• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Islam Responsible for the Charlie Hebdo Murders?

Was Charlie Hebdo a target because of Islamic ideology?

• Yes

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

leibowde84

Veteran Member
There was nothing to address,

How can one address a false and incorrect pretext?

You tell me please...

Some people mine as well be speaking a foreign language, it does not flow into me and is hard to comprehend.

Please try to be more like music.

*and "Socratic"
You've got to be civil on this site. You cannot just ignore arguments that you disagree with. If you think his pretext his wrong, prove that it is and show him that he is wrong. If not, you shouldn't be part of a discussion forum. I'm sorry, but we all have the responsibility to be respectful on this site.

I was just pointing out that it is a logical impossibility for Darwinism to be the same as Communism or Islamic extremism. Two are political ideologies, but darwinism is merely a scientific hypothesis that eventually led to the scientific theory of evolution.

There is no illogical improbability,

the 4 are one and the same exactly, in practice and philosophically.

(Darwinism-Atheism-Marxism-Communism)

Atheism like Radical Islam is dangerous. (prepared to kill and godless/non-believers who do not value life as "sacred")

*you are wasting the taxpayers dollars on this case Sir

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Atheism like Radical Islam is dangerous. (prepared to kill and godless/non-believers who do not value life as "sacred")

"Atheism like Radical Islam is dangerous. (prepared to kill and godless/non-believers who do not value life as "sacred")."

- Can you explain this please?! You have not proved that Atheism is "prepared to kill" or that it does not value life as "sacred?" That seems crazy to me, but I am all ears if you have some kind of proof.

But, you did not address my comment yet again. You are saying that a political ideology is the same as a scientific hypothesis. You are comparing apples and oranges, in that they are completely different things.

Yep. And some might as well have their ears painted on for all that they are interested in listening and conversing.

False and incorrect pretext, huh?

Am I a social darwinist?
Am I a communist?
Am i a marxist?

Which thing is it about myself that you are so clearly aware, and I am not?

Is this too confusing to request a simple and honest answer?

The very first step to overcoming any obstacle in life is acceptance and admission of ones lack of understanding or knowledge of any given subject or obstacle that they are trying to overcome.

The same can be said for substance abuse and even theism.

In Religion one has to accept that they are a sinner and have sinned before God can help them.

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member

I mean, I know tons of atheists and not one of them are violent, and every one of them values human life ... so, I'm confused, as my experience seems to contradict your assumptions. Also, it is always wrong to group every member of any group as having the same ideology. It is foolish to do so.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
The very first step to overcoming any obstacle in life is acceptance and admission of ones lack of understanding or knowledge of any given subject.

The same can be said for substance abuse and even theism.

In Religion one has to accept that they are a sinner and have sinned before God can help them.
But, with religion, you also make the GIGANTIC ASSUMPTION that God exists and is good. I share that BELIEF, but it certainly isn't fact. It is faith ... or a strongly held assumption.

"Atheism like Radical Islam is dangerous. (prepared to kill and godless/non-believers who do not value life as "sacred")."

- Can you explain this please?! You have not proved that Atheism is "prepared to kill" or that it does not value life as "sacred?" That seems crazy to me, but I am all ears if you have some kind of proof.

But, you did not address my comment yet again. You are saying that a political ideology is the same as a scientific hypothesis. You are comparing apples and oranges, in that they are completely different things.

The evidence is before you...

Don't make me draft a spreadsheet or Excel document please :)

How much more of the taxpayers time and money are we going to waste before we can close this case with understanding, and from practicing blind justice as a religion, it makes no distinction between the two based on their actions? (Atheism and Radical Islam)

Last edited:
But, with religion, you also make the GIGANTIC ASSUMPTION that God exists and is good. I share that BELIEF, but it certainly isn't fact. It is faith ... or a strongly held assumption.

**ALL RISE FOR THE HONORABLE E.T.**

|
|
|
|

/Dismissed

*hammer of Justice crushes all!

Last edited:

Theweirdtophat

We can agree that the deaths were unnecessary; but of course the fact the Holocaust is more recent makes it more important. There aren't any living witnesses to the Crusades but there are still a few to the Holocaust and the horrors of Nazism. We don't treat or view Turkey like the Ottoman Empire, do we? Nations don't make policy informed by events that happened, say, 500 years ago; they make policy informed by events which happened more recently because the effects of those events are much more relevant than the effects of, say, the Crusades. Why on earth would a nation enact a law based on events that happened 800 years ago as opposed to 70?

The only countries I can think of where Muslims face violent persecution from non-Muslims because they're Muslims is in Burma and in the Central African Republic. In most other places it's Muslims doing it to each other because they're the wrong kind of Muslim. But religious minorities are persecuted in quite a few Muslim countries to the point where their religions are more or less illegal. So no, Muslims, on the whole, do not face anything like the same kind of persecution their religions inflict on others.

Well Israel does the same to them as they have been known to treat them rather harshly. But then, there's quite a few of them that are Zionists and are intolerant to non Jews, even certain types of Jews. It is more than just those countries. I can understand as there is not only witnesses of the holocaust, but footage and pictures of it as well. No one has footage or pictures of the crusades, aside from the paintings based on it.

How much more of the taxpayers time and money are we going to waste before we can close this case with understanding, and from practicing blind justice as a religion, it makes no distinction between the two based on their actions? (Atheism and Radical Islam)

(Totalitarian Fascism) Individual, Party and State level.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Don't make me draft a spreadsheet or Excel document please :)

What actions of Atheists are you referring to. Communists certainly have committed attrocities, but they certainly do not represent the entire Atheist community? Or, do you actually think that they do?

It is disrespectful to make these outlandish claims, and then when I ask for explanation/proof, you refuse, claiming it should be obvious. Can you please explain to me why you think that Communists represent the entire Atheist community? That seem completely ridiculous, but I am asking that you explain where you are coming from. Btw, I agree that communists are brutal a lot of the time, but they do not speak for or represent Atheists around the world. Many Atheists are free-thinking Capitalists. I know many of them.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Is this majority American website?

Every time I check in someones profile their location is either not listed or it is USA.

Chess is pretty much compulsory where I come from!
In this hypothetical chess game, if we were to play, I'd wager that you would be sitting there wondering how come you lost in a few short moves.

For the record, it is always helpful when ones argument is reflective of reality and not steeped in piles of steaming, smelly, assumptions.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
(Totalitarian Fascism) Individual, Party and State level.
You are speaking about Communism, not Atheism. They are terms that mean very different things. Sure, some communists are atheists, but communism certainly does not represent atheists around the globe.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
The Atheists and Radical Islamist lose.

If you would like to petition the courts again on their behalf please submit new evidence in support of their case.

*and leave God and Faith out of this, it is not admissible in this court of "fact"
Fact?! You claim that Communism, Atheism, and Extremist Islam are all the same thing. Not just that they have things in common, but they are exactly the same thing. Nothing could be further from being considered a "fact." Especially when you have not made any valid argument connecting the 3.

jonathan180iq

His goal seems entirely to derail the discussions that were happening in this thread. I'd stop worrying about his flawed logic.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Fact?! You claim that Communism, Atheism, and Extremist Islam are all the same thing. Not just that they have things in common, but they are exactly the same thing. Nothing could be further from being considered a "fact." Especially when you have not made any valid argument connecting the 3.
He has not posited an argument connecting the three simply because any such argument would be riddled with exaggeration and wild inaccuracies.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
He has not posited an argument connecting the three simply because any such argument would be riddled with exaggeration and wild inaccuracies.
I mean, Atheism is a lack of belief, Communism is a system of Government, and Extremist Islam is a terrorist movement. I fail to see any connection, apart from the fact that many communist leaders were atheist. But, that was obviously due to their will to control those under them and think of themselves as Gods.