• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Cannabis the Answer?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
If you actually believe 0 people died form the effect of using pot, you are a little more gullible than I thought.

Just for instance something like 50% of people responsible for traffic fatalities have marijuana in their systems.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
If you actually believe 0 people died form the effect of using pot, you are a little more gullible than I thought.

There are no recorded deaths from overdoses of MJ...ever!....but tons of deaths from abusing legal drugs. 15,000 just from pain killers alone. Your perceptions appear to lump all strains of MJ into just "dope". The medicinal stuff is less harmful that prescription drugs....no harmful side effects have been noted in the people who use it for even their children. These kids were on every medication under the sun and suffered major side effects from them.....what is wrong with you?
unsure.gif

Look at the evidence....do some research...share your findings and sources. You appear to be making groundless objections based on your own bad experiences.

Just for instance something like 50% of people responsible for traffic fatalities have marijuana in their systems.

Can you provide stats that there weren't other drugs involved as well? Many people addicted to dope routinely take a cocktail of other drugs besides their whacky weed.
panic2.gif

Lyndon

Premium Member
Are you also involved in selling weed?? You seem really personally caught up in promoting weed.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Are you also involved in selling weed?? You seem really personally caught up in promoting weed.

Are you serious? I am personally advocating that people inform themselves of the healing power of a God-given plant that has been abused and misrepresented for decades. I would like to see it legalized so that people who are suffering needlessly under the present system can access something that actually works without harming them. Stupid humans are responsible for this misrepresentation and people like you are perpetuating the myths. Educate yourself Lyndon and then come back with evidence that it is harmful if taken medicinally.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
Deeje, I have seen a number of videos with children speaking words of wisdom. I would like to add my 5 year old niece who once she was aware of what she was eating -animals, told her mother she was no longer going to eat meat. She also is a fan of Judas Priest and when she comes to visit my wife and I, proudly says 'House of Metal' ! Even when she was 3 we had some really deep conversations about Quantum Physics, and she's also aware of the damage chemtrails are doing to our planet.

Onto matters of diet, and it was in 2005 when I no longer chose to eat meat, I was also inspired by my daughter who was already a vegetarian. So with youngsters afore mentioned I am sure that Light will extinguish the darkness. I have just acquired a study Bible, which has shocked my wife and will shock my friends as I have been a staunch atheist in my earlier years ! My wife did groan though because she asked me if I was going religious !!! I reassured her I was not ! I have a few more books arriving........can't wait to see her face !

A few words on medicinal cannabis; there is now a growing number of medical doctors who are aware of the may ways this Sacred Herb can heal even the most dreaded of illnesses. I forgot to mention a friend of mines son who has epilespy, the mother asked his consultant if he could take cannabis oil. She passed him the research she'd done and he allowed her her wish.

People who either can't or won't see the many benefits of this wonder herb are either stupid or blind.

Deeje, here's a Rick Simpson video which you've probably seen !!!

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Deeje, I have seen a number of videos with children speaking words of wisdom. I would like to add my 5 year old niece who once she was aware of what she was eating -animals, told her mother she was no longer going to eat meat. She also is a fan of Judas Priest and when she comes to visit my wife and I, proudly says 'House of Metal' ! Even when she was 3 we had some really deep conversations about Quantum Physics, and she's also aware of the damage chemtrails are doing to our planet.

There is so much evil in this world that many people wonder if there is some evil force controlling it. The Bible says there is. It is harder to deny it now. Even my own elderly mother (not at all religious) who has seen great change in her lifetime, admits that she feels humans are under some kind of evil influence. It used to be in isolated pockets in some countries, but now it seems as if its global.
jawsmiley.gif

Onto matters of diet, and it was in 2005 when I no longer chose to eat meat, I was also inspired by my daughter who was already a vegetarian. So with youngsters afore mentioned I am sure that Light will extinguish the darkness. I have just acquired a study Bible, which has shocked my wife and will shock my friends as I have been a staunch atheist in my earlier years ! My wife did groan though because she asked me if I was going religious !!! I reassured her I was not ! I have a few more books arriving........can't wait to see her face !

LOL....I find I can be spiritual and a keen Bible student without being "religious". I was raised in the Anglican church but as I matured, I saw through the hypocrisy and false teachings. It seemed to me that everything Jesus said not to do, they did....and everything he told them to do, they found excuses not to do them.
89.gif

I have been studying the Bible for over 40 years now and it tells its own story if you let it speak for itself. Just let me know if you have questions....I am happy to share.
Our Creator is awesome!

A vegetarian diet is obviously what God intended us humans to have, so when things get sorted down here, I believe that all will go back to the way it was. (Isaiah 55:11) I do eat meat but only in very small amounts, and not every day.

A few words on medicinal cannabis; there is now a growing number of medical doctors who are aware of the may ways this Sacred Herb can heal even the most dreaded of illnesses. I forgot to mention a friend of mines son who has epilespy, the mother asked his consultant if he could take cannabis oil. She passed him the research she'd done and he allowed her her wish.

In Australia MM is still highly regulated and changing laws requires vast amounts of time that no one seems able to explain.
They promise that trials are being done so that they can make it available, but there is no trial left that hasn't already been conducted overseas.....the stalling tactics are most disheartening for those who could use it NOW!
Watching loved ones suffer when the medicine is so easily grown and produced is frustrating to say the least. I have family members who could benefit from this medicine right now.
They are taking prescription drugs that have horrendous side effects.
gaah.gif

People who either can't or won't see the many benefits of this wonder herb are either stupid or blind.

Deeje, here's a Rick Simpson video which you've probably seen !!!

Yes, I am well aware of his valuable contribution. I heard him say in a video interview that cannabis is often called a "gateway drug" and he said it is.....but its a gateway out of the legal drug nightmare. If only common sense could prevail....the suffering could end today. :( I am grateful for the Bible's promise of a "new earth" where these problems will no longer exist. (2 Peter 3:13)
An eviction notice will be served on all who do harm to their fellow man. That is the world I long for.
No more pain, suffering or death. (Revelation 21:2-4; Psalm 37:1-11) Bring it on!
47b20s0.gif

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

What you keep on ignoring purposefully is the question, WHAT ELSE?
First of all 50% is nonsense. You made that up.
Second of all, how many of the accidents were actually CAUSED by marijuana use?

If drinking AND smoking, which one was it?
If driving distracted AND having had smoked, which one was it?
If driving tired AND having had smoked, which one was it?
If driving carelessly AND having had smoked, which one caused it?

Also, how long a time is marijuana present to test in the blood? Is it like alcohol or is it much longer?

The different figures are for urine and hair.

Marijuana - Single Use 1-7+ days 12-24 hrs
Marijuana - Regular Use 7-100 days 2-7 days Months
Amphetamines 1-3 days 24 hours
Cocaine 1-3 days 1-3 days
Heroin, Opiates 1-4 days 1-3 days
PCP 3-7 days 1-3 days

Lyndon

Premium Member
A disproportionately high percent of fatality causing drivers test positive for Marijuana, even if only a small percent of those accidents are caused by marijuana, that's people that die because someone was high on pot.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A disproportionately high percent of fatality causing drivers test positive for Marijuana, even if only a small percent of those accidents are caused by marijuana, that's people that die because someone was high on pot.
Do you know that people die because some other people get high on self-righteousness?
Maybe self-righteousness should be made illegal.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
I have been studying the Bible for over 40 years now and it tells its own story if you let it speak for itself. Just let me know if you have questions....I am happy to share.

Cheers Deeje, I just may PM you soon.

New A disproportionately high percent of fatality causing drivers test positive for Marijuana, even if only a small percent of those accidents are caused by marijuana, that's people that die because someone was high on pot.

Lyndon, its the wrong choice of driving when under the influence of either alcohol or drugs - and cannabis is a herb ;-). Cannabis has not caused the deaths of anyone.The bottom line is zero people have died from taking the Sacred Herb either medicinally or recreationally. People who drive when under the influence are jerks and need punishing, it is their poor judgement which was responsible.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

Not necessarily. For example pot is much easier to access in places like Colorado, meaning more people can and do use it. There may be more accidents with marijuana in their blood, but this only matters if the number of TOTAL accidents has increased in direct relation to marijuana.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
By what method is marijuana to be prescribed, especially considering that it's more comparable to a handful of different pills than a uniform pill made the same every time?

I believe that if the medicinal seeds were made available by strain and achieved a fairly level standard of potency with testable levels of the medicinal components, then people should be allowed to grow the plants themselves and either eat the raw product, or process it themselves at home, even if it needs a prescription to purchase the seeds. If it was regulated and taxed like any other medicine, why keep something this beneficial and harmless from people? There is no excuse that I can see apart from the obvious detriment to the pharmaceutical industry and its support of the medical profession and its institutions.

People seem to be able to gain the benefits of the plant no matter how its produced, as long as the suppliers are genuine producers. Making it legal would eliminate the drug barons....so getting the crooks out of the picture would benefit everyone.

Those who cannot, or are not in a position to grow their own, should be able to purchase the medicine at their pharmacy, like all other medicines. The fly in that ointment of course, is the vested interests wanting to perpetuate the present 'cash cow' that pharmaceuticals are today. Its a powerful opponent, as we can clearly see. :(

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I believe that if the medicinal seeds were made available by strain and achieved a fairly level standard of potency with testable levels of the medicinal components, then people should be allowed to grow the plants themselves and either eat the raw product, or process it themselves at home, even if it needs a prescription to purchase the seeds. If it was regulated and taxed like any other medicine, why keep something this beneficial and harmless from people? There is no excuse that I can see apart from the obvious detriment to the pharmaceutical industry and its support of the medical profession and its institutions.

People seem to be able to gain the benefits of the plant no matter how its produced, as long as the suppliers are genuine producers. Making it legal would eliminate the drug barons....so getting the crooks out of the picture would benefit everyone.

Those who cannot, or are not in a position to grow their own, should be able to purchase the medicine at their pharmacy, like all other medicines. The fly in that ointment of course, is the vested interests wanting to perpetuate the present 'cash cow' that pharmaceuticals are today. Its a powerful opponent, as we can clearly see. :(

This doesn't address how dosage should be prescribed, which is what I was asking.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Source please

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
By what method is marijuana to be prescribed, especially considering that it's more comparable to a handful of different pills than a uniform pill made the same every time?

Pardon for the intrusion ! From watching documentaries about cannabis oil the dosage for an adult was one drop before going to bed, but it really is the responsibility of the individual concerned or parent to do their own due diligence. For a child the dose would be smaller. But I am only sharing what I have heard through documentaries and must stress I am not medically trained, although I did learn how to carry out an enema !

It really is scandalous that cannabis is still in the firing line of the goons in uniform and that well suited pen pushing politicians think they know best ! It is a herb - a Sacred Herb. How about the men and women of the police force(wherever you live !)concentrate their efforts on catching paedophiles etc ! It appears that the motorists and joint smokers are the main targets of the police because the motorist is easy money with the fines that are dished out.

It should be - No Victim No Crime. Sometimes we are so backward !!!

In the US there should be plenty of doctors who can advise on dosage.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think it is more likely the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil IMHO
All the more reason to indulge.
They banned this harmless plant because it was a threat to other polluting industrial products, promoted by the big corporations.
Very much so. The humble hemp plant is so mighty in it's many varied uses that it even poses a threat to the oil companies because, among other things, hemp can be used to produce things such as plastics and even biofuel. Lumber would take a huge blow. Home and clothing material even can be obtained from hemp. And at the end of the day, it's a very rich source of dietary fiber, the seeds themselves a healthy snack, and the oils used to make foods from cereals, beers, and milk (you can also cook with the oil, which is rather healthy oil nutritionally). There is just not one valid reason to not give the green light and full hearted support of industrial hemp, especially since it is impossible to get high on it, or even use it medicinally.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The humble hemp plant is so mighty in it's many varied uses that it even poses a threat to the oil companies because, among other things, hemp can be used to produce things such as plastics and even biofuel. Lumber would take a huge blow. Home and clothing material even can be obtained from hemp. And at the end of the day, it's a very rich source of dietary fiber, the seeds themselves a healthy snack, and the oils used to make foods from cereals, beers, and milk (you can also cook with the oil, which is rather healthy oil nutritionally). There is just not one valid reason to not give the green light and full hearted support of industrial hemp, especially since it is impossible to get high on it, or even use it medicinally.

Imagine a world where natural products replace synthetic, highly polluting materials......? :)

Think of all the health reducing artificially produced foods, grown in mineral deficient soils, loaded with pesticides and artificial fertilisers.....with little to no food value because of financial interests. Shelf life is more important that nutritional value. Increasing the shelf life means that the food has to be "dead" because no living thing exists in it anymore. From milk to bread to fruit and vegetables kept in cold storage for years! Almost nothing that is sold in supermarkets is fresh or healthy.
We need living food, not dead rubbish that only looks or tastes good.
We are digging a grave with our teeth and making heartless commercial corporations rich.

Imagine cheap bio-fuel with no polluting emissions? and bio-degradable plastic......Hemp can produce all we need easily, cheaply and in totally recyclable form. It seems as if greedy commercial interests prefer to take this planet to the brink of extinction rather than to explore eco-friendly options. We all know that change must happen, but we just don't see it. They have known about the dangers for decades. How far will man be allowed to go? This is not his Earth....he is only a tenant here, and he is trashing the place.....eviction is warranted IMO. I believe it is coming. o_O

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hemp can produce all we need easily, cheaply and in totally recyclable form. It seems as if greedy commercial interests prefer to take this planet to the brink of extinction rather than to explore eco-friendly options.
Well, that is pretty much why it's illegal (they also threw in a ton of blatant and overt racism to further their cause). Hemp would weaken everything from oil to timber to food. It is the Corporate Executive's boogeyman, because it can bring down their empires.