• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Bush an "Idiot" or .... ?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
And yes invade iran because people have already died because of that counrty and still are every day.When will people see iran for what it really is,look what they did to our sailors,you cannot deal with these people ,there is no reasoning with them there is no good to come from this country.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
And yes invade iran because people have already died because of that counrty and still are every day.When will people see iran for what it really is,look what they did to our sailors,you cannot deal with these people ,there is no reasoning with them there is no good to come from this country.
They made the sailors look foolish but nobody died. Reasoning worked for the UK regarding the sailors. Weren't they returned unharmed.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Yes they were returned but iran dont play like gentlemen and mistreated them ,ok it may seem over the top invading iran but you do not need to be a prophet to see war in the middle east is going to happen.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Yes they were returned but iran dont play like gentlemen and mistreated them ,ok it may seem over the top invading iran but you do not need to be a prophet to see war in the middle east is going to happen.
I sincerely hope not. I believe Bush would have misled us all again if he could have. I am relieved the report from the US intelligence agencies has prevented him from doing so.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I was listening to talk radio this morning in the car and there was mention that the Bush administration knew over the summer that Iran had suspended its nuclear weapons program back in 2003. I'm concerned if this is true because we seemed to be focused on Iran this past year and that administration saying they were engaged in nuclear testing.

I will try to read up more on this but this is a big deal because once again it would appear that this administration is lying to the American people or holding back information from us.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Yes that is probably true of course they lied and will carry on lying.But the blame for the iraq war is not just GWs it is the UNs impotence in dealing with these situations as it is impossible for it to make a decision of any worth,does anybody really think that if we pull out of iraq that the killing will stop i would think the answer is no and one of the biggest reasons is iran and syria has a hand in it aswell.These people do not want peace to happen in iraq.OK GWs admin is crap but what about bin laden the greatest coward that ever lived or the leaders of iran and syria surely these are the bad guys.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Yes that is probably true of course they lied and will carry on lying.But the blame for the iraq war is not just GWs it is the UNs impotence in dealing with these situations as it is impossible for it to make a decision of any worth,does anybody really think that if we pull out of iraq that the killing will stop i would think the answer is no and one of the biggest reasons is iran and syria has a hand in it aswell.These people do not want peace to happen in iraq.OK GWs admin is crap but what about bin laden the greatest coward that ever lived or the leaders of iran and syria surely these are the bad guys.

Well two wrongs don't make a right. If Bin Laden was truely behind the bombings...yes he is a coward. On the other hand the UN can't simply jump to war when a whole lot of factors are in play. Some of these countries in the UN have dealings with Afghanastan (don't think I spelled that correctly)..... and Iraq. The UN is not about starting a war because the US feels as though they should. I would agree with you that the Bush Admin is crap. Not only were they given reports when they assumed office of a lot of what was going on but some of their own "legitament" intelligence was saying things were getting ready to happen. Powell stood before everyone with video etc of what he thought was clear proof and when the inspectors went over there they said....We can't find any traces of weapons of mass destructions...and we still turned around and sent out troops over there tearing up the place. We can't turn around and do the same to Iran because the president feels as they they have the knowledge to potentially, maybe one day make a bomb. Imagine getting pulled over by the police and the officer says to you..."Sir the reason why I pulled you over and the reason why I'm arresting you is because you look like you have the knowledge to potentially kill somebody".....OK maybe it's a stupid analogy....but you get my point....we go around starting wars because some one has the knowledge to build a bomb. Shucks...the US has the knowledge, as well as a few other countries....

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I am not asking for NATO to invade iran and syria what should have happened was the US and UK forces should be withdrawn and a NATO peace keeping force put into iraq until iraq was ready to take control itself.This would then put the ball in iran and syrias court as they are the ones supplying arms and terrorists to iraqi insurgents which they claim is because of the USs occupation.Then if they continue to supply then surely the UN should do something.Please do not forget iran has sworn to push israel into the sea and although israel should not be occupying the west bank(another place for the UN) everyone knows that they will retaliate when attacked and given their history who can blame them.In Afghanistan a big operation is in motion to destroy the taliban and al quieda for good there i think eventially the same will be required for more of the middle east

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I am not asking for NATO to invade iran and syria what should have happened was the US and UK forces should be withdrawn and a NATO peace keeping force put into iraq until iraq was ready to take control itself.This would then put the ball in iran and syrias court as they are the ones supplying arms and terrorists to iraqi insurgents which they claim is because of the USs occupation.Then if they continue to supply then surely the UN should do something.Please do not forget iran has sworn to push israel into the sea and although israel should not be occupying the west bank(another place for the UN) everyone knows that they will retaliate when attacked and given their history who can blame them.In Afghanistan a big operation is in motion to destroy the taliban and al quieda for good there i think eventially the same will be required for more of the middle east

I agree...:)

But I think we have to be careful thinking that any operation will destroy certain factions "for good". I'm not sure there is a "for good".....but I do believe thay need to be crippled as much as possible to avoid them gaining the strength and power the taliban has. Sometimes, even with "military intelligence" it's had to tell who is friend and who is foe.

I think we have done all the (we) could do in that area and now we need to take a back seat and assist everyone else and let these new governments run themselves. We have to realize that our form of government may not be what some people want.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I agree...:)

But I think we have to be careful thinking that any operation will destroy certain factions "for good". I'm not sure there is a "for good".....but I do believe thay need to be crippled as much as possible to avoid them gaining the strength and power the taliban has. Sometimes, even with "military intelligence" it's had to tell who is friend and who is foe.

I think we have done all the (we) could do in that area and now we need to take a back seat and assist everyone else and let these new governments run themselves. We have to realize that our form of government may not be what some people want.

The latest in afghanistan is good news,the taliban have been pushed out of their stronghold so nato shbe in place as a peace keeping force and democratic elections should be held so that the people get to choose their own government.

RUone2

And the end is not in sight, Americans will vote for a Republican again. Why? Because of so many people I've talked to who would not vote for a women,(Clinton) or a black man (Obama), it's not so much who the people vote for, it's the reason they find to not vote Democratic. Me, I will vote Democratic no matter who the party picks. I'm sure you know why they call Bush "W" it's so that he can spell his name.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
And the end is not in sight, Americans will vote for a Republican again. Why?
Because we are happy with the way things are RIGHT NOW. We don't want more taxes and programs. We support the war on terror and stand behind our President.
Because of so many people I've talked to who would not vote for a women,(Clinton) or a black man (Obama), it's not so much who the people vote for, it's the reason they find to not vote Democratic.
Are there sexist racist democrats out there? I thought all the sexists racists were republican? If so, why would a republican vote democratic?
saying Me, I will vote Democratic no matter who the party picks. I'm sure you know why they call Bush "W" it's so that he can spell his name.

Thats Hillarious! spell his name, ha ha. So you vote democratic no matter who runs but cannot understand why the other side does as well. That's real deep thinking. Got any more pearls of wisdom to bestow upon us?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I was listening to the one of the comedy channels on XM radio when Dick and Tommy Smothers came on. HOLY SMOLEY! He sounded JUST LIKE SHRUB (only funny). The way he mangled words and sayings were hilarious if not also sad that Shrub out does him naturally.

RUone2

My comments were not ment to be "pearls of wisdom", just thoughts as I shave, and wonder why people are loseing their homes in forclosures, young men die in an un-winnable war, jobs are going over seas where folks will work 14 hours a day for a bag of rice, police (at least here in Florida) seem to be getting murdered every week, homes costing over a million dollars get sold left and right while homes costing a hundred thousand stay on the market forever, just wondering when the dribble down theory is going to begin to dribble down. No, I have no pearls of wisdom, just questions about the right and wrong of the United States, and how we got to where we are. And yes, I will vote Democrat, I fell for the republican B.S. twice, never again. However, I apologize if my random thoughts offended you, that was not my intent.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
My comments were not ment to be "pearls of wisdom", just thoughts as I shave, and wonder why people are loseing their homes in forclosures, young men die in an un-winnable war, jobs are going over seas where folks will work 14 hours a day for a bag of rice, police (at least here in Florida) seem to be getting murdered every week, homes costing over a million dollars get sold left and right while homes costing a hundred thousand stay on the market forever, just wondering when the dribble down theory is going to begin to dribble down. No, I have no pearls of wisdom, just questions about the right and wrong of the United States, and how we got to where we are. And yes, I will vote Democrat, I fell for the republican B.S. twice, never again. However, I apologize if my random thoughts offended you, that was not my intent.

I'm not offended. You have a perfect right to vote how you see fit. You must admit that I had a point about voting a party no matter what, both sides do this and it is not a wise choice always.

I'll try and address your questions.

People lose their homes for various reasons. The biggest reason is not paying the mortgage. If you took out an adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) and did not plan on reselling in several years, it had to occur to you that the loan was going to reset to a higher rate. When people signed those loans without any money down or no plan for repayment, you tell me what did they lose? They need to look at it like a rental.

I believe we are winning the war Sir.

Job's over seas? Unemployment is extremely low right now.

Homes over a million dollars get sold to qualified buyers. Your first clue would be to focus on what they did that you did not.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Reverend Rick said:
People lose their homes for various reasons. The biggest reason is not paying the mortgage.
Actually, I think the biggest reason people lose their homes is because they couldn't afford them to begin with, at least where I'm at. These people should not have been sold a house in the first place. Perhaps if the realestate market wasn't so greedy (at least in SoCal), then we wouldn't have this high rate of forclosures.

Reverend Rick said:
They need to look at it like a rental.
The price for a rental in SoCal might as well be a mortgage payment. Not only that, but apartment rentals are going up too. A lot of perks that come with apartments, such as paid utilities, are slowly but surely dissapearing while the cost of rent goes up. You're going to be seeing a lot more people living together on one place.

Reverend Rick said:
I believe we are winning the war Sir.
I guess that depends on indiviuals interpretations of winning.

Reverend Rick said:
Job's over seas? Unemployment is extremely low right now.
You can have jobs going over seas and have a low unemployment rate. How you might ask? It's simple: You will have people working two or three crappy jobs in place of that one good job that has been sold to cheap overseas labor.

Reverend Rick said:
Homes over a million dollars get sold to qualified buyers. Your first clue would be to focus on what they did that you did not.
Actually, I think it's more of "what they have" rather than "what they did that you didn't."

People who can afford million dollar homes, will buy and own million dollar homes.