• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I'd certainly rather pee off the roof than jump.
Depends upon the parameters in question.

I love jumping off the roof/balcony into a huge drift of freshly fallen powder snow.
But not if it has been peed in....

OASN:
powder snow is much safer and easier on the body to jump into (especially off a roof/balcony) than leaves.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
There's a largest fossilized human poop:

There's a penis museum in Iceland.

Has over 200 penises from many different animals...some guy started collecting them as a joke and it got out of hand into a serious hobby. It's apparently a great place to learn about the mating practices of different animal species

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
There's a penis museum in Iceland.

Has over 200 penises from many different animals...some guy started collecting them as a joke and it got out of hand into a serious hobby. It's apparently a great place to learn about the mating practices of different animal species
A penis museum... that made me laugh. :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Of the 3 stray cats that have adopted us 2 are comfortable with a roof over their heads, particularly in winter, 1 will only come indoors after a cold night, he'll warm himself up and have breakfast then disappear again.
The weather is warmer so he won't enter the house and eats outside now.
This morning i went downstairs and our true stray was sprawled out on the rug. I have no idea how long he'd been there but he looked completely relaxed as only a cat can.

Interesting? Well i think so and such a heartwarming sight before coffee.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Is fog interesting? If so you're in for a treat because it was very foggy when I walked the mutt.

1711572055851.jpeg

1711572085643.jpeg

Heyo

Veteran Member
Of the 3 stray cats that have adopted us 2 are comfortable with a roof over their heads, particularly in winter, 1 will only come indoors after a cold night, he'll warm himself up and have breakfast then disappear again.
The weather is warmer so he won't enter the house and eats outside now.
This morning i went downstairs and our true stray was sprawled out on the rug. I have no idea how long he'd been there but he looked completely relaxed as only a cat can.

Interesting? Well i think so and such a heartwarming sight before coffee.
I recently also have a stray around the house (and inside). He (I assume it's a tomcat as he has some orange in his black fur) comes in and eats from the food but vanishes as soon as he sees me. Gonna trap him next week and take him to the vet.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I recently also have a stray around the house (and inside). He (I assume it's a tomcat as he has some orange in his black fur) comes in and eats from the food but vanishes as soon as he sees me. Gonna trap him next week and take him to the vet.

Good luck with that, we took a stray to the vets last week, i still have the scars.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Had an almond milk based yogurt and it was really good.

Almond milk has been used as a milk substitute since Mediaeval times and appears in Johnson's dictionary under the entry for milk.
That's cool. And here I thought it was a new thing...

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
That's cool. And here I thought it was a new thing...
It's cool Almond milk: A medieval obsession — SECONDS | Food history

'Almond milk appears as an ingredient in pretty much every medieval European cookbook. In fact, it’s been claimed that it was the single most important ingredient in late medieval cookery.

But the almond and its milk weren’t cheap (some might say they could cost you an almond a leg). For much of northern Europe, which imported the nut from sunnier climes, it was a pricey, exotic ingredient that appeared mainly on the tables of the nobility.

While it wasn’t the cheapest food, the taste of almond milk may have been more prevalent than cow’s. Afterall, for most of history, people risked their health by drinking cow’s milk, which spoiled easily and could lead to a host of nasty diseases. Instead, most people consumed milk in the form of cheese and butter, or, where possible and affordable, used almond milk as an alternative.'

'Almond milk’s popularity in medieval Europe was in part down to the continent's Christian faith and the dietary restrictions that came with it. At various times of the year - including every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and the 40 days of Lent - consuming dairy was forbidden. (As was eating meat and having sex.)

Almond milk offered a useful and tasty alternative. It could be added to a range of dishes in place of milk, allowing it to take centre stage in fast day dinners. It could even be turned into ‘almond cheese’ and a faux butter, by combining it with salt, sugar and vinegar (which, let’s be honest, sounds more wholesome than some of the dairy alternatives on offer today).'