• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is DeSantis "Far More Dangerous Than Trump"?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yep, according to former Florida Representative David Jolly, who's a Republican. Here:
Former Rep. David Jolly (R-Fla.) has no doubt that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) would be “far more dangerous” leading Donald Trump’s base and as president than the former president himself.

“He’s more savvy. He’s more coy. And he doesn’t have the pitfalls that Donald Trump does,” Jolly, who left the GOP in 2018, told MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace on Tuesday during a discussion about rising tensions between Trump and DeSantis over potential rival 2024 Republican runs for the White House.

DeSantis used Trump to win the Florida governorship before stepping from the Trump shadow, and will run in 2024 “on this notion of the free state of Florida,” said Jolly.

The former lawmaker then explained why that’s a fallacy:

“Florida’s not free if your kids can’t be exposed to the full curriculum that would make them smarter and better-educated students. Florida’s not free if you can’t get a test or treatment for COVID. Florida’s not free if you don’t have access to the ballot box. Florida’s not free if you’re a voter … and you vote and by a majority, determined home rule and then Gov. DeSantis says, ‘I’m not going to let you do that’ and he kneecaps local voters.”

“Florida’s not free,” Jolly continued. “It’s a narrative that Ron DeSantis is very successfully selling, which is what makes him dangerous.”

“It’s Ron DeSantis’ narrative of freedom,” he added. “He’s really kneecapping democracy right now for people of Florida, and he will successfully do it on the national stage should he get to the White House.”...

Other top Republicans have said they won’t run if Mr Trump throws his hat in the ring, but so far the Florida governor hasn’t made such a commitment...
-- Ex-GOP Lawmaker Warns: Ron DeSantis ‘Far More Dangerous’ Than Donald Trump (yahoo.com)

Thoughts?

[the OP is a one-and-out for me]

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Trump is a symptom. he is not the cause of the problem. At least Trump is an idiot that can't seem to do anything properly.

Someone like DeSantis or Cruz would be *really* dangerous. I agree.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
One think the article or excerpt left out. His "election police". I expect them to be totally white and stand with drawn guns in black majority voting locations demanding to see proof of citizenship from every black voter while another one stand with a fully automatic weapon.

My answer to DeSantis and the others trying to destroy America:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One think the article or excerpt left out. His "election police". I expect them to be totally white and stand with drawn guns in black majority voting locations demanding to see proof of citizenship from every black voter while another one stand with a fully automatic weapon.
It's not healthy to whip oneself into a fearful frenzy.

pearl

BTW, he now is spending campaign money by advertising himself in all 50 states, which should tell us something.

Of course as he is running for either senate of president.
Reminds me of Pope John Paul II issuing a crackdown on Catholic universities in the US, I've forgotten the exact title, but I remember at the time our parish often was fortunate to have a lecturer from Boston College theology. The lecture itself was always videotaped. But prior to the following question and answer period it was requested that it be turned off.