• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Islam a violent religion?

Fatihah

Likewise what. I don't place anything I believe on a High pedestal. If you would ever take the time to understand what other believe or the way they think you would make such ignorant post.

Response: The pot calls the kettle black.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Back to the topic,Al Azhar University in Cairo has been labelled a School for terrorists,the Wahabi Muslims are pretty violent,the Iranian Government is also very violent and oppressive and lets face it Islam was born of violence so its of no surprise that some of its(SOME) adherents to it are violent as well.

Zephyr

Moved on
Response: You're an atheist and yet I'm a moron? That's the equivalent of watching someone who believes in Leprechauns and unicorns call another person stupid for believing 2+2 is 4.

I'm not sure you get this whole "not being an idiot" thing.

Syphros

Errmm... You what now?
Frankly, some of the responses here make me reconsider the amount of hate for muslims there is.

And M O N S T E R, stop giving tolerant Atheist's (like myself) a bad name. Take your intolerance and grumble in private. Your "moron" comments are foolish, arrogant and inconsiderate. I want answers not reckless hate!

Stop preaching Atheism, it is not a religion! If you want to show your rationality show it in a calm and polite fashion. We're all friends here.

Last edited:
Frankly, some of the responses here make me reconsider the amount of hate for muslims there is.

And M O N S T E R, stop giving tolerant Atheist's (like myself) a bad name. Take your intolerance and grumble in private. Your "moron" comments are foolish, arrogant and inconsiderate. I want answers not reckless hate!

Stop preaching Atheism, it is not a religion! If you want to show your rationality show it in a calm and polite fashion. We're all friends here.

You're right. I probably should dial it back a bit. It's just that when I'm confronted by such irrationality, my frustration sometimes get the better of me.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Interesting. I've had almost the opposite experience. Most of the Muslims I've met were not arrogant. I guess it's luck of the draw.
That too is my experience. Muslims I have met are normally quite charming and hardly as fanatical as some seem to be here on RF.

In regards to the OP, my personal belief is that the truth is somewhere between the pristine facade offered by Muslims and the incendiary vitriol promulgated by the Anti-Islamic websites. Neither group is being perfectly honest and both play with the facts to suit their needs.

Last edited:

Fatihah

Response: I agree. Very well said.