• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony of the evolutionary belief

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
But you haven’t supported that assertion……………what you are expected to do is to quote my words (and the peer reviewed article) and show that I misrepresented something

Well most of my arguments on FT where taken from Luke A. Barnes and Roger Penrose…so your accusation is a lie, because these people are experts in the relevant fields
Interestingly enough, from what I read, the gang of those opposing those who do not believe in the proclaimed process of evolution is vociferous. In a way I am glad this happened on here because it really demonstrates mass opinion. That's all, she wrote.

leroy

Annoying thought just now. @leroy is right that a prediction does not have to follow logically from a hypothesis because a prediction is just a before speak and makes no claims to being logical in and of itself.
That we add the requirement of logical consistency with the hypothesis at hand is really just cultural practice and @leroy is not of our culture.

Now I will go make my first cup of coffee. :(
Strawman……… I am not talking about logical consistency; I am talking about logical necessity.

Predictions don’t have to be locally necessary.(that is my claim)

I agree that prediction have to be logically consistent (duh) you wont find a simple comment made by me where I affirm the opposite.

Are you going to admit your mistake? Are you going to admit that you made a straw man?...............just kidding. I know that admitting mistakes is strictly forbidden in your cult.

Banach-Tarski Paradox

You didn't pick on me for using Lemma but I will ask why you used the word prohibit?
And we did discuss morality in my HS physics class and decided gravity was amoral and not immoral but the class was divided on nuclear physics. :)

Well, I may be a second order Tarski student of sorts, but I don’t follow his lead in having Theorems only, with no Lemmas, Propositions, Corollaries, and whatnot.

As for gravity, only Humpty Dumpty can define gravity. Those who seek to define gravity must channel their inner Humpty Dumpty.

Defining Gravity (ft. Physics Girl & MALINDA) | A Capella Science​

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Strawman……… I am not talking about logical consistency; I am talking about logical necessity.

I agree that prediction have to be logically consistent (duh) you wont find a simple comment made by me where I affirm the opposite.

Are you going to admit your mistake? Are you going to admit that you made a straw man?...............just kidding. I know that admitting mistakes is strictly forbidden in your cult.

What is locally necessary?

Pogo

I hope it's a good cup of coffee. I think coffee beans need soil in which to grow. And from what I have read so far, life cannot exist without soil. Maybe I'm wrong, though. :) But enjoy your cup of coffee.
Since you brought it up you thought wrong and should educate yourself more.

Big Guns Coffee Farm​

I hope it's a good cup of coffee. I think coffee beans need soil in which to grow. And from what I have read so far, life cannot exist without soil. Maybe I'm wrong, though. :) But enjoy your cup of coffee.
Picture this: coffee plants thriving in a nutrient-rich solution instead of soil. That's hydroponic coffee farming, and it's revolutionizing the way we grow and enjoy our favorite beverage. And guess what? Big Guns Coffee Farm is at the forefront of this exciting movement!

B88D1DBC-7221-4475-B276-56109F1D8397_480x480.jpg

Led by the dynamic father-daughter duo of Motivational Speaker T. Shane Johnson and his amazing eight-year-old daughter Charli, Big Guns Coffee Farm is breaking new ground in the coffee industry. Charli, the brains behind the operation, built the first hydroponic coffee farm in North Carolina, making history!

☕

But it doesn't stop there. Our vision extends far beyond North Carolina's borders. As the second largest importer of coffee in the world, the United States has a thirst for the best beans. And that's where Big Guns Coffee Farm comes in—we aim to export our North Carolina hydroponically grown coffee to the world! ☕

Now, you might be wondering, "What exactly is hydroponic coffee?" Well, let us enlighten you. Instead of relying on soil, our hydroponic coffee plants grow in greenhouses, thriving in a liquid solution fortified with all the essential nutrients they need. This innovative method ensures healthier, more efficient growth, resulting in exceptional coffee quality. It's like giving your taste buds a front-row seat to the future of coffee! ☕

Brought to you by science and creative people who think. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
ok, I'm only going by what I read. "In fact, soils are the nation's – and the world's – breadbasket, providing food and a host of other necessities, including new medicines and materials. No soils, no life. Soils form over hundreds of years but can be destroyed by a single event, such as a hurricane." No soils, no life.
I'll revise my statement to say that human and animal life cannot live without soil. If you disagree, let me know, thank you.
A classic black and white logical fallacy.

Pogo

ok, I'm only going by what I read. "In fact, soils are the nation's – and the world's – breadbasket, providing food and a host of other necessities, including new medicines and materials. No soils, no life. Soils form over hundreds of years but can be destroyed by a single event, such as a hurricane." No soils, no life.
I'll revise my statement to say that human and animal life cannot live without soil. If you disagree, let me know, thank you.
" There is no God" The bible
Context is important.

Pogo

My mistake, I had the thought that maybe it was how you learned about logic that might have been a bridgeable problem, I see I was wrong, it is your lack of understanding of even your own words and the concomitant inability to consider your imperfection let alone admit it.

There, see it is not so hard to admit mistakes upon reevaluation of the evidence. :)

leroy

What is locally necessary?

Logical necessity: is that which is necessary by definition. Otherwise it is sometimes considered to be that which cannot possibly be false, or cannot be otherwise metaphysically Logical Necessity.

To say that a prediction is logically necessary means that the prediction MUST follow logically from the hypothesis (the opposite would be literally impossible)

For example from the hypothesis that John is a bachelor it follows logically that he doesn’t have a wife) this is logically necessary, the opposite would be impossible.

My point is that in science, predictions do not have to go as far as to be logically necessary……..predictions don’t have to be true by definition.

1 for example if the hypothesis is that you have a dog

2 I could predict that you buy dog food every once in a while.

Obviously this is not necessarily true……… but it is a valid prediction that if true would support the hypothesis.

leroy

My mistake, I had the thought that maybe it was how you learned about logic that might have been a bridgeable problem, I see I was wrong, it is your lack of understanding of even your own words and the concomitant inability to consider your imperfection let alone admit it.

There, see it is not so hard to admit mistakes upon reevaluation of the evidence. :)
The difference is that I can quote (and even put red letters) in your mistakes……………but so far you haven’t been capable of quoting a mistake made by me.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
To say that a prediction is logically necessary means that the prediction MUST follow logically from the hypothesis (the opposite would be literally impossible)

For example from the hypothesis that John is a bachelor it follows logically that he doesn’t have a wife) this is logically necessary, the opposite would be impossible.

My point is that in science, predictions do not have to go as far as to be logically necessary……..predictions don’t have to be true by definition.

1 for example if the hypothesis is that you have a dog

2 I could predict that you buy dog food every once in a while.

Obviously this is not necessarily true……… but it is a valid prediction that if true would support the hypothesis.

Yeah, I get now.
You confuse logically necessary with valid.

And if I am wrong you find the original text and I will admit it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, I may be a second order Tarski student of sorts, but I don’t follow his lead in having Theorems only, with no Lemmas, Propositions, Corollaries, and whatnot.

As for gravity, only Humpty Dumpty can define gravity. Those who seek to define gravity must channel their inner Humpty Dumpty.

I must have seen this but i had no ide who Physics Girl was at the time. Thanks for posting this.

Pogo

Whatever gets you through the night but I think I will put my copy of the Principia by my bed and see if it improves my sleep patterns.

Banach-Tarski Paradox

I must have seen this but i had no ide who Physics Girl was at the time. Thanks for posting this.

Occaisionally, somebody will make some silly statement attacking string theory, and ready to throw it into the trashbin of history.

But it doesn’t matter. It’s had an impact on mathematics, so at worse string theory will be banished to the math department.

We take discards from other subjects on occasion when other folks get tired of them.

So you can think of math departments as the trashbin of history, I suppose.

We don’t care if it’s fantasy. That’s somebody else’s obsession, not ours.

Bohemian Gravity | A Capella Science​

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The difference is that I can quote (and even put red letters) in your mistakes……………but so far you haven’t been capable of quoting a mistake made by me.
It's just sad, but it confirms so many things. Thanks.