• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Muffled

Jesus in me
So Asimov wrote the Bible? :p

I believe your conclusion does not follow from the premises.

Here is my logic:

The law can be generalized to that of function. ie As Paul put it trading the natural for the unnatural.

THe function with a female robot (by a man) is tha same as the function with a female.

The function with a male robot would be just as unnatural as the function with a male.

One could argue that sex with a robot is unnatural but I believe the law is more about function than about nature.

One could argue that sex with the same gender is just masturbation since it can't perform the same function as sex with a woman.

However I believe it is the possibility of disease that drives the law on this although there is something to be said for not having perverted thinking. For instance it was perverted thiinking on Eve's part that she should know as much as God or that knowing evil would be a good thing.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I believe when I say that homosexuality is a sin that I am not practicing homophobia and I am certainly not frightened byt this sin anymore than I would be by prostitutiom.

I believe that calling a persons beliefs bigotry is a sin.

People can believe it is a sin as long as they do not voice this to the general public and make it an issue.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
People can believe it is a sin as long as they do not voice this to the general public and make it an issue.
That's what I feel, how dare these people judge these people as being sinful, they should be taking the log out of their own eyes and not seeing the splinter in the other.

Norman

Defender of Truth

Norman: Hi dgirl1986, Why would anyone want to closet there belief's and keep it from the general public? It belongs in the public square and needs to be discussed and it is an issue.
I think you are asking a bit much dgirl1986 on your part to try and silence public opinion. I personally want my voice to be heard, whether that is on religious freedom or a political issue.
That is what is great about the United States, our voices can be heard and that is how laws are changed or introduced because of citizens standing up for what they believe.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Norman: Hi dgirl1986, Why would anyone want to closet there belief's and keep it from the general public? It belongs in the public square and needs to be discussed and it is an issue.
I think you are asking a bit much dgirl1986 on your part to try and silence public opinion. I personally want my voice to be heard, whether that is on religious freedom or a political issue.
That is what is great about the United States, our voices can be heard and that is how laws are changed or introduced because of citizens standing up for what they believe.

Homosexuals having the same full human rights - as heterosexuals - is NOT a religious issue.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!

Who said anything about closeting their beliefs? I am sure there are christians who do not believe in divorce but they dont scream it out. I have never seen pagans or buddhists force people to hear what they have to say on their beliefs.

Who said anything about silencing public opinion? The majority of public opinion is in support of homosexuals and accepting them.

By the way - I think if people consider discriminating against other human beings as standing up for what they believe then they need to re-evaluate what their beliefs are and try to place themselves in the shoes of others.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
He was judgmental of people's actions, but not of the people themselves. He condemned people many times because of what they were doing. He admonished people and encouraged them to turn from their sinful ways.

From what I remember of the NT he wasnt a massive jerk about it and didnt reject people entirely. Except for the pharisees lol. He really didnt like them and their false ways.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
From what I remember of the NT he wasnt a massive jerk about it and didnt reject people entirely. Except for the pharisees lol. He really didnt like them and their false ways.
No, He wasn't a jerk about it. But neither was He a "do what you want" hippie.