• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Blood The Evidence Of A Christian God?

james bond

This is too crazy for me. Have a nice day.

Good day.

Yet, my hypothesis is what causes us to die is old blood assuming we live out our natural life. If we can replace our blood from time to time, then can it be healthy and help us live longer? If we are older, then we have to have our replaced with someone else's by transfusion.

Look at athletes who do blood doping, in this case one's own blood, albeit illegal for improving athletic performance -- What is Blood Doping? | Live Science.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Isn't that evidence for God, too?

So creatures with blood is evidence of god.
Creatures without blood is evidence of god.

Sounds like a pretty useless metric.
Your entire OP is undermined.

Living things.

Living things existing, is evidence of living things existing. There mere existance isn't in any way evidence of anything else.

Secular or atheist scientists can't make a blade of grass unless it's from something already living..

They can't make a hurricane either. So what?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yet, my hypothesis is what causes us to die is old blood assuming we live out our natural life

A hypothesis which is shown to be bonkers considering the majority of life has no blood and dies as well.

If we can replace our blood from time to time, then can it be healthy and help us live longer? If we are older, then we have to have our replaced with someone else's by transfusion.

Sounds like you would only be taken seriously in medieval times, when "bloodletting" was the go-to treatment for just about anything.

Are you aware of the medical advances of the past 500 years?

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I may not know enough about blood, but it seems to me that it was important to God of the Bible as he wanted blood sacrifices. We know that blood is life, but doesn't that mean it is also death? We love our blood, so we want to keep it positive.

Yet, this is looking at blood's flip side. I'm going to limit the discussion of death to natural death and not accidents. Accidents are supposed to be God's warnings, but not all of you would believe that. Satan tempts. God warns. Those are opposites.

The Bible tells us that after death, the true believers will be resurrected and have new flesh and bone. Wow. This is like the new, perfect spiritual body that Jesus had and I suppose Adam and Eve before their sin.

I propose they did not have blood. This is important with Jesus' new body and resurrection. The evidence in the Bible as the Apostles and those who knew Jesus were able to examine his body and wounds. Thus, let's look at our current bodies and what blood does for us. Obviously, blood is life and this is what is taught. However, doesn't that mean that it's also death. What did Adam's sin bring into this life? Why death, of course. We all must die.

Thus, we should examine this blood. AFAIK, the three causes of natural death are heart attack, stroke, and cancer. The first two are obviously related to blood. We do not get blood and the required oxygen it carries, then we die. Finally, we have cancer which is a disease. Obviously, cancers of the blood such as leukemia is related to blood. I think all the other cancers are related to the cell. The cells need blood to live, too. However, could cancer forming be also related to blood? Instead we find that it's related to genetics and from what I understand is that cancer is driven by genetic changes.

Okay, so cancer is the only one cause of natural death that I can't pin definitively to blood as far as what I know today. Blood plays a part, but it's not what causes the coup de grace. That said, we do find that testing blood is how we verify there is cancer; I think it verifies all the cancers (I could be wrong on this, so if anyone knows, then let us know; a quick search states 8 known cancers). Could it be that cancer is related to blood, too?

Blood on its own is just blood.

Ask a hospital to show you a small container of blood, it won't have any significance. Neither will sperm, on a table. Sperm in a womb makes a child. And blood given to save the life of another, that has value.

james bond

So creatures with blood is evidence of god.
Creatures without blood is evidence of god.

Sounds like a pretty useless metric.
Your entire OP is undermined.

No, you brought up plants and humans can not create a blade of grass without a living cell. That is evidence for God.

Currently, I'm learning Malachi where there is blood sacrifice from the ancient times. The congregation was supposed to bring their best lambs for slaughter. So what happens. A few of the priests take the lamb in the back to keep for their own and bring out a lesser one. Or the congregation brought lesser animals. That's not what I'm discussing in this forum. I'm discussing blood. Is that evidence for God? There are many other places in the Bible where God discusses blood -- What Does the Bible Say About Blood?.

So far, if we live to a ripe, old age, then we die of conditions related to blood. If you get a virus and die, then that isn't a normal condition. Not everyone will get the virus (unless contagious type which the insurance won't pay due to act of God clause).

They can't make a hurricane either. So what?

That's evidence for God, too. Called an act of God by insurance cos.

A hypothesis which is shown to be bonkers considering the majority of life has no blood and dies as well.

We know blood is life. That's a fact. What I am saying is blood is the cause of our natural deaths, too. We weren't supposed to die before sin, remember.

I think it means donating blood regularly is good. One's body will replenish the blood through their marrow which I think was our biology friend's point. I just started on a aspirin regiment due high blood pressure and it has helped a lot. I feel much better.

james bond

Blood on its own is just blood.

Ask a hospital to show you a small container of blood, it won't have any significance. Neither will sperm, on a table. Sperm in a womb makes a child. And blood given to save the life of another, that has value.

What properties does blood have? What can happen to it in our bodies?

If regularly replenishing blood is good through blood donation, then homosexuals who practice, even once, can not do it. This is because their blood may be tainted. The also ask if you traveled to a list of banned countries. Where one can get malaria and other blood diseases or have their blood tainted from a mosquito bite. You may not have gotten anything even if a mosquito bit you.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Those who are covered by the blood sacrifice of Jesus are set free from Adam's sin.
I did not commit Adam's sin. And I am sure I would have not committed it, if God had instantiated me instead of Adam and that other bimbo, in the Garden. I mean, who would listen to a talking snake, without any credential apart from being able to speak, rather than to God Himself? I suspect that Adam had a too low I.Q. for the job of determining the fate of the entire human race.

I also hate apples.

So, why should I be accountable for what that idiot did?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Isn't that evidence for God, too? Living things. Secular or atheist scientists can't make a blade of grass unless it's from something already living..

Since you mentioned blood as evidence of the Christian God, your rebuttal here would make sense only if you mean now evidence of a general, not necessarily Christian one. Which would also defeat your initial argument.

So, what other evidence do you have, under the premise that there is a God, that He is the Christian one? Are empty tombs, written stories on some books, not enough?

Ciao

- viole

night912

I don't think we all experience that. It's more an abnormal situation for those who die of organ failure, diseases, and other terminal causes.. If we are healthy and live to a ripe old age, which I should've stated, then there are three causes of death and this is blood related
All of those are just the same as the three that you mentioned. They're all abnormal deaths. The problem here is that you've chose three well known causes of death then you used blood as the focal point, while ignoring the more important parts. Let's look at cancer first. This was a weird one because there are numerous types, cancer is usually associate with a person's body cells. The reason why it's so fatal? It's hard to get rid of it, humans need a body to live. Next is stroke. There's blood involved, but why so fatal? It damages the the brain, a very important body part of the body for survival. Then there is the heart. A person doesn't have much of a chance of surviving without a heart.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
No, you brought up plants and humans can not create a blade of grass without a living cell. That is evidence for God.

Doesn't follow.

We know blood is life

Except for the majority of species, that have no blood yet live as well.

What I am saying is blood is the cause of our natural deaths, too. We weren't supposed to die before sin, remember.

I remember what your superstitious theology says, yes.

I think it means donating blood regularly is good. One's body will replenish the blood through their marrow which I think was our biology friend's point. I just started on a aspirin regiment due high blood pressure and it has helped a lot. I feel much better.

Good for you. Medical science is great, isn't it?

tas8831

I was going to stay away from this nonsense, but I can't resist...
Currently, I'm learning Malachi where there is blood sacrifice from the ancient times.
Are these sacrifices still required?
I was under the impression that they are not. If not, does that mean that your premise, theologically, is at best moot?
If these sacrifices are still required, then your beliefs are no better than Santeria.
I'm discussing blood.
From a theological standpoint, apparently.
Did you bother to learn one thing about actual blood? What it does, what it is made of, etc.?
It seems not.
So far, if we live to a ripe, old age, then we die of conditions related to blood.
Some do. Most do not.
upload_2020-2-3_14-59-49.png

Heart disease is in the top 3. That has to do with the health of the heart, not blood.
Cancer is not blood. There ARE cancers OF the blood, but that is only a portion of all cancers.
Stroke is caused by either a blood clot OR vascular problems. The only cause listed that is directly related to blood is septicemia, down at #10.

Your thesis on the verge of total collapse.

If you get a virus and die, then that isn't a normal condition. Not everyone will get the virus (unless contagious type which the insurance won't pay due to act of God clause).
Insurance won't pay for death due to infectious disease?
By the way, Dr. Kildare, viruses ARE contagious. You said you have a degree in what was it? Computer science or something? it shows.

That's evidence for God, too. Called an act of God by insurance cos.
I doubt it.
We know blood is life. That's a fact.
Unless you do not have blood - tag has pointed out the flaws in that line of 'reasoning.'
What I am saying is blood is the cause of our natural deaths, too.
Say it all you want - it is not all-encompassing.
That is, it is not so.
We weren't supposed to die before sin, remember.
No, I don't remember that. How crazy - can you imagine how many starving people there would be if there had never been any death?
It is almost as if the whole original sin thing is just a crazy story to help make the simple folk stay in line...
So you are countermanding God's curse of death via blood? SINNER!

Kidding aside - this is a gem:

"One's body will replenish the blood through their marrow which I think was our biology friend's point. "

On any given day, your bone marrow makes about 200 million new red blood cells a day.

And on any given day, roughly the same number of "old" red blood cells are phagocytized (eaten) by macrophages in your liver and elsewhere.

And by "old", I mean on average 120 days.

It is amazing what one learns in freshman biology.

Or on the internet. If one can get their head out of collections of ancient middle eastern tales long enough to do so.

james bond

Are these sacrifices still required?
I was under the impression that they are not. If not, does that mean that your premise, theologically, is at best moot?
If these sacrifices are still required, then your beliefs are no better than Santeria.

What part of ancient times did you miss (sarcasm)?

What I said was I was comparing the way it was with Adam and Eve and us today. We get the hint of perfect human being in Jesus after the resurrection. The Bible states he was new flesh and new bone. Moreover, Jesus states no flesh and blood will enter heaven. Thus, our current bodies is what changed from our perfect bodies previously. The longevity of humans follows after the perfect human started their this flesh and blood life. Today, we are several generations removed and our longevity is getting shorter. It's down to around 90 years from 120 years after the Noah's Flood. This is evidence to contradict evolution.

What gets me is you missed the most important and main purpose of the blood sacrifice!!! It was a precursor to Jesus coming and going through the ultimate sacrifice. God's only son was sacrificed for us in a blood sacrifice!!! The ancient peoples had to believe that for their John 3:16 and to repent.

If we have to sacrifice blood today, then I addressed it with blood donations. It means no homosexuals which God treated like Adam's sin. Homosexuality goes against God's command.

james bond

So, why should I be accountable for what that idiot did?

Now, pay attention oh ignorant one.

For one, Adam caused a lot of grief to God who gave him heaven. He also lost domain over the Earth to Satan who became "god of the world and prince of the power of the air." Not only did it bring death upon us, but we would be living out the atheist scenario of no second life or you only live once. Furthermore, God had a plan to fix it by the blood sacrifice of his own son Jesus as a human.

All of this caused the sin which you and everyone else were born with.

You also have a test like Adam and Eve did and are failing. All of this is the religion part.

The science part is the what I think the blood. Our flesh and blood is what kills us when we live to old age.

Since you mentioned blood as evidence of the Christian God, your rebuttal here would make sense only if you mean now evidence of a general, not necessarily Christian one. Which would also defeat your initial argument.

So, what other evidence do you have, under the premise that there is a God, that He is the Christian one? Are empty tombs, written stories on some books, not enough?

Huh? Please explain how this makes it a generic god?

Let's just stick to the blood evidence for now.

james bond

All of those are just the same as the three that you mentioned. They're all abnormal deaths. The problem here is that you've chose three well known causes of death then you used blood as the focal point, while ignoring the more important parts. Let's look at cancer first. This was a weird one because there are numerous types, cancer is usually associate with a person's body cells. The reason why it's so fatal? It's hard to get rid of it, humans need a body to live. Next is stroke. There's blood involved, but why so fatal? It damages the the brain, a very important body part of the body for survival. Then there is the heart. A person doesn't have much of a chance of surviving without a heart.

I qualified it as you live to a ripe old age. They're causes of death by old age. I would agree that it would be abnormal if you went before your time due to early heart attack, stroke, or cancer. Or accident, disease, virus, etc.

james bond

Another way to improve our blood is to eat the following:

1. Eat Iron-Rich Foods

2. Increase Vitamin C Intake

3. Increase Folic Acid Intake

4. An Apple (or Pomegranate) a Day Keeps The Doctor Away

5. Drink Nettle Tea

6. Avoid Iron Blockers

7. Exercise

So, diet and exercise with care. I would add eat organic whenever possible. Will that help us live to 90?

How to Increase Hemoglobin: 7 Natural Ways To Improve Hemoglobin

Other tips

How to Increase Your Red Blood Cells

7 Foods To Increase Blood Platelets

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Most living things on this planet, do not have blood, btw.
Yep.

Like flatworms and roundworms for example. Neither have any blood or circulatory system and are obviously quite alive.

The Bible is completely wrong in light that blood is essential for life. It isnt.

If anything its pretty good evidence the Christian God is bogus man-made idealogy.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Now, pay attention oh ignorant one.

For one, Adam caused a lot of grief to God who gave him heaven. He also lost domain over the Earth to Satan who became "god of the world and prince of the power of the air." Not only did it bring death upon us, but we would be living out the atheist scenario of no second life or you only live once. Furthermore, God had a plan to fix it by the blood sacrifice of his own son Jesus as a human.

All of this caused the sin which you and everyone else were born with.

You also have a test like Adam and Eve did and are failing. All of this is the religion part.

The science part is the what I think the blood. Our flesh and blood is what kills us when we live to old age.

Huh? Please explain how this makes it a generic god?

Let's just stick to the blood evidence for now.

i paid attention. In vain. You did not explain why I should be even minimally accountable for what Adam did. It is not my faul if agod created a person with very low intelligence.

why? Is sin transmitted genetically? And only when acquired, like a sort of Lamarckian trait?

how does it work, exactly?

Ciao

-viole

james bond

i paid attention. In vain. You did not explain why I should be even minimally accountable for what Adam did. It is not my faul if agod created a person with very low intelligence.

why? Is sin transmitted genetically? And only when acquired, like a sort of Lamarckian trait?

how does it work, exactly?

Ciao

-viole

Yes, I did explain but it went over your head.

I guess I have to spell it out. Repent. This world will not last forever. Follow John 3:16.

Not genetically transmitted, but consequences from God.

"Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—" Romans 5:12

The evidence is that we all must die. Prior to Adam's sin, we were suppose to live forever. The generation that came after A&E lived a long time -- over 900 years.

Our longevity has been getting shorter. After Noah's family, it was around 120 years per the Bible. Today, it's around 90. This means evolution has failed if we are supposed to be getting better and thus live longer.

If you want to believe it is Lamarckian per science, then how do you explain shorter longevity?

>>how does it work, exactly?<<

I would say by accepting death (and possibly death caused by blood for old age, i.e. heart attack, stroke, or cancer) as evidence for God, accepting that I have sin, and start reading the Bible, and compare the Book of Genesis to evolution like at this site -- Understanding Evolution. This is how I learned evolution and evolution thinking and history. I compared both.

ETA: Does Lamarckism work to explain it?

Early Concepts of Evolution: Jean Baptiste Lamarck

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Yes, I did explain but it went over your head.

I guess I have to spell it out. Repent. This world will not last forever. Follow John 3:16.

Not genetically transmitted, but consequences from God.

"Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—" Romans 5:12

The evidence is that we all must die. Prior to Adam's sin, we were suppose to live forever. The generation that came after A&E lived a long time -- over 900 years.

Our longevity has been getting shorter. After Noah's family, it was around 120 years per the Bible. Today, it's around 90. This means evolution has failed if we are supposed to be getting better and thus live longer.

If you want to believe it is Lamarckian per science, then how do you explain shorter longevity?

>>how does it work, exactly?<<

I would say by accepting death (and possibly death caused by blood for old age, i.e. heart attack, stroke, or cancer) as evidence for God, accepting that I have sin, and start reading the Bible, and compare the Book of Genesis to evolution like at this site -- Understanding Evolution. This is how I learned evolution and evolution thinking and history. I compared both.

ETA: Does Lamarckism work to explain it?

Early Concepts of Evolution: Jean Baptiste Lamarck

therefore, a very small child, or even a fetus, is sinless, since it could not yet be tested. Consider for instance, a 1 hour old human embryo. What kind of test did it no pass?

ciao

- viole