• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

interpretation of some passages of scripture

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your changing scripture for your benefit without any grounds for doing so
According to you. According to you there ARE NO grounds for changing scripture because it was never done. Funny that I can do it. I might be an alien for real.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Key word is "might" but highly unlikely
BUT I know it is true that the ones feeling unloved by The Lord should continue, like I did.

This: The unloved by The Lord should have submitted, should endure the season [of feeling unloved] for everlasting life.....is TRUE.

Hebrews 12:11

Last edited:

anonymous9887

bible reader
BUT I know it is true that the ones feeling unloved by The Lord should continue, like I did.

This: The unloved by The Lord should have submitted, should endure the season [of feeling unloved] for forever.....is TRUE.
I don't know why you say you are unloved by god. Like you said god loves us all. I have been through that stage after deciding not to become a JW. But I don't hate god, but its sad that men could make those assumptions. But where were these men when we have our struggles?

anonymous9887

bible reader
According to you. According to you there ARE NO grounds for changing scripture because it was never done. Funny that I can do it. I might be an alien for real.
I didn't say that.
We have to look at maybe manuscript evidence, historical, or anything that may make us suspicious of a corruption of a certain text.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know why you say you are unloved by god. Like you said god loves us all. I have been through that stage after deciding not to become a JW. But I don't hate god, but its sad that men could make those assumptions. But where were these men when we have our struggles?
I WAS feeling unloved by God. God was very distant but I believed and trusted Jesus Christ. I endured all that and now I can say I feel loved by God. Not sometimes, but all the time.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't say that.
We have to look at maybe manuscript evidence, historical, or anything that may make us suspicious of a corruption of a certain text.
You are changing your colors. Cute! I thought your stand was that God protects the Bible from any corruption.

anonymous9887

bible reader
You are changing your colors. Cute! I thought your stand was that God protects the Bible from any corruption.
No I'm not changing my view, I have had these views since I started studying the Bible. In other words for any claim there has to be some type of evidence before making a choice.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No I'm not changing my view, I have had these views since I started studying the Bible. In other words for any claim there has to be some type of evidence before making a choice.
Are you saying that it is your opinion now that God does not protect the meaning of Scripture? In other words, God did not stop people from changing meaning and some words now do not reflect the truth?

anonymous9887

bible reader
Are you saying that it is your opinion now that God does not protect the meaning of Scripture? In other words, God did not stop people from changing meaning and some words now do not reflect the truth?
I am saying there is some meaningless scribal errors in the OT and the NT is complete

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am saying there is some meaningless scribal errors in the OT and the NT is complete
Whose job is it to make disciples, according to you? Every believer or only some believers or only those few people who heard Jesus say it? I would call not knowing a burden.

Matthew 23:4

anonymous9887

bible reader
Do you say someone thinks meaningless scribal errors means corruption? For you said this:
Well the thing is actually understanding the manuscript tradition. I believe the tradition protected the message. I've seen a few of these contradictions, and none have been significant enough to say the message is corrupted