• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

allfoak

Alchemist
Whatever, but if you're here to expand yourself, "nevermind" isn't going to cut it. I do get what you're saying, but I think it's a rather flat way of looking at the world.

that is the reason i said nevermind.
Your only motivation for talking to me seems to be to correct me.
I don't need correcting.
I am happy to learn but these lessons i can do without.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I don't need correcting.
Well, this is a debate forum. I disagree with what you propose here. It doesn't quite ring true.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I don't need correcting.

Not to be rude, but why are you here then? This is a debate forum.

sojourner

There is no debate as to what the truth is if you are learning from your soul.
Then post in the DIR instead of the debate forums. In the debate forums, you're going to get... debate.

And even truth can be debated, due to differing perspectives.

allfoak

Alchemist
your not being rude.
I see your point.

I will be moving on now.

Happy-Writer.jpeg

Norman

Defender of Truth
So obviously then, you are going to go back and try to prove your words? And actually prove me wrong rather then just claiming it? Yes?

Hi Ingledsva, I did prove my words by my post. I answered the question in this thread. My church is against same sex attraction and same sex marriage. I quoted scripture to support my opinion as well. What else would you like to debate about my post?

Gnostic Seeker

Spiritual
My church is against same sex attraction and same sex marriage. I quoted scripture to support my opinion as well. What else would you like to debate about my post?

Not sure how you can be against an attraction, especially one that even psycharicists recognize is innate and unchangeable. As for scripture, I could easily show that the 'scriptures' (I prefer writings) are not against homosexuality, though I suspect the LDS Church will change its stance yet again at some time in the future.

sojourner

Not sure how you can be against an attraction, especially one that even psycharicists recognize is innate and unchangeable. As for scripture, I could easily show that the 'scriptures' (I prefer writings) are not against homosexuality, though I suspect the LDS Church will change its stance yet again at some time in the future.
"Moving the Goal Posts" in Mormon circles is more a theological construction than a logical fallacy.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
As for scripture, I could easily show that the 'scriptures' (I prefer writings) are not against homosexuality, though I suspect the LDS Church will change its stance yet again at some time in the future.
I doubt very much that the LDS Church will ever say that homosexual acts are not sinful. I can see the time, though, when they will be less involved in such human rights issues as same-sex marriage.

Following the recent Utah ruling that same-sex marriage is now legal, Mormon Apostle, Dallin H. Oaks (who was, prior to being called to his current Church position, Justice of the Utah Supreme Court), said the following:

“When our positions do not prevail, we should accept unfavorable results graciously, and practice civility with our adversaries.”

Gnostic Seeker

Spiritual
I doubt very much that the LDS Church will ever say that homosexual acts are not sinful. I can see the time, though, when they will be less involved in such human rights issues as same-sex marriage.

Following the recent Utah ruling that same-sex marriage is now legal, Mormon Apostle, Dallin H. Oaks (who was, prior to being called to his current Church position, Justice of the Utah Supreme Court), said the following:

“When our positions do not prevail, we should accept unfavorable results graciously, and practice civility with our adversaries.”

Yes, I think we must all be civil whatever the case. :)

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:
So obviously then, you are going to go back and try to prove your words? And actually prove me wrong rather then just claiming it? Yes?
Hi Ingledsva, I did prove my words by my post. I answered the question in this thread. My church is against same sex attraction and same sex marriage. I quoted scripture to support my opinion as well. What else would you like to debate about my post?

LOL!

You are going to have to tell me which of my posts you actually meant to answer?

That one was a reply to Bible Student, clear back on page 24, post # 236!

Are you both Norman, and Bible Student?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I don't need correcting.

I still do not understand your response to the question which was regarding how a lgbtq relationship could effect spiritual growth.