• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

joshua3886

Great Purple Hippo
But, if the robots are sentient, then who are you to judge they are not "real"? Are their emotions not worth considering? And those whom love the robots, why do you judge their love? Whom they can love? What gives you that right?
There's 7 billion people on this planet, why do they need a robot mate unless they are desperate?

Draka

Wonder Woman
There's 7 billion people on this planet, why do they need a robot mate unless they are desperate?
Robots are people too. If they are sentient then they are people. And also, why does "desperate" have to come into this? Why must you assume they are desperate? Can't they just fall in love with whom they fall in love with? ;)

joshua3886

Great Purple Hippo
Robots are people too. If they are sentient then they are people. And also, why does "desperate" have to come into this? Why must you assume they are desperate? Can't they just fall in love with whom they fall in love with? ;)
Yes they are desperate. Because it means they can't socialize with real humans.
And you're argument is extremely flawed in assuming that science has already created robots that are capable of being sentient. If we have already created something for humans to "fall in love with" it would have to be a perfect being that would only cater to a person's every desire which is NOT human. Real humans have flaws and it takes social skills to adapt to and accept those flaws. If we refer back to my Futurama quote: remember when Fry fell in love with Lucy Liu bots he eventually realized that she was programmed to love her and not the real Lucy Liu. If you want to find true love, then you have to take the good with the bad.
Lastly: a robot is a non-humanoid being. The term you're looking for is android. A robot would refer to something you see in a factory building cars or a sensual toy that women use.

AlphaAlex115

Yes they are desperate. Because it means they can't socialize with real humans.
And you're argument is extremely flawed in assuming that science has already created robots that are capable of being sentient. If we have already created something for humans to "fall in love with" it would have to be a perfect being that would only cater to a person's every desire which is NOT human. Real humans have flaws and it takes social skills to adapt to and accept those flaws. If we refer back to my Futurama quote: remember when Fry fell in love with Lucy Liu bots he eventually realized that she was programmed to love her and not the real Lucy Liu. If you want to find true love, then you have to take the good with the bad.
Lastly: a robot is a non-humanoid being. The term you're looking for is android. A robot would refer to something you see in a factory building cars or a sensual toy that women use.

so then why do robots look like humans???

Muffled

Jesus in me
According to my religion, Robotology, no it is not a sin. Robosexuality however is a sin. The good book saith a robot shall not lie down with a human nor do it standing or any angle in between.

I believe this falls into the category of masturbation and there is no Biblical injunction against that as long as its a female robot of course.

Laila369

Nope , I never had a problem with gays , and my religion completely supports them by being reasonable , I never understood how being gay could be a "sin" if they are born that way. Did God create them just so they can burn in hell ?

Norman

Defender of Truth
I don't have a religion and being gay is fine by me. What about you guys??

Norman: Hi AlphaAlex115, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we believe marriage should be between on man and one woman.
Although we do not know what causes homosexuality or other inclinations a human might have we believe acting on that inclination is the sin. We do not believe that
homosexuals should be harassed, abused, bullied, no discrimination against housing, employment and other areas of life.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The only "sins" I can see in these discussions are homophobia and bigotry.

I believe when I say that homosexuality is a sin that I am not practicing homophobia and I am certainly not frightened byt this sin anymore than I would be by prostitutiom.

I believe that calling a persons beliefs bigotry is a sin.