• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Fundamentalism a Religious Movement or a Psychological Disorder?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I seldom have an easy time conversing with people who think it's ok to slaughter the innocent unborn. It's an unconscionable and barbaric act.

If conservatives made it easier for women to take care of babies, or were supportive of birth control and sex education, women wouldn't resort to abortion as often.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
They can't seem to substitute their religion for another when filling the blank in "A ______ should be able to have their prayers heard at public events.
Most definitely a blind spot common among fundamentalists. I really have trouble understanding why they can't grasp such a simple concept. Why is it sooooooo hard to imagine the same request, but just from a different religion? :shrug:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Most definitely a blind spot common among fundamentalists. I really have trouble understanding why they can't grasp such a simple concept. Why is it sooooooo hard to imagine the same request, but just from a different religion? :shrug:

They seem to have the idea that the US was founded as a Christian nation. That's a fairly recent rumor.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So you think Enki and Thoth and Aphrodite and Ahura Mazda and Frigga and Bel and Shiva and the Great Spirit and the Rainbow Serpent and Vucub Caquix and the rest are real too? Your liberality and consistency of thought do you credit.

Christians believe in one God and also, the limited power of Satan, who manifests as false gods at times.

Atheists believe in no gods.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
They seem to have the idea that the US was founded as a Christian nation. That's a fairly recent rumor.
Which I've always found both understandable (it's something they really want to be true) and bizarre (if the founders truly wanted a "Christian nation" they could have easily set us up as a theocracy). But I guess it's like the "prayer is banned in school" talking point...it's blatantly false but also widely believed.

Spartan

I am an atheist. Why should I care for what a not existing being might think?

Ciao

- viole

Why should I bother with a response to you anymore then? You're just one more atheist who hasn't done your homework on Jesus Christ.

Spartan

There is not one shred of evidence a god influenced the construction of the documents making up that book. Much of it is so crazy it is more than likely it is a purely human creation produced by overactive imaginations.

Baloney. You don't know what you're talking about.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Why should I bother with a response to you anymore then? You're just one more atheist who hasn't done your homework on Jesus Christ.

Could be, but then why are you trying to extend your biblical opinions about abortion (the killing of a little creature implanted by God, and therefore to be protected instead) to people who believe that your God is as plausible as Santa?

So, either you keep your prescriptions against abortion to yourself, or you come to us with better arguments than God, Santa, the great Juju at the bottom of the sea, and stuff.

Ciao

- viole

Spartan

Could be, but then why are you trying to extend your opinions about abortion (the killing of a little creature implanted by God, and therefore to be protected instead) to people who believe that your God is as plausible as Santa?

Ciao

- viole
Why don't you people ever do your homework?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Why don't you people ever do your homework?

I do. I was a Christian. But now I am an atheist. And obviously any argument that will involve the Bible, will not take you anywhere. Obviously.

Ciao

- viole

Spartan

Could be, but then why are you trying to extend your biblical opinions about abortion (the killing of a little creature implanted by God, and therefore to be protected instead) to people who believe that your God is as plausible as Santa?

So, either you keep your prescriptions against abortion to yourself, or you come to us with better arguments than God, Santa, the great Juju at the bottom of the sea, and stuff.

Ciao

- viole

Here's some recommended reading so you won't be so completely lost about God and Jesus Christ. I'd bet big bucks you haven't read any of it.

"The Historical Jesus," by scholar Dr. Gary Habermas;

“The Historical Jesus of the Gospels,” by Dr. Craig Keener

"New Evidence that Demands a Verdict," by former skeptic Josh McDowell;

"Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics," by Dr. Norman Geisler;

"The Case for Christ," by Lee Strobel," and

"The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus," by Dr. Gary Habermas.

“Miracles – The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts,” by Craig S. Keener

“The Case for Miracles,” by Lee Strobel

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Here's some recommended reading so you won't be so completely lost about God and Jesus Christ. I'd bet big bucks you haven't read any of it.

"The Historical Jesus," by scholar Dr. Gary Habermas;

“The Historical Jesus of the Gospels,” by Dr. Craig Keener

"New Evidence that Demands a Verdict," by former skeptic Josh McDowell;

"Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics," by Dr. Norman Geisler;

"The Case for Christ," by Lee Strobel," and

"The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus," by Dr. Gary Habermas.

“Miracles – The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts,” by Craig S. Keener

“The Case for Miracles,” by Lee Strobel

Are you joking? i was a full blown Christian. I even believed prophets could live days inside a tuna, lol.

And? Are you trying to prove the existence of Jesus, or trying to convince me that Abortion is wrong because Jesus said so?

Ciao

- viole

Spartan

I was a Christian.
- viole

I doubt you were a born-again in the Holy Spirit Christian. If you had been you would have had a life-changing and incredible experience with the Holy Spirit and you would have known it was real. Just going to church doesn't mean you were ever a real Christian or born again.

And if you still think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case. Either put up or admit you have nothing.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I doubt you were a born-again in the Holy Spirit Christian. If you had been you would have had a life-changing and incredible experience with the Holy Spirit and you would have known it was real. Just going to church doesn't mean you were ever a real Christian or born again.
Nope. i was born again. i had a personal relationship with the Lord.

But now I know I was deluding myself. There is no lord.
I mean, taking the weekend off for our sins? Big deal.

And if you still think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case. Either put up or admit you have nothing.

These are nice stories, you know. Like Pinocchio.

But if you insist, why were the 12 surprised after the first reports of Jesus resurrection? That is not plausible.

Ciao

- fiole