ends up posting repetitive one or two liners of his own before linking to an Ahmadi website or copy pasting from there.

Is it worth it?

The guy you are responding to is what other forums would easily classify as a troll who insists on Buddhists/Hindus/Christians abiding by his own limited scriptural understanding of things.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Had to ask after seeing so many of your long posts that obviously should be taking a lot of time to conceive, put thought to keyboard before pressing "post reply". The other guy ends up posting repetitive one or two liners of his own before linking to an Ahmadi website or copy pasting from there.

Is it worth it?

The guy you are responding to is what other forums would easily classify as a troll who insists on Buddhists/Hindus/Christians abiding by his own limited scriptural understanding of things.
It seems to me that it paid itself somewhat already. If nothing else, we all will be that much better informed about each other's perspectives.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Of course, but you and I are on different 'truth' highways. I don't believe we are given life only once, for example. Hindus believe in reincarnation, remember?
Each has a destination that is satisfactory for each of us. We're both happy, right?
Never-mind. You must stick to your belief if it is reasonable.
We Muslims don't believe in reincarnation. We see it as one progresses spiritually from stage to stage, within one's single life span, one changes different forms, like to start with one copies others like a monkey sort of mimicry never understanding what one is doing. When one reaches a stage sort of one progresses from a monkey to a person who sees the wisdom behind also, so one has become a mature human being now from a monkey. In between on could resemble other animals spiritually. Like if one is greedy one is like a dog, so on and so forth. This is with the Sufis in Islam. But Muslims don't believe in re-incarnation in general as it has no basis in Quran. But Hinduism people may go on with their beliefs unabated, it is their own life, they could spend it as they want, no compulsion whatsoever.
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Never-mind. You must stick to your belief if it is reasonable.
But Hinduism people may go on with their beliefs unabated, it is their own life, they could spend it as they want, no compulsion whatsoever.
Regards

Thank you for this, Paasurrey. It shows wonderful humanity in you.

von bek

This interests me. Is this a view that you have come to as a personal understanding, or does it represent the opinion of an established Islamic tradition? Not that it matters in regards to what you believe, simply curious if there is an Islamic tradition that teaches rebirth.