• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Hinduism Wrong? Christianity OK?

Alceste

Vagabond
Paul, for non-Christians your book is just a book like any other, so there's no insight to be gained into the fate of non-Christians by reading it. The bible has no bearing on their beliefs, which are very likely to be in line with whatever beliefs are widely held in their culture. So, in India, that means Hinduism. If you were born and raised in India, for example, you would probably have ended up as devout a Hindu as you are a Christian.

It seems drew is asking a very valid question, and has discovered the main weakness of the "one true church" attitude: That there is a staggering diversity of religious belief in the world, and no way to prove which, if any, are objectively true.

In other words, somewhere in the world there is a Hindu who is just as adamant as the most fervent Christian believer that his beliefs are correct and true and all other beliefs are inferior, possibly even perilous. Let me for a moment imagine that I am God, holding these two children of mine up for comparison. Their faith is equally strong, they have been equally good in word and deed, they have both been faithful and devout for all their lives, or if they have strayed, they have returned to God/Atman in the end.

If I am the omniscient, loving deity both believers imagine me to be, how would it possible to take one into paradise and cast the other into hell when they have both returned my love with lifelong devotion to my worship in whatever form they knew?

This is a good time to put down your book and ask yourself, "what would Jesus do"? As a Christian, if you ask him, he will probably tell you.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
If you look throughout history, especically American religion, you will find Reveltions has seeminly been unfolding for the last 2000 years. Please dont be fooled into just another modern day interpratation. Some simple searches even on e.g apoplaytic religions will show how many express compelling evidence for this throughout time.
But the difference is that these signs have been increasing at alarming rates
Mat 24:38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
They do not promote reconciliation with Jehovah, the God revealed in the Holy Bible. This is the first and foremost problem and is a massive one for if you are not reconciled to God through His Son and made holy by His blood then you are eternally lost, doomed to hell.
So basically the problem with the non-Christian religions is that they are not Christian.:sarcastic

Well thanks for that.:rolleyes:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But the difference is that these signs have been increasing at alarming rates
Mat 24:38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

There have always been catastrophes, roli. Fire, flood, famine, pestilence, war, &c. What makes you think these have been increasing? Hasn't every generation believed it was living in the last days, as Sunstone pointed out, and pointed to the proliferation of prophetic signs as clear proof?

I've been a Christian my whole life but as I get older (i'm 20 ) I question things. Whats wrong with religions like Hinduism? Is it just a mystical religion. what will happen to everyone that doesn't have the opportunity to learn about Christ? Will everyone who is not Christian be caught up in the Rapture? I know the Christian faith cannot be wrong because all of the events in revelations are unfolding but don't other religions like Hinduism or Buddhism have revelations? Will Christians be punished if we practice Hinduism is it considered occult? I'm really questioning religions now because there are so many but Christianity seems like it is the only right one because the book of revelation IS unfolding if you look closely. Please fill in the gaps someone. I would really really appreciate it! Thanks!

Christ is the least of my worries at the moment. Something that has been cemented into society, is that Christianity equals religion/god. This is clearly wrong. Some Christians (like Paul) also, seem to believe they are the only people who believe in god, that other religions need to accept Christ.

Revalations are nothing but a joke to me. YOU decide your own future, not even god does that. Hinduism/Buddhism do not have revalations in the way Christianity does, it predicts the comings of incarnations of god on earth.

A problem i see here, is this Rapture business. Hindu's dont care about it. Why? It is not their religion, they will respectfully listen and take it in, but they will say this is not for me. The Rapure seems to make no sense. Just because someone does not believe in Christ (let's face it, i don't see the evidence of his existence) doesen't mean they will be punished and all that.

Hinduism is not that much of a mystical religion. Modern Hindus tend to lean with the philosophical side of the religion. Its a deep religion with tinges of mysticness(ness??)
If you come to the Hindu part of the forum, i will glady answer any other questions you may have.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
There have always been catastrophes, roli. Fire, flood, famine, pestilence, war, &c. What makes you think these have been increasing? Hasn't every generation believed it was living in the last days, as Sunstone pointed out, and pointed to the proliferation of prophetic signs as clear proof?

Yes, there have been catastrophes throughout time,so are you saying they are'nt increasing today.
Check the stats or remain in denial, you choose
'Natural' catastrophes increasing worldwide

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i disagree with the premise that revelation is being lived out and that shows Christianity is the true religion - you should document and substantiate that before moving onto your questions.

Hawkins

I've been a Christian my whole life but as I get older (i'm 20 ) I question things. Whats wrong with religions like Hinduism? Is it just a mystical religion. what will happen to everyone that doesn't have the opportunity to learn about Christ? Will everyone who is not Christian be caught up in the Rapture? I know the Christian faith cannot be wrong because all of the events in revelations are unfolding but don't other religions like Hinduism or Buddhism have revelations? Will Christians be punished if we practice Hinduism is it considered occult? I'm really questioning religions now because there are so many but Christianity seems like it is the only right one because the book of revelation IS unfolding if you look closely. Please fill in the gaps someone. I would really really appreciate it! Thanks!

That's pretty simple. And no offense.

All religions are about but one thing -------------> Faith

Now you can count how many times the word faith appears in Christianity and other religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism?

Nuff said.

It simply says that all religions are about faith, but some religions are never about faith. Those religions never about faith thus don't even know what they themselves are talking about.

Simple as that. :yes:

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

In our view ALL the great religions are legitimate and God-sent!

I quote the Baha'i scriptures:

"There can be no doubt whatever that the peoples of the world, of whatever race or religion, derive their inspiration from one heavenly Source, and are the subjects of one God. The difference between the ordinances under which they abide should be attributed to the varying requirements and exigencies of the age in which they were revealed. All of them, except a few which are the outcome of human perversity, were ordained of God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose. Arise and, armed with the power of faith, shatter to pieces the gods of your vain imaginings, the sowers of dissension amongst you. Cleave unto that which draweth you together and uniteth you."

(The Proclamation of Baha'u'llah, p. 114;
also Gleanings, CXI, pp. 217-8)

Best, :)

Bruce