• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Fundamentalism a Religious Movement or a Psychological Disorder?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I doubt you were a born-again in the Holy Spirit Christian. If you had been you would have had a life-changing and incredible experience with the Holy Spirit and you would have known it was real. Just going to church doesn't mean you were ever a real Christian or born again.

And if you still think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case. Either put up or admit you have nothing.

Many people have left and are continuing to leave. The cognitive dissonance is strong with you. People grow, learn and change, that's a good thing. Don't pretend your religion is for everyone, it's not a good fit for many, yet we are pressured into it.

Spartan

Nope. i was born again. i had a personal relationship with the Lord.

But now I know I was deluding myself. There is no lord.
I mean, taking the weekend off for our sins? Big deal.

These are nice stories, you know. Like Pinocchio.

I asked you: And if you still think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case. Either put up or admit you have nothing.

And you give me your Pinocchio nonsense? Two things: 1. You haven't done any decent research on the historicity of Jesus and the Gospels. 2. You couldn't come up with even ONE example and back it up about the challenge I gave you above. Where's the beef???

But if you insist, why were the 12 surprised after the first reports of Jesus resurrection? That is not plausible.

Ciao

- fiole

They were surprised because he was dead. Duh.[/QUOTE]

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Why should I bother with a response to you anymore then? You're just one more atheist who hasn't done your homework on Jesus Christ.

Most atheists are ex-Christians and tend to know more about the Bible than current Christians. That's one reason why we left.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
They were surprised because He was dead?
Please confirm.

Ciao

- viole

Spartan

Most atheists are ex-Christians and tend to know more about the Bible than current Christians. That's one reason why we left.

Let's see what you know.

If you think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case. Let's see that bad boy!

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I asked you: And if you still think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case. Either put up or admit you have nothing.

And you give me your Pinocchio nonsense? Two things: 1. You haven't done any decent research on the historicity of Jesus and the Gospels. 2. You couldn't come up with even ONE example and back it up about the challenge I gave you above. Where's the beef???

They were surprised because he was dead. Duh.
[/QUOTE]

Why? He said He will die and return the third day. He also predicted everything with extreme precision.

Let’s put some context, assuming you know your scriptures

1) He performed miracles that proved His divinity, allegedly
2) he said precisely in advance that he will die and return on the third day
3) he predicted everything with absolute precision, including the dismissal of Simon and co.
4) at His death amazing things happened. Earthquakes, sun eclipses and, last and not least, a multitude of dead saints escaped their grave and wandered round town. Zombie, basically. Ex dead people, that seem to show that resurrections were in the mainstream at that time.

Apparently, that was not sufficient. The 12 turned into skeptical rationalists in no time. Lol.

I don’t know, but if I had been one of them, I would have waited outside the tomb to catch His resurrection live on CNN, or its roman empire equivalent.

See? Not only those stories are as believable as Pinocchio, but they have also been written with less concern for logical consistency. Like a second rate movie.

Ciao

- viole

Audie

Veteran Member
They seem to have the idea that the US was founded as a Christian nation. That's a fairly recent rumor.
I do. I was a Christian. But now I am an atheist. And obviously any argument that will involve the Bible, will not take you anywhere. Obviously.

Ciao

- viole

Oh yeah? Well I just recently read that there
are atheist lawers (sic) who read the bible and
saw the logic and became Christian.

True fact.

Audie

Veteran Member
Here's some recommended reading so you won't be so completely lost about God and Jesus Christ. I'd bet big bucks you haven't read any of it.

"The Historical Jesus," by scholar Dr. Gary Habermas;

“The Historical Jesus of the Gospels,” by Dr. Craig Keener

"New Evidence that Demands a Verdict," by former skeptic Josh McDowell;

"Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics," by Dr. Norman Geisler;

"The Case for Christ," by Lee Strobel," and

"The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus," by Dr. Gary Habermas.

“Miracles – The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts,” by Craig S. Keener

“The Case for Miracles,” by Lee Strobel

And not a word from anyone who would
challenge any of it. Droll.

Audie

Veteran Member
I doubt you were a born-again in the Holy Spirit Christian. If you had been you would have had a life-changing and incredible experience with the Holy Spirit and you would have known it was real. Just going to church doesn't mean you were ever a real Christian or born again.

And if you still think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case. Either put up or admit you have nothing.

That is like asking to prove what julius caesar
had for breakfast.

However, IF "Jesus" said something to the effect
that thee really was a Noah, and a world wide flood,
that proves he was just another dumb azz.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Let's see what you know.

If you think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case. Let's see that bad boy!

I was a Christian for 28 years, 22 as a fundamentalist.

Spartan

That is like asking to prove what julius caesar
had for breakfast.

No, it's not. There are real individuals from history, multiple events, places, a resurrection from the dead, etc., in the Gospels. IF the Christ-deniers think those accounts are nothing but a collection of Pinocchio stories, myths, and fraud, then let them hop out here and destroy them. But they can't. You can't. So my challenge remains:

And if you still think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case.

that thee really was a Noah, and a world wide flood, that proves he was just another dumb azz.

Deal with my challenge above first. So far you guys are striking out badly.

Spartan

Thirza Fallen -

If you think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case.

Audie

Veteran Member
No, it's not. There are real individuals from history, multiple events, places, a resurrection from the dead, etc., in the Gospels. IF the Christ-deniers think those accounts are nothing but a collection of Pinocchio stories, myths, and fraud, then let them hope out here and destroy them. But they can't. You can't. So my challenge remains:

And if you still think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case.

Deal with my challenge above first. So far you guys are striking out badly.

Whatevs,guy. You do not get to make the rules
and tell others what to do.
Not here, bud.

As for your "challenge".
You did not notice I already met it?
Childishly easy-peasy.

MUST you see it again?

that thee really was a Noah, and a world wide flood, that proves he was just another dumb azz.

If you like a quote-

Luke quotes Jesus, "Everybody kept on eating and drinking, men and women married, up to the very day Noah went into the ark and the Flood came and killed them all"

side note- re your boasting.
So far you guys are striking out badly.

A couple of days ago we had a new poster
using a american flag for his avatar.

After a few announcements, he made a new one:
that he won the debate. :D
People who announce they are winning,
are not. Check mirror.

(oh, there was no flood, a fact proven a
thousand times over so what was "Jesus"
doing, talking about it? :D)

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
You couldn't prove it by you or the rest of the non-believers here. Personally I think your claim is nonsense.[/QU
Thirza Fallen -

If you think Jesus and the Gospels are bogus I want you to show me ONE (1 - just ONE, your best 1) fictitious person, place or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case.

I don't think they are totally bogus, but with the discrepancies in them, they certainly were not written by a deity, unless said deity is not a very good author.