• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Climate Change real or a Hoax

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I think I did.

I once wrote a political pop song about Australia, the Isle of Far Kanay.

But I went lateral with your clue, wondering if you were a King Crimson fan.
Maybe you did get it. Not familiar with king Crimson (although I know Magnus, the Crimson King), think darker red. Maroon, possibly.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I did--
Animals breath in O2 and exhale CO2
Plants breath in CO2 and exhale O2

Carbon dioxide (chemical formula CO2) is a colorless gas with a density about 60% higher than that of dry air. Carbon dioxide consists of a carbon atom covalently double bonded to two oxygen atoms.

CO2 is produced by all aerobic organisms when they metabolize carbohydrates and lipids to produce energy by respiration.[7]

Photosynthesis is a process used by plants and other organisms to convert light energy into chemical energy that can later be released to fuel the organisms' activities. This chemical energy is stored in carbohydrate molecules, such as sugars, which are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water– hence the name photosynthesis, from the Greek φῶς, phōs, "light", and σύνθεσις, synthesis, "putting together".[1][2][3] In most cases, oxygen is also released as a waste product.

Most plants, most algae, and cyanobacteria perform photosynthesis; such organisms are called photoautotrophs.

:)-
C'mon. :rolleyes:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Setting aside the fact that the biggest limitation to tree growth isn't CO2, but humans cutting them down, on face value there is some truth to this argument.

Carbon dioxide makes plant food. And like people, when plants eat more food they get bigger.

But also like humans, plants don't need just one type of food, they need variety in order to get their fill of nutrients.

For plants that's things like phosphorus, nitrogen, potassium, calcium, magnesium and sulfur.

In Australia, and other continents like South America, phosphorus is the big limiting factor.

David Ellsworth, an environmental scientist from Western Sydney University, exposed areas of mature eucalypt forest to high levels of CO2 for three years.

While there was more photosynthesis in the leaves, the trees didn't grow any more than the control groups that were exposed to ambient air, he told the ABC earlier this year.

"Growth is limited by nutrients in the soil," Professor Ellsworth said.

"What we've found is that low phosphorus levels really prevent the kind of growth that predictions would tell you to expect."

But trees that were given extra phosphorus and no extra CO2 increased their growth rate by about 35 per cent.

Increased CO2 will only make a difference to tree growth if we distribute fertiliser with it.