• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Blood The Evidence Of A Christian God?

james bond

I may not know enough about blood, but it seems to me that it was important to God of the Bible as he wanted blood sacrifices. We know that blood is life, but doesn't that mean it is also death? We love our blood, so we want to keep it positive.

Yet, this is looking at blood's flip side. I'm going to limit the discussion of death to natural death and not accidents. Accidents are supposed to be God's warnings, but not all of you would believe that. Satan tempts. God warns. Those are opposites.

The Bible tells us that after death, the true believers will be resurrected and have new flesh and bone. Wow. This is like the new, perfect spiritual body that Jesus had and I suppose Adam and Eve before their sin.

I propose they did not have blood. This is important with Jesus' new body and resurrection. The evidence in the Bible as the Apostles and those who knew Jesus were able to examine his body and wounds. Thus, let's look at our current bodies and what blood does for us. Obviously, blood is life and this is what is taught. However, doesn't that mean that it's also death. What did Adam's sin bring into this life? Why death, of course. We all must die.

Thus, we should examine this blood. AFAIK, the three causes of natural death are heart attack, stroke, and cancer. The first two are obviously related to blood. We do not get blood and the required oxygen it carries, then we die. Finally, we have cancer which is a disease. Obviously, cancers of the blood such as leukemia is related to blood. I think all the other cancers are related to the cell. The cells need blood to live, too. However, could cancer forming be also related to blood? Instead we find that it's related to genetics and from what I understand is that cancer is driven by genetic changes.

Okay, so cancer is the only one cause of natural death that I can't pin definitively to blood as far as what I know today. Blood plays a part, but it's not what causes the coup de grace. That said, we do find that testing blood is how we verify there is cancer; I think it verifies all the cancers (I could be wrong on this, so if anyone knows, then let us know; a quick search states 8 known cancers). Could it be that cancer is related to blood, too?

exchemist

Veteran Member
I may not know enough about blood, but it seems to me that it was important to God of the Bible as he wanted blood sacrifices. We know that blood is life, but doesn't that mean it is also death? We love our blood, so we want to keep it positive.

Yet, this is looking at blood's flip side. I'm going to limit the discussion of death to natural death and not accidents. Accidents are supposed to be God's warnings, but not all of you would believe that. Satan tempts. God warns. Those are opposites.

The Bible tells us that after death, the true believers will be resurrected and have new flesh and bone. Wow. This is like the new, perfect spiritual body that Jesus had and I suppose Adam and Eve before their sin.

I propose they did not have blood. This is important with Jesus' new body and resurrection. The evidence in the Bible as the Apostles and those who knew Jesus were able to examine his body and wounds. Thus, let's look at our current bodies and what blood does for us. Obviously, blood is life and this is what is taught. However, doesn't that mean that it's also death. What did Adam's sin bring into this life? Why death, of course. We all must die.

Thus, we should examine this blood. AFAIK, the three causes of natural death are heart attack, stroke, and cancer. The first two are obviously related to blood. We do not get blood and the required oxygen it carries, then we die. Finally, we have cancer which is a disease. Obviously, cancers of the blood such as leukemia is related to blood. I think all the other cancers are related to the cell. The cells need blood to live, too. However, could cancer forming be also related to blood? Instead we find that it's related to genetics and from what I understand is that cancer is driven by genetic changes.

Okay, so cancer is the only one cause of natural death that I can't pin definitively to blood as far as what I know today. Blood plays a part, but it's not what causes the coup de grace. That said, we do find that testing blood is how we verify there is cancer; I think it verifies all the cancers (I could be wrong on this, so if anyone knows, then let us know; a quick search states 8 known cancers). Could it be that cancer is related to blood, too?
There are many natural causes of death, including various forms of organ failure and a wide range of diseases, not to mention simple accidents, like falling down and cracking your skull.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Okay, so cancer is the only one cause of natural death that I can't pin definitively to blood as far as what I know today.
There is organ failure, various diseases that aren't cancer but still terminal, cancer of the blood, malnutrition, and other of stuff the human body does.
Accidents are supposed to be God's warnings
More often than not its a warning sign in a clutz.

Brickjectivity

System Override
Staff member
Premium Member
The OP title is "Is Blood the Evidence of a Christian God?"
The argument is an effort doomed to failure before it begins, because even if someone thought it was a good argument it would not affect their moral stance one whit. Morality is everything when a person chooses God, and they must choose or it doesn't matter. They must have faithfulness to please God, not belief. This is the original English meaning of the old English term 'Faith' which matters. The reason I bring this up is not to throw mud at your post or you but to point out there is a logical problem with the goal of proving God's existence. Firstly you cannot prove God. God is, by definition, invisible and intangible. If you could prove God existed, then God wouldn't be invisible and intangible and thus would be a minor being. Secondly it would no longer be a moral choice but merely a secular choice.

james bond

Should have stopped there.

Amazing....

There is that MBA talking.
There are THOUSANDS of natural causes of death.

Why do fish have blood?

Why do chipmunks have blood?

Well, Mr. Biologist who was inundated with the ToE, evolutionary thinking and history, and will probably die, i.e. spiritually die, for evolution (I think that's in the Bible, too). Can you name say ten other ways related to blood?

The Bible explicitly states God wanted those that had to do with blood. He wanted blood sacrifices. Asphyxiation, poisoning, bludgening, or non-bloody executions were not good enough. Thus, why wasn't it good enough? One of the reasons provided was that the sacrifice had to be that of what we hold precious. And that meant blood. Apparently, life itself wasn't good enough. Isn't life what we hold precious, too?

Thus, I was looking at how humans die. The three main natural causes are heart attack, stroke, and cancer. I think those have to do with blood.

Now, I think you are arguing there's disease, viruses, infections, and more as natural causes, but are those natural? We don't all die that way. If we live to a nice old age, then aren't the three main natural causes of death what I listed? People say they want to die of old age, but the reality may not as be as nice as they think.

ETA: Why do fish or chipmunks have blood? Is it because they have bones?

Last edited:

james bond

There are many natural causes of death, including various forms of organ failure and a wide range of diseases, not to mention simple accidents, like falling down and cracking your skull.

I eliminated accidents as usually those are God's warnings to humans, equivalent to how Satan tempts. However, I don't think atheists would believe this, so I limited to what we die of if we live a full life, i.e. old age.

I think the other causes of death you mention would be more non-natural as we do not all experience those. If we live a full life, then there is only three causes of death and I believe they are blood related.

james bond

There is organ failure, various diseases that aren't cancer but still terminal, cancer of the blood, malnutrition, and other of stuff the human body does.

More often than not its a warning sign in a clutz.

I don't think we all experience that. It's more an abnormal situation for those who die of organ failure, diseases, and other terminal causes.. If we are healthy and live to a ripe old age, which I should've stated, then there are three causes of death and this is blood related

Haha. There are those accident prone, such as walking outside in traffic talking on your phone, listening to music with noise-cancelling headphones, or driving with some kind of electronic device to distract you, etc. Usually, a minor one such as a car squeaking to a stop and the driver cursing at you could be considered warnings. Getting a ticket for driving while on the phone would be another. It's ways God is telling you to change your thinking or to repent. To repent means to change your thinking.

james bond

I guess I should've added the reasons God required a blood sacrifice. I didn't have the whole story myself. In ancient times, one had to do with having faith in a Savior yet to come as opposed to today having faith in a Savior that has came and will come a second time.

"The whole of the Old Testament, every book, points toward the Great Sacrifice that was to come—that of Jesus’ sacrificial giving of His own life on our behalf."

"Leviticus 17:11 is the Old Testament’s central statement about the significance of blood in the sacrificial system. God, speaking to Moses, declares: “For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.”

The defining statement is:
"A “sacrifice” is defined as the offering up of something precious for a cause or a reason. Making atonement is satisfying someone or something for an offense committed. The Leviticus verse can be read more clearly now: God said, “I have given it to you (the creature’s life, which is in its blood) to make atonement for yourselves (covering the offense you have committed against Me).” In other words, those who are covered by the blood sacrifice are set free from the consequences of sin."

Those who are covered by the blood sacrifice of Jesus are set free from Adam's sin.

Why did the sacrificial system require a blood sacrifice? | GotQuestions.org

exchemist

Veteran Member
I eliminated accidents as usually those are God's warnings to humans, equivalent to how Satan tempts. However, I don't think atheists would believe this, so I limited to what we die of if we live a full life, i.e. old age.

I think the other causes of death you mention would be more non-natural as we do not all experience those. If we live a full life, then there is only three causes of death and I believe they are blood related.
You can believe what you like of course, but there seems little point in you starting a thread to discuss this, if your mind is already made up.

Jeremiah Ames

Answer to OP question in title: No
Don’t focus on the blood. Focus on what it represents. In the Bible. It is mentioned hundreds of times. Eventually you could possibly rationalize and understand it’s meaning. If we seek, we can find. It’s definitely not easy, but possible.

james bond

You can believe what you like of course, but there seems little point in you starting a thread to discuss this, if your mind is already made up.

So, you would believe Satan tempts and God warns? Would atheists just believe that?

Anyway, what does blood represent to you from the Bible?

We have:

"I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable." 1 Corinthians 15:50

We cannot be of flesh and blood as we are now to enter heaven.

Then we have of Jesus after his resurrection:

"As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate before them." Luke 24:36-40

james bond

Answer to OP question in title: No
Don’t focus on the blood. Focus on what it represents. In the Bible. It is mentioned hundreds of times. Eventually you could possibly rationalize and understand it’s meaning. If we seek, we can find. It’s definitely not easy, but possible.

This isn't an easy argument to make.

I presented one in post #12 as 1 Corinthians 15:50. We cannot enter heaven like we are now.

What about Luke 24:36-40? A spirit does not have flesh and bones as Jesus had after the resurrection? He wasn't our flesh and blood anymore. He was new flesh and bone.

We also understand blood sacrifice as atonement. The greatest was:
"For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for you on the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that makes atonement by the life." Leviticus 17:11

Or how Jesus came via the Holy Spirit and he was human:
"This is he who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not by the water only but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth." 1 John 5:6

What do you have?

ETA: We understand the Holy Spirit is water and Jesus new flesh and bone, but God the Father is all and none at the same time. He would be difficult to describe.

exchemist

Veteran Member
So, you would believe Satan tempts and God warns? Would atheists just believe that?

Anyway, what does blood represent to you from the Bible?

We have:

"I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable." 1 Corinthians 15:50

We cannot be of flesh and blood as we are now to enter heaven.

Then we have of Jesus after his resurrection:

"As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate before them." Luke 24:36-40
Blood has always been seen in ancient culture and in literature as symbolising life-giving for the body: the essence of a living body. After all, when you slaughter an animal, in the Jewish ritual fashion, you bleed it and it dies.

However it is pretty silly to treat this traditional literary symbolism as a modern medical theory.

james bond

Blood has always been seen in ancient culture and in literature as symbolising life-giving for the body: the essence of a living body. After all, when you slaughter an animal, in the Jewish ritual fashion, you bleed it and it dies.

However it is pretty silly to treat this traditional literary symbolism as a modern medical theory.

Let's see if there is something to this. @tas8831 asked why do fish and chipmunks have blood? What do you think?

I thought it was because they have bones as we have marrow. Can you think of a creature without bones that has blood?

The true believers know that we will be of new flesh and new bone like Jesus, i.e. there won't be any blood. No blood enters heaven nor does this flesh that we have. It sounds like what we have does not last, so this system we have is from Adam's sin. It's that our flesh, our blood, and our bones give out assuming we live a full life (unless we become fossilized, we revert back to dust). In terms of modern medical theory, it's because of the blood.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Let's see if there is something to this. @tas8831 asked why do fish and chipmunks have blood? What do you think?

I thought it was because they have bones as we have marrow. Can you think of a creature without bones that has blood?

The true believers know that we will be of new flesh and new bone like Jesus, i.e. there won't be any blood. No blood enters heaven nor does this flesh that we have. It sounds like what we have does not last, so this system we have is from Adam's sin. It's that our flesh, our blood, and our bones give out assuming we live a full life (unless we become fossilized, we revert back to dust). In terms of modern medical theory, it's because of the blood.
This is too crazy for me. Have a nice day.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Most living things on this planet, do not have blood, btw.

tas8831

Well, Mr. Biologist who was inundated with the ToE, evolutionary thinking and history, and will probably die, i.e. spiritually die, for evolution (I think that's in the Bible, too).
Can you name say ten other ways related to blood?
No, Mr.Non-biology-educated-yet-thinks-you-are-an-expert-on-biology-yet-come-across-as-a-troubled-child, because I have no idea why you think your ranting nonsense is worth a serious response.
The Bible explicitly states God wanted those that had to do with blood.
So you worship a bloodthirsty thug, I get it...

tas8831

I asked about chipmunks as you had been yammering on about God wanting blood and such.

Can't you keep your crazy non-scientific fantasies straight?