• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is coronavirus being overplayed? Hyped up fear mongering going on?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I'm not dead yet so I don't think it's real.

Having said that, there have been reported cases of people dying from it and whilst lying in hospital they were still denying it. Brain cells are wasted on some people.

vdays

We don't like the mass media run by billionaires...

THE ONLY TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE OF 2020 HAPPENS ON VDAY!
The only total solar eclipse of 2020 is happening this week. Here's how to watch it from anywhere.

Vday!

'V-Day' arrives in Canada as Pfizer vaccine rollout begins

WATCH THE FIRST HEALTH WORKERS RECEIVE PFIZER'S COVID-19 VACCINE IN NEW YORK, DECEMBER 14, 2020:

MUTANT STRAIN OF CORONAVIRUS FOUND IN UK:

'New variant' of coronavirus identified in England

FIRST "DOUBLE" PLANET IN 800 YEARS:

When is the Jupiter and Saturn conjunction? | wtsp.com

THE FUTURE IS SET IN STONE:

Physics suggests that the future is already set in stone

Full explanation:
Dennis Markuze

Houston “phase 1” ICUs are at 100% capacity. “Phase 2” is at 80% capacity. Here is the situation in Texas:

upload_2020-12-23_21-1-27.jpeg

upload_2020-12-23_21-1-43.jpeg

upload_2020-12-23_21-2-2.jpeg

Based on the high number of cases, which is a leading indicator, we can expect the ICU situation to continue to worsen through Biden’s inauguration.

But go ahead, blame the media for taking the virus TOO seriously. That’s why millions of Karen’s refused to wear masks and will probably refuse the vaccine their godking invented.

Keep telling yourself that. The smart people made me be stupid.

Source: Number of people hospitalized in Texas for COVID-19 is nearing July's record highs

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
What bothers me more is the media's over sensationalizing the negative effects of the vaccine.

I'm not going to provide any links for this (unless requested) because I'd feel like I was spreading the hype, but for example:

A recent headline reads, "Kansas nurses refuse to administer vaccine". To me the way this reads it seems to be suggesting that every nurse, at least the overall majority of nurses, in Kansas are refusing to administer the vaccine.

In truth the article is actually about a grand total of four nurses working in some backwater hospital in some little po-dunk town somewhere in Kansas.

There's quite a bit of clickbait like this circulating and the internet right now. Thing that bothers me most is that this is the stuff that comes up first when you try to find out what's going on.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What bothers me more is the media's over sensationalizing the negative effects of the vaccine.

I'm not going to provide any links for this (unless requested) because I'd feel like I was spreading the hype, but for example:

A recent headline reads, "Kansas nurses refuse to administer vaccine". To me the way this reads it seems to be suggesting that every nurse, at least the overall majority of nurses, in Kansas are refusing to administer the vaccine.

In truth the article is actually about a grand total of four nurses working in some backwater hospital in some little po-dunk town somewhere in Kansas.

There's quite a bit of clickbait like this circulating and the internet right now. Thing that bothers me most is that this is the stuff that comes up first when you try to find out what's going on.
That can be a whole topic in itself. The massive and overwhelming degradation of journalistic integrity and honesty. Something that ought to be taken at heart, but dosent exist anymore.

Its exceedingly hard to tell whats truth and what's twisted when it comes to informing the public.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
The high death toll from Covid in the US is partly due to Trump underplaying the seriousness of the pandemic.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
What do you think?

My wife's 4 week ICU stay, lingering health problems now (known as long COVID [asthma, enlarged heart, memory problems]), and our $350,000 (that's a nice house) in medical bills begs to differ.

Media overplayed no. But maskless morons running around listening to daddy Trump and his downplaying, is and was still an issue.