• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

interpretation of some passages of scripture

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well to me you complicate things. to me it is fairly simple.

1. We have the word that is inspired of god
Because of the word which says it is inspired you believe it.
2. We have commands in the written word as to what is best for us
How is the difficulty and most of the time impossibility of making others believe in Jesus "good for us"? Also, please keep in mind what is written which is, Jehovah can save by many or by few.
3. you don't have to obey them, but you will experience the consequences of your actions. God is trying to spare you the misery
Good for you! I do not dare say what God is trying to do because it is kind of ridiculous that you think you know that. Believe it or not, I do not want to look ridiculous even for my perception of God and it is why God says I am not righteous. But.....you might be.
4. God is the creator of all things and knows all things of all things. So the inspired word that he commands us is for our personal benefit, because he knows what is best. Isaiah 48:17,18
I do not doubt it.

5. About why Jesus would not heal some people is simple. The Jews knew that Jesus was the messiah by the miracles they performed and the way he handled the Tanakh. Jesus went as far as telling them " i will answer your question if you will answer mine, the baptism of John the baptist was it from heaven or from men?" then they go on to say "we do not know" after they had reasoned in their minds the outcome. They rejected the messiah it was their own personal choice to reject him. You cant heal someone who does not want it. Accepting Jesus as the messiah would mean they would have to be submissive to god's son.
I think the people Jesus will not heal are the people who mislead others away from being healed.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So that the whole scripture will pop up please use this - between the first and the last scripture number.
For instance: not this; Isaiah 40:17,8, but like this; Isaiah 40:17-18

Last edited:

anonymous9887

bible reader
That makes no sense coming from you. You believe they are inspired. You believe they all are. To be true to yourself you mean, "I examine the words to determine that they are inspired". You begin your search looking for inspiration. I have looked at them looking for the truth.
Well not exactly, because I looked at the bible without bias. I read the information and determine whether or not it is inspired. The question becomes "what is the criteria for making such an assessment?"

anonymous9887

bible reader
Because of the word which says it is inspired you believe it.
How is the difficulty and most of the time impossibility of making others believe in Jesus "good for us"? Also, please keep in mind what is written which is, Jehovah can save by many or by few.
Good for you! I do not dare say what God is trying to do because it is kind of ridiculous that you think you know that. Believe it or not, I do not want to look ridiculous even for my perception of God and it is why God says I am not righteous. But.....you might be.
I do not doubt it.

I think the people Jesus will not heal are the people who mislead others away from being healed.
1. its up to each person to decide for themselves if it is inspired or not. People have to research, but more than anything pray to the creator for guidance. At the same time if a person determines the bible is or is not inspired, they need to show people the criteria for making such a choice. The thing is to provide evidence against it or for it, and try looking at it from both sides giving both a fair hearing.
2. by the way every time the word logos or logon is used it doesn't always mean Jesus. John 14:6 Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
3. I do boldly say god is sparing us the misery because:
- God only wants good for us
- Evil existing in the world is not god's doing (although he allows it)
- why would god tell us to be kind to others, or give certain commands if they are not beneficial? The god I know has wisdom behind his commands and direction. If we make our own path aside from what god has commanded, we will suffer the consequences of our own way. God is love, and he wants the best for all.
4. Im going to sum up a few points here. First off people are mislead because they want that, people have the ability to research, but they choose not to. God will not touch your free will, otherwise how is it free will? By no means am I righteous, but under undeserved kindness. God declares those righteous who live by faith, still god decides

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Paul Chavez I wonder if you understand that I believe some of what we call the Bible is inspired of God.
Where we differ is that you believe every word is inspired and true.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well not exactly, because I looked at the bible without bias. I read the information and determine whether or not it is inspired. The question becomes "what is the criteria for making such an assessment?"
Are you using the word bias correctly? It seems to me your bias is that it IS inspired. You check it and Voila! there it is, right according to YOUR prediction.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Paul Chavez You say Matthew 28:19 is inspired of God and that every command of God is good for us.

Can you tell me how it is good for me to believe that I must make other people believe in Jesus?

I understand that to persuade someone to believe in Jesus might be good for him.....but not always.
2 Peter 2:21

Last edited:

anonymous9887

bible reader
@Paul Chavez I wonder if you understand that I believe some of what we call the Bible is inspired of God.
Where we differ is that you believe every word is inspired and true.
Well we are still on square one, because we need some measure so to speak to measure what is inspired and what is not. otherwise it is our own ideas that tell us it is or is not inspired

anonymous9887

bible reader
@Paul Chavez You say Matthew 28:19 is inspired of God and that every command of God is good for us.

Can you tell me how it is good for me to believe that I must make other people believe in Jesus?

I understand that to persuade someone to believe in Jesus might be good for him.....but not always.
2 Peter 2:21
It is for their own good to know about god and Jesus. Again we are ambassadors for Christ, we are checking to see who wants a relationship and who doesnt. in a nut shell we are trying to help people make good choices

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well we are still on square one, because we need some measure so to speak to measure what is inspired and what is not. otherwise it is our own ideas that tell us it is or is not inspired
I think you mean that if it isn't all inspired it is up to each person to decide which isn't and which is. No! It is up to The Holy Spirit to let it be known.

Do you believe it was written under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit? I believe some was and some wasn't. Why do you believe that it can't be read under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit?
If people heard the Word of God to write it, why can't I hear the Word of God to understand it ?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is for their own good to know about god and Jesus. Again we are ambassadors for Christ, we are checking to see who wants a relationship and who doesnt. in a nut shell we are trying to help people make good choices
I understand that and I agree. YOU say it is good for ME. How is it good for me?

anonymous9887

bible reader
I think you mean that if it isn't all inspired it is up to each person to decide which isn't and which is. No! It is up to The Holy Spirit to let it be known.

Do you believe it was written under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit? I believe some was and some wasn't. Why do you believe that it can't be read under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit?
If people heard the Word of God to write it, why can't I hear the Word of God to understand it ?
-In a previous post i made it clear that praying to god about these matters is essential.
-yes you are right that holy spirit reveals things to us, but its our choice whether or not we accept the truth. the truth is the truth.
-What you are saying is god has some type of divine relationship with you and you just know. The truth usually has some really good reasoning behind it, along with evidence.
- of course you can understand god's word.
- the thing here is you dont believe the whole bible is inspired. You have to provide a criteria and a solid basis to disprove a text is not inspired, and vise versa.
- you cant just say I feel this is not inspired of god! you have to have a solid basis for doing so.
- To be fair, you would have to take the bible book by book and decide why this book possibly could not be inspired. line upon line, precept upon precept. For example Isaiah 40:22, why is this text inspired or not inspired. But to be quite honest if any book is inspired it is the book of Isaiah.

anonymous9887

bible reader
I understand that and I agree. YOU say it is good for ME. How is it good for me?
It is good for people to build their faith in god. The bible displays gods thoughts and past experiences with mankind which we can examine. eternal salvation. What else can I really say? Also if you apply god's word today, you will experience the benefits.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hello, I have been looking at these passages for quite some time, i am curious to see what other serious bible students interpret and when these passages take place.
Matthew 24:45
Revelation 11:2-3
Revelation 12:6,14
Revelation 13:5-6

First of all, the setting for Revelation is for our day or time frame - Revelation 1:10
The major fulfilment of Matthew 24 and Matthew 25 is also connected to our day or time frame.
We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Satan was already cast out of heaven - Revelation 12:9; Revelation 12:12
We are at the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14 because the good news of God's kingdom government has now been proclaimed on an international scale as never before in history.
We are also nearing the ' final signal ' of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 when ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying 'Peace and Security' as a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.
- Revelation 22:2

anonymous9887

bible reader
First of all, the setting for Revelation is for our day or time frame - Revelation 1:10
The major fulfilment of Matthew 24 and Matthew 25 is also connected to our day or time frame.
We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Satan was already cast out of heaven - Revelation 12:9; Revelation 12:12
We are at the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14 because the good news of God's kingdom government has now been proclaimed on an international scale as never before in history.
We are also nearing the ' final signal ' of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 when ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying 'Peace and Security' as a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.
- Revelation 22:2
If Satan was already cast out of heaven, why will he all of a sudden get worse during the great tribulation?
what do you mean the good news is already on an international scale? There are 4,500 Major languages, the bible is available in 2,800 languages by bible translating foundations.
by the way you really need to check out how much the bible was available from 100 AD to present, its not like others make it sound.

If you are a Jehovah's witness that is well versed in 1914 I have a few questions about it, maybe you can clear up some things for me.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.

Observation.

John 6:43-46

Jesus answered, therefore, and said to them, "Murmur not one with another; no one is able to come unto me, if the Father who sent me may not draw him. I will raise him up in the last day; it is having been written in the prophets, 'And they shall be all taught of God;' every one therefore who heard from the Father, and learned, cometh to me; not that any one hath seen the Father, except he who is from God, he hath seen the Father."

All are being taught by God. For this reason, certain members pray in futility, "Lead us not into temptation," of evil. Ignorance leads to the temptation of evil, but God leads the Son of Man in wisdom.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Observation.

John 6:43-46

Jesus answered, therefore, and said to them, "Murmur not one with another; no one is able to come unto me, if the Father who sent me may not draw him. I will raise him up in the last day; it is having been written in the prophets, 'And they shall be all taught of God;' every one therefore who heard from the Father, and learned, cometh to me; not that any one hath seen the Father, except he who is from God, he hath seen the Father."

All are being taught by God. For this reason, certain members pray in futility, "Lead us not into temptation," of evil. Ignorance leads to the temptation of evil, but God leads the Son of Man in wisdom.
Context: Jesus was saying he is the bread from heaven and they said this speech is shocking, they did not believe.

The bible says: to prove all things
1 thessalonians 5:21, Acts 17:11 , proverbs 14:15, 1 John 4:1

Provide a defense: 1 Peter 3:15

But: I agree that the father grants access John 6:65.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If Satan was already cast out of heaven, why will he all of a sudden get worse during the great tribulation?
what do you mean the good news is already on an international scale? There are 4,500 Major languages, the bible is available in 2,800 languages by bible translating foundations.
by the way you really need to check out how much the bible was available from 100 AD to present, its not like others make it sound.
If you are a Jehovah's witness that is well versed in 1914 I have a few questions about it, maybe you can clear up some things for me.

Things will get worse during the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14. ( darkest before the dawn )
Satan knows he has a short or limited amount of time left - Revelation 12:12 B
Things go from bad to worse because of demonic influence - 2 Timothy 3:13
So, Not necessarily meaning Satan gets worse but world conditions get worse - 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3
When ' they' ( powers that be ) will b saying "peace and Security " that is just a precursor to the coming great tribulation. We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,37

Also, there are many remote Bible-translation offices. Modern technology has now made rapid Bible translation possible so people can have access to Scripture in their own mother tongue or native language.

Did you ever check with www.jw.org about 1914 or see jwbroadcasting ?

anonymous9887

bible reader
Things will get worse during the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14. ( darkest before the dawn )
Satan knows he has a short or limited amount of time left - Revelation 12:12 B
Things go from bad to worse because of demonic influence - 2 Timothy 3:13
So, Not necessarily meaning Satan gets worse but world conditions get worse - 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3
When ' they' ( powers that be ) will b saying "peace and Security " that is just a precursor to the coming great tribulation. We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,37

Also, there are many remote Bible-translation offices. Modern technology has now made rapid Bible translation possible so people can have access to Scripture in their own mother tongue or native language.

Did you ever check with www.jw.org about 1914 or see jwbroadcasting ?
Yes there is not enough information on what I want to ask.

Here is the point I was making:
1. First Just looking at the simple Grammar. Parousia= Presence, and Erchomai= coming. the way it is used in scripture, is they are present after their arrival (coming).
2. When Christ comes at the great tribulation that will be a period of time. So if you are alive during the great tribulation you would say Christ is present.
3. yes but the society only has 300 languages tops on a bible translation. this is why I cannot accept the faithful slave as being the only organization doing the feeding if there are other organizations printing the bible in 2,800 languages.