• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Say something interesting.

I don't care what it is.

It can be something you found in your couch cushions, something that happened when you were 5, or a trivial fact you haven't had the opportunity to share in awhile. Or anything else you can think of, so long as its interesting!

Go!

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
My favorite, or at least in the top ten, book quotes: This one is from As I Lay Dying, by William Faulkner -- I hope you can read cursive. LOL
Screenshot_20240322_134820_Gallery.jpg

RestlessSoul

I learned something interesting on a recent trip to Normandy. William the Conqueror, known to the English as a Norman interloper, is celebrated in Normandie as an empire builder, law giver, and warrior for Christianity. He is known in the magnificent medeaval city of Rouen as “Guillame Le Conquerant.”

His presence, and that of Joan of Arc - Ste Jeanne d’Arc - can be seen and felt everywhere in Rouen. And a visit to the heart of Normandy brought home to me a certain historic commonality between French and English culture.

@Rival , if you haven’t been to Rouen yet, you truly must, I think you’d love it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My favorite, or at least in the top ten, book quotes: This one is from As I Lay Dying, by William Faulkner -- I hope you can read cursive. LOLView attachment 89709

Talking of book quotes, i would love to read.

"It was the day that the pope forgot to take her birth control pill."

I never have and i am unlikely to but it's an interesting dream i think.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I learned something interesting on a recent trip to Normandy. William the Conqueror, known to the English as a Norman interloper, is celebrated in Normandie as an empire builder, law giver, and warrior for Christianity. He is known in the magnificent medeaval city of Rouen as “Guillame Le Conquerant.”

His presence, and that of Joan of Arc - Ste Jeanne d’Arc - can be seen and felt everywhere in Rouen. And a visit to the heart of Normandy brought home to me a certain historic commonality between French and English culture.

@Rival , if you haven’t been to Rouen yet, you truly must, I think you’d love it.
Indeed, I want to. I have a historical crush on Wilelm.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Say something interesting.

I don't care what it is.

It can be something you found in your couch cushions, something that happened when you were 5, or a trivial fact you haven't had the opportunity to share in awhile. Or anything else you can think of, so long as its interesting!

Go!
We just got home. We, and several others had a flight cancellation from San Fran to Edmonton. That little group of 80 people (reduced over time) from extremely different backgrounds soon became a new sort of tight little club on our own simply by being on a plane, then off a plane, then standing around waiting for something to happen, for many hours. It was interesting to me how the 'village' formed so quickly, yet dissipated entirely just 29 hours later. How one unique experience bonds!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
We just got home. We, and several others had a flight cancellation from San Fran to Edmonton. That little group of 80 people (reduced over time) from extremely different backgrounds soon became a new sort of tight little club on our own simply by being on a plane, then off a plane, then standing around waiting for something to happen, for many hours. It was interesting to me how the 'village' formed so quickly, yet dissipated entirely just 29 hours later. How one unique experience bonds!
How was the trip?