• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Allah God? Is that a silly question??

chinu

chinu
The one who belongs to ONLY muslims is neither Allah, nor God.
The one who belongs to ALL is God, and of course.. Allah. :)

danieldemol

Premium Member
Yes, Allah is one of countless Gods :) for Muslims they should of course only follow Allah as their God
At the risk of being off-topic, if there are countless gods shouldn't Muslims endeavour to find the best of the Gods to follow?

chinu

chinu
Yes, Allah is one of countless Gods :) for Muslims they should of course only follow Allah as their God

An idea of countless God's to me is like; "Sea" & "Beaches"

If the "Beaches" are "Sea", Of course "God's" are "God".

No matter, at which "Beach" you are at, you are at "God".

"Drop" (Soul) need to dive into the nearest "Beach".

After diving there's NO "Beach" only "Sea".

And now, the "Drop" (Soul) is one with "Sea" :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
At the risk of being off-topic, if there are countless gods shouldn't Muslims endeavour to find the best of the Gods to follow?
Well in my understanding, Allah and Muhammad are the founders of Islam so they are the best in that spiritual path. It is many people who come after them( in time) that failed to realize the truth of the teaching, and thereby made Islam seem like a bad spiritual path.
I do not say I understand Islam the correct way :) but I can not rule it out as a true teaching.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
An idea of countless God's to me is like; "Sea" & "Beaches"

If the "Beaches" are "Sea", Of course "God's" are "God".

No matter, at which "Beach" you are at, you are at "God".

"Drop" (Soul) need to dive into the nearest "Beach".

After diving there's NO "Beach" only "Sea".

And now, the "Drop" (Soul) is one with "Sea" :)
Many paths lead to one beach :oops:

firedragon

Veteran Member

What about Christians? The Arabic bible says "Allah". What about the Dasatir in arabic? It says Allah. What else could you say?

Sorry mate, your statement doesn't make sense. Think. Your statement "follow Allah as their God" if translated is "follow God as their God".

Doesn't make sense.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What about Christians? The Arabic bible says "Allah". What about the Dasatir in arabic? It says Allah. What else could you say?

Sorry mate, your statement doesn't make sense. Think. Your statement "follow Allah as their God" if translated is "follow God as their God".

Doesn't make sense.
I believe the names we call God, be it Allah, JHVH, Elohim and so forth is a human concept to understand what God we speak of.
Yes in Arabic Allah means God just as in English God is God.
But in my understanding, each religious/spiritual teaching has it's own God or Buddha that becomes the one we should follow to reach salvation or enlightenment through.

So each teaching should be followed the way it says, and in this discussion the teaching Muhammad (PBUH) and the God in Islam is Allah, so they do not have a personalised name of their God (as far as I know)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well in my understanding, Allah and Muhammad are the founders of Islam

Let me correct you if you dont mind. From an outsiders perspective you could say Muhammed founded Islam. Of course. But from the Islamic perspective, in the Quran it is repeatedly said over and over again that Muhammed is just another messenger who came to preach an age old theology. Thats from the Islamic perspective.

Also, the statement Allah and Muhammed founded Islam doesn't make any sense. God in the Islamic theology is the creator, so he did not found anything with Muhammed, God and his system existed with him, which makes Muhammed just one messenger who came recently. Again, that is from an Islamic, Quranic perspective, not from an outsiders perspective.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
If you translate the word Allah which is Arabic, this question would be "Is God God?"!

If one is unaware, one can be corrected but if you insist....
Yes, its rather redundant. Allah is simply the word for God in arabic. If you were an arabian christian, your Bible would also refer to God as Allah.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I believe the names we call God, be it Allah, JHVH, Elohim and so forth is a human concept to understand what God we speak of.
Yes in Arabic Allah means God just as in English God is God.

Again, Allah is just an arabic word for God or rather "The God". So your statement is not quite correct. I do understand that some people believe these are "names" but the Quranic perspective is never meant to denote a name to God. God, is simply God. He is one. So there is no name for him. The word Allah is a bit of a unique word so people have turned it into a proper name. Yet, Elohim is generally translated as Allah because El is considered a generic reference to any God or just a replacement of the word God.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Let me correct you if you dont mind. From an outsiders perspective you could say Muhammed founded Islam. Of course. But from the Islamic perspective, in the Quran it is repeatedly said over and over again that Muhammed is just another messenger who came to preach an age old theology. Thats from the Islamic perspective.

Also, the statement Allah and Muhammed founded Islam doesn't make any sense. God in the Islamic theology is the creator, so he did not found anything with Muhammed, God and his system existed with him, which makes Muhammed just one messenger who came recently. Again, that is from an Islamic, Quranic perspective, not from an outsiders perspective.
That's ok :) as said iI am no expert on Islam :) so of course my understanding can be wrong

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
If you translate the word Allah which is Arabic, this question would be "Is God God?"!

If one is unaware, one can be corrected but if you insist....
For some people Allah is god.
For some people Allah is not god.

Semantics does not help you.