• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interested in Being a Bahai

Hello ! If any reader read some of my last posts i mentionned that i researched almost all religions when i was christian before becoming Shia Muslim. After Leaving Shiaism i felt a great void and i couldnt find the right faithi. I now started to Read on Bahaism and it seems very interesting as it ressembles Shia Islam but without the Imam Mahdi thing. I believe in unity of religions and unity of mankind but there is two things i dont understand : What is the concept of God ? I understand it is monotheistic but it seems that Bahaullah has a more important position than God and i even read that he declared himself as God. is there any stress put on Tawhid(Monotheism ) as Islam does or not ? Second why the empashis on interracial mariages. It seems that a lot of whites out of white guilt seems to like it for this reason.. i would like to discuss with bahais and maybe meet them (i live in Montreal , Canada

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
Hello ! If any reader read some of my last posts i mentionned that i researched almost all religions when i was christian before becoming Shia Muslim. After Leaving Shiaism i felt a great void and i couldnt find the right faithi. I now started to Read on Bahaism and it seems very interesting as it ressembles Shia Islam but without the Imam Mahdi thing. I believe in unity of religions and unity of mankind but there is two things i dont understand : What is the concept of God ? I understand it is monotheistic but it seems that Bahaullah has a more important position than God and i even read that he declared himself as God. is there any stress put on Tawhid(Monotheism ) as Islam does or not ? Second why the empashis on interracial mariages. It seems that a lot of whites out of white guilt seems to like it for this reason.. i would like to discuss with bahais and maybe meet them (i live in Montreal , Canada

Your decision to explore the Bahá’í Faith is very groovy, man! To answer your question about monotheism in our religion, I'll offer you some basic points about our beliefs about God, try to answer any questions you have, and give you a link to the section of the official website of the Bahá’í International Community (as well as a few others) dealing with this subject.

- We are very much monotheistic, like Islam. The unity of God is a core tenet of our faith as Bahá’ís.

- Concerning God, knowledge of His Essence can never be fully understood or fathomed by human beings. This is why there are so many different conceptions as to who or what constitutes God, and also why we don't believe that other conceptions than our own are wrong. They're all, in the end, valid but inaccurate!

- Any knowledge that we do have of God, His Nature, Will, and Purpose for us we have because of His Messengers (termed ‘Manifestations of the Names and Attributes of God’ or shorter, ‘Manifestations of God’, counted among whom are the Founders or Major Figures of the world's major religions).

*As an aside, this is where I think you got confused about Bahá’u’lláh's Station. But don't worry, dude! ;) I didn't get yhis concept the first time I came across it, either.

- Because of that inaccessibility, we don't believe that any of the Messengers of God are God. We don't equate them with God.

- These Messengers of God, these ‘Sanctified Mirrors’ of whom Bahá’u’lláh is the latest (not the last), ‘will everlastingly succeed each other, and continue to reflect the Light of the Ancient of Days.

- In each and every parcel of creation, at least one of God's Names and Attributes are reflected. Though, in human beings, all of them are made manifest. In this way, human beings are made in God's Image, as is confirmed in our Holy Writings.

Some links which, I know will really help you in your exploration:

http://www.bahai.org/beliefs/god-his-creation/revelation/
http://www.bahai.org/beliefs/god-his-creation/revelation/unknowable-god
http://www.bahai.org/beliefs/god-his-creation/revelation/manifestations-god
http://www.bahai.org/beliefs/god-his-creation/revelation/purpose-religion
http://www.bahai.org/beliefs/god-his-creation/revelation/coming-age-humanity
https://bahaikipedia.org/God

As for interracial marriage, the simple reason why this, as well as interfaith marriage, is strongly celebrated and encouraged is because it promotes the unity of humankind, which is another central tenet in the Bahá’í Faith. :)

Unfortunately, bruh, I won't be able to be of much help in locating Bahá’ís in Montreal...but this will!

http://www.ca.bahai.org

Happy explorin’, and good luck on your search! If you have any other questions about the Bahá’í Faith, and you're on the Forums, don't hesitate to ask me, or my ‘partners in crime’ :eek: :
@arthra, @InvestigateTruth, and @loverofhumanity.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I'd dig if I could share a quote with you from one of Bahá’u’lláh's Writings called The Seven Valleys and Four Valleys.

“The steed of this Valley
[The Valley of Search] is patience.”

P.S. If you wanna get your fet wet in exploring the Bahá’í Faith, I would highly recommend the text Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh. For me, it was and is an everlasting treasure!

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer as best I can as I'm a Baha'i also.

We believe that there's only one God and He sent His Messengers from time to time to humanity to guide us. Today He has sent Baha'u'llah to help the different races, religions and nations learn how to live in peace.

arthra

Baha'i
there is two things i dont understand : What is the concept of God ? I understand it is monotheistic but it seems that Bahaullah has a more important position than God and i even read that he declared himself as God. is there any stress put on Tawhid(Monotheism ) as Islam does or not ? Second why the empashis on interracial mariages. It seems that a lot of whites out of white guilt seems to like it for this reason.. i would like to discuss with bahais and maybe meet them (i live in Montreal , Canada

Well from the above Romanian it seems you have a lot to explore and we are most thankful for your questions! Baha'u'llah never revealed that He "has a more important position that God".... The following quotes may help in your search:

XX. Know thou of a certainty that the Unseen can in no wise incarnate His Essence and reveal it unto men. He is, and hath ever been, immensely exalted beyond all that can either be recounted or perceived. From His retreat of glory His voice is ever proclaiming: "Verily, I am God; there is none other God besides Me, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. I have manifested Myself unto men, and have sent down Him Who is the Day Spring of the signs of My Revelation. Through Him I have caused all creation to testify that there is none other God except Him, the Incomparable, the All-Informed, the All-Wise." He Who is everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men can never be known except through His Manifestation, and His Manifestation can adduce no greater proof of the truth of His Mission than the proof of His own Person.

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 49)

Certain ones among you have said: "He it is Who hath laid claim to be God." By God! This is a gross calumny. I am but a servant of God Who hath believed in Him and in His signs, and in His Prophets and in His angels. My tongue, and My heart, and My inner and My outer being testify that there is no God but Him, that all others have been created by His behest, and been fashioned through the operation of His Will. There is none other God but Him, the Creator, the Raiser from the dead, the Quickener, the Slayer. I am He that telleth abroad the favors with which God hath, through His bounty, favored Me. If this be My transgression, then I am truly the first of the transgressors. I and My kindred are at your mercy. Do ye as ye please, and be not of them that hesitate, that I might return to God My Lord, and reach the place where I can no longer behold your faces. This, indeed, is My dearest wish, My most ardent desire. Of My state God is, verily, sufficiently informed, observant.

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 227)

Baha'is do approve of inter-racial marriages because we accept the oneness of humanity and believe racial prejudices should be eliminated:

"In regard to your question concerning the nature and character of Bahá'í marriage. As you have rightfully stated, such a marriage is conditioned upon the full approval of all four parents. Also your statement to the effect that the principle of oneness of mankind prevents any true Bahá'í from regarding race itself as a bar to union is in complete accord with the Teachings of the Faith on this point. For both Bahá'u'lláh and 'Abdu'l-Bahá never disapproved of the idea of inter-racial marriage, nor discouraged it. The Bahá'í Teachings, indeed, by their very nature transcend all limitations imposed by race, and as such can and should never identified with any particular school of racial philosophy."

(From letter of the Guardian to the National Spiritual Assembly of the United States and Canada, January 27, 1935: Bahá'í News, No. 90, p. 1, March 1935)

(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 386)

When Abdul-Baha visited the United States in 1912 racial segregation was rampant and widespread.... Even our nation's capital had separate bathrooms, separate drinking fountains and separate doors to enter public establishments and today praise be to God much of this segregation has been abandoned!

The whole world must be looked upon as one single country, all the nations as one nation, all men as belonging to one race. Religions, races, and nations are all divisions of man's making only, and are necessary only in his thought; before God there are neither Persians, Arabs, French nor English; God is God for all, and to Him all creation is one. We must obey God, and strive to follow Him by leaving all our prejudices and bringing about peace on earth.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 134)

By all means contact the Montreal Baha'is!

http://bahaimontreal.org/en-ca

arthra

Baha'i
Needless to say that this sectarian was founded by England like wahhabi groups in sunny Muslims to make conflict between Shia and sunny
This religion was founded less than 2 centuries
So how can be trusted while Shia twelver was founded when prophet muhammad peace be upon him was alive

Thanks for your post "interminable" and welcome to the Baha'i Forum!

I'm going to provide you with a source for your information that will hopefully assist you in your study of the origins of the Baha'i Faith:

http://bahai-library.com/brief_history_bahai_faith

http://www.bahaullah.org/

You can also have access to more detailed information with a search engine at

http://bahai-library.com/

The first and only British scholar to interview Baha'u'llah was Edward Granville Browne who first learned about the Baha'i Faith in 1885 and he interviewed Baha'u'llah in Akka in 1890. So any thought that "this sectarian was founded by England" must be set aside.

Source:

http://bahai-library.com/momen_encyclopedia_browne

interminable

منتظر
Thanks for your post "interminable" and welcome to the Baha'i Forum!

I'm going to provide you with a source for your information that will hopefully assist you in your study of the origins of the Baha'i Faith:

http://bahai-library.com/brief_history_bahai_faith

http://www.bahaullah.org/

You can also have access to more detailed information with a search engine at

http://bahai-library.com/

The first and only British scholar to interview Baha'u'llah was Edward Granville Browne who first learned about the Baha'i Faith in 1885 and he interviewed Baha'u'llah in Akka in 1890. So any thought that "this sectarian was founded by England" must be set aside.

Source:

http://bahai-library.com/momen_encyclopedia_browne
Sir
Would you please tell me what are deferences between this sectarian and Shia?

If u are going to deny that he didn't tell I'm god so why our scholars condemned this sectarian and called them unbelievers?????
In Iran what is very common about this sectarian is that first he claimed I'm a deputy of promised savior then gradually told I'm promised himself and then claimed I'm a prophet and after that became a god

If he didn't have such things please tell me why a new sectarian???

Generally if he isn't a new prophet so who is he
If he is a new prophet what's his miracle???

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Here are some statements from Baha'u'llah which clearly state He is not God.

"I was but a man like others, asleep upon My couch, when lo, the breezes of the All-Glorious were wafted over Me, and taught Me the knowledge of all that hath been. This thing is not from Me, but from One Who is Almighty and All-Knowing. And He bade Me lift up My voice between earth and heaven, "

When I contemplate, O my God, the relationship that bindeth me to Thee, I am moved to proclaim to all created things ‘verily I am God!’; and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!”

arthra

Baha'i
If u are going to deny that he didn't tell I'm god so why our scholars condemned this sectarian and called them unbelievers?????
In Iran what is very common about this sectarian is that first he claimed I'm a deputy of promised savior then gradually told I'm promised himself and then claimed I'm a prophet and after that became a god

You will need I think oh "interminable" to investigate this matter for yourself and not simply trust your "scholars". I've already supplied you with a few sources for you to explore... There is a principle of the Baha'i Faith called "the independent investigation of truth"... Let me share with you what that means:

Among these teachings was the independent investigation of reality so that the world of humanity may be saved from the darkness of imitation and attain to the truth; may tear off and cast away this ragged and outgrown garment of 1,000 years ago and may put on the robe woven in the utmost purity and holiness in the loom of reality.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - p. 285)

The first principle of Bahá'u'lláh is independent investigation of truth, that is, all the nations of the world have to investigate after truth independently and turn their eyes from the moribund blind imitations of the past ages entirely. Truth is one when it is independently investigated, it does not accept division. Therefore the independent investigation of truth will lead to the oneness of the world of humanity.

(Compilations, Japan Will Turn Ablaze, p. 35)

Independent investigation of truth
No man should follow blindly his ancestors and forefathers. Nay, each must see with his own eyes, hear with his own ears, and investigate truth in order that he may find the Truth; whereas the religion of forefathers and ancestors is based upon blind imitation-man should investigate the truth.

(SOW - Star of the West, Star of the West - 6)

InvestigateTruth

Sir
Would you please tell me what are deferences between this sectarian and Shia?

If he didn't have such things please tell me why a new sectarian???

Generally if he isn't a new prophet so who is he
If he is a new prophet what's his miracle???

In Iran, they feel threatened a new Religion came after Islam, this is why they make up false accussations against Bahai Faith, so people may not join.

To investigate the Bahai Faith, takes quite some time. I think you should read the Bahai Writings and its history from the right sources.

In Bahai belief, the Bab and Bahaullah, are two Menifestations of God fulfilling the Prophecies of Qaim, Return of Jesus, and return of Imam Hossain. Their Books are considered, their proof.

God may give different mission or station to a Prophet.
For example Abraham was a Prophet, a Messenger and an Imam or khalif. The Bab similarly was given different stations depending on His mission.
My suggestion is, you read their writings and history for yourself and deside for yourself.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Sir
Claiming something and writing a book simply doesn't mean that they are prophets
I told u mystery is an ocean who don't have master shouldn't involve themselves in it
U know , why can't I claim I'm prophet of God and write a book full of misspellings and without any miracles

I tell u that u don't need to read our documents about this sectarian and no need for u to tell me that I have to read your documents
I want u to answer my two questions that I asked!
Was he prophet or not
If no so he was like me and u
If yes what's his miracle that Noone can bring like it????

U just skip answering to this very important question

That's what all Prophets did when They first appeared. Muhammad revealed the Quran over a 23 year period and Islam became great after centuries. It took Christianity 300 years before Constantine made it the state religion.

The Baha'i Faith is only 173 years old. Over 20,000 were martyred in the early history.

Baha'u'llah was the Promised One of the Quran, I know the verses well. How did Muhammad or Christ prove They were Prophets in their early days? Their Person and Their Teachings.

Baha'u'llah's Person and life are one proof but you have to read about His life. And the other proof like all the Prophets are His Teachings.

He wrote Tablets to Kings warning them of their downfall if they did change their cruel ways and those Kings lost their kingdoms all in Bahaullah's Lifetime soon after receiving His Tablets.

The Ottoman Empire persecuted Baha'u'llah and later collapsed and Bahaullah's Cause is becoming exalted. These Kings and their Kingdoms all disappeared while the Cause of Baha'u'llah endures. They used all their might and wealth to try and bring about the downfall of Baha'u'llah but it was them that had their downfall not Baha'u'llah.

This is only one miracle of Baha'u'llah and proof of His truth.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Sir
Please be aware that miracle is something that Noone can bring like that
These examples that u mentioned are just a common and natural event that happen for every kingdom at least for most of them
Imam khomeini prognosticated the dissolution of sovient but this doesn't prove that he was a Messenger
And there are lots of weird people that can prognosticate the future even by dream
This is not a miracle
Even an Iranian prominent mystic says if someone can walk on water or go from west to east in no time u can't trust him
Because these matters are common for those who begin to reach god and like to be gnostic

The greatest miracle of the Prophets is they can change hearts. Can you change millions of hearts towards God? Towards virtue and holiness? Can politicians and Kings do it? No one on earth can change hearts like the Prophets.

If you're asking for proof and reject every proof saying it's not proof then what kind of proof are you looking for?

A Prophet is not a magician or a circus performer. He comes to change hearts from sinners to saints. That is what Baha'u'llah did.

InvestigateTruth

Sir
Claiming something and writing a book simply doesn't mean that they are prophets

Not according to Messengers of God. For example, see what Prophet Muhammad revealed in the Quran:

"Is it not sufficient for them that We have sent down to you the Book (the Quran)" Quran 29:51

“O thou untutored one! By what proof hast thou embraced the Religion of Islám? Is it the Prophet on whom thou hast never set eyes? Is it the miracles which thou hast never witnessed? If thou hast accepted Islám unwittingly, wherefore hast thou done so? But if thou hast embraced the Faith by recognizing the Qur’án as the testimony, because thou hast heard the learned and the faithful express their powerlessness before it, or if thou hast, upon hearing the divine verses and by virtue of thy spontaneous love for the True Word of God, responded in a spirit of utter humility and lowliness—a spirit which is one of the mightiest signs of true love and understanding—then such proofs have been and will ever be regarded as sound.” The Bab

I told u mystery is an ocean who don't have master shouldn't involve themselves in it
U know , why can't I claim I'm prophet of God and write a book full of misspellings and without any miracles

I tell u that u don't need to read our documents about this sectarian and no need for u to tell me that I have to read your documents
We have a different view. We believe we need to investigate the Truth by reading the Books, and History of a Faith and decide. We should not just listen to what most people tell us.

"The evidences which the people demanded from the Apostle of God through their idle fancy have mostly been rejected in the Qur’án, even as in the Súrih of the Children of Israel [Súrih 17] it hath been revealed: “And they say, by no means will we believe on thee till thou cause a fountain to gush forth for us from the earth; or till thou have a garden of palm trees and vines, and thou cause rivers to spring forth from the midst thereof in abundance; or thou cause the heaven to fall down upon us, as thou hast given out, in pieces; or thou bring God and the angels to vouch for thee; or thou have a house of gold; or thou ascend to heaven nor will we believe in thine ascension, till thou send down to us a book which we may read. Say, Praise be to my Lord! Am I more than a man, an apostle?” Now be fair! The Arabs uttered such words, and now, prompted by thy desire, thou dost demand yet other things? What is the difference between thee and them? If thou dost ponder awhile, it will be evident that it is incumbent upon a lowly servant to acquiesce to whatever proof God hath appointed, and not to follow his own idle fancy. If the wishes of the people were to be gratified not a single disbeliever would remain on earth. For once the Apostle of God had fulfilled the wishes of the people they would unhesitatingly have embraced His Faith. May God save thee, shouldst thou seek any evidence according to thy selfish desire; rather it behooveth thee to uphold the unfailing proof which God hath appointed. The object of thy belief in God is but to secure His good-pleasure. How then dost thou seek as a proof of thy faith a thing which hath been and is contrary to His good-pleasure?" The Bab

I want u to answer my two questions that I asked!
Was he prophet or not
I already answered your question. I said, The Bab and Baha'u'llah fulfilled the Prophecies and yes, they are Messengers of God, with new Book for this Age.

If no so he was like me and u
No, in our view, He was not like regular human beings. They are Manifestations of God, which means they knew all things without studying.

If yes what's his miracle that Noone can bring like it????

All Messengers of God, rejected performing Miracles.
See what Jesus said:

"A wicked and adulterous generation demands a sign, but none will be given it ... " Matt. 12:39

But, as regards to what they did, that non can bring like it, that is Their Book!

U just skip answering to this very important question
Which one?

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Sir
Please be aware that miracle is something that Noone can bring like that

Yes, for example, Quran is a considered a Miracle, because its says no one can bring Surrah like it.
The Bab revealed a Book called Qayyoum-alasma, with Surras like Quran.
If you truely believe that no one other than God can bring Surrahs like Quran, then, when the Bab revealed Surrah like Quran, how could the Surrahs be from anyone else other than God? Have you read the Qayyoum-alasma? It is free from error, and the Surrahs and verses are like Quran. If you have not read them, then, how do you know it is not Mirracle?

These examples that u mentioned are just a common and natural event that happen for every kingdom at least for most of them
Imam khomeini prognosticated the dissolution of sovient but this doesn't prove that he was a Messenger
And there are lots of weird people that can prognosticate the future even by dream
This is not a miracle
Even an Iranian prominent mystic says if someone can walk on water or go from west to east in no time u can't trust him
Because these matters are common for those who begin to reach god and like to be gnostic

You consider Khomeini or Khameneyee Imams?
Have you not read the Shia Hadithes from the Holy Imams, that if someone believes there is 13 or 14 Imams, he would be misguided?
There are only 12 Imams in true Shia. Not 13 or 14... Not Khomaini or khameneyee!
The 11th Imam was Hasan Askari. The 12th Imam has already come. He is the Bab. I suggest you investigate without bias and learn for yourself..
Eventhough He was only 25, and was not a learned or clergy, yet He revealed verses in Arabic in the style of Quran. That is how so many who witnessed, became believers.
The Mullas however were demanding Miracles, similar to how Jewish leaders demanded Miracles from Jesus, or the Arabs demanded Miracles from Muhammad.
The Mullahs were also very focused on the outward form of words, instead of paying attentions to the meanings of the verses of the Bab. This is why, the Bab in some of His Tablets, mislead them, by revealing some verses, intentionally with different grammatical rules or spelling.
Have you read the Quran? Allah misleads the unbelievers!!!

Last edited:

arthra

Baha'i
Baha'u'llah also received His commission from the Almighty while He was in the Syal Chal prison in Teheran in chains awaiting His execution in 1853...

These are His words while His body was weighed down by chains:

"We are about to shift from this most remote place of banishment* unto the prison of 'Akká. And, according to what they say, it is assuredly the most desolate of the cities of the world, the most unsightly of them in appearance, the most detestable in climate, and the foulest in water; it is as though it were the metropolis of the owl; there is not heard from its regions aught save the sound of its hooting. And in it they intend to imprison the Servant, and to shut in Our faces the doors of leniency and take away from Us the good things of the life of the world during what remaineth of Our days. By God, though weariness should weaken Me, and hunger should destroy Me, though My couch should be made of the hard rock and My associates of the beasts of the desert, I will not blench, but will be patient, as the resolute and determined are patient, in the strength of God, the King of Preexistence, the Creator of the nations; and under all circumstances I give thanks unto God. And We hope of His graciousness (exalted is He) the freedom of Our necks from chains and shackles in this imprisonment: and that He will render [all men's] faces sincere toward Him, the Mighty, the Bounteous. Verily He answereth him who prayeth unto Him, and is near unto him who calleth on Him. And We ask Him to make this dark calamity a buckler for the body of His saints, and to protect them thereby from sharp swords and piercing blades. Through affliction hath His light shone and His praise been bright unceasingly: this hath been His method through past ages and bygone times.

(Abdu'l-Baha, A Traveller's Narrative, p. 79)

XLI. God is My witness, O people! I was asleep on My couch, when lo, the Breeze of God wafting over Me roused Me from My slumber. His quickening Spirit revived Me, and My tongue was unloosed to voice His Call. Accuse Me not of having transgressed against God. Behold Me, not with your eyes but with Mine. Thus admonisheth you He Who is the Gracious, the All-Knowing. Think ye, O people, that I hold within My grasp the control of God's ultimate Will and Purpose? Far be it from Me to advance such claim. To this I testify before God, the Almighty, the Exalted, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. Had the ultimate destiny of God's Faith been in Mine hands, I would have never consented, even though for one moment, to manifest Myself unto you, nor would I have allowed one word to fall from My lips. Of this God Himself is, verily, a witness.

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 90)

spirit_of_dawn

No, khaamemyee or khomaini are not just some leaders you pray behind. They are being obeyed in every way, even more than God is being obeyed. Many of their followers kiss their hands like slaves.

According to rule ten of the forum "DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith." You are doing exactly that. But, you have indeed brought up an interesting topic regarding hand-kissing. I would like to politely ask a question in this regard. Do you only consider followers of Muslim clerics as being "like slaves" when they kiss the hands of the clerics, or do you regard the followers of Baha'u'llah and Abdu'l-Baha slave-like too when they kissed the hands of Baha'u'llah and Abdu'l-Baha? (see here for dozens of Baha'i sources in this regard: http://www.bahaibahai.com/eng/index.php/articles?id=93 )

arthra

Baha'i
Thanks "spirit of dawn" for your post and you are correct... Bashing of other Faiths is not permitted on the DIR area. The photos in the article you posted were taken in 1912 before the Kitab-i-Aqdas was known to Western believers... hence some of the believers thought it appropriate to kiss the hand. Abdul-Baha would rather have shaken hands with them.

I noted the title of the article had "Twelve Principles A Comprehensive Investigation on the Baha’i Teachings"

For your information the twelve principles of the Baha'i Faith have nothing to do with "kissing hands"... What follows are the Twelve Principles:

The principles of the Bahá'í Faith were established by Bahá'u'lláh, the Founder of the Faith, in the latter half of the nineteenth century and promulgated by His Son and appointed successor, 'Abdu'l-Bahá during a tireless twenty -nine year ministry. While on an historic teaching trip in 1912 throughout the United States and Canada, 'Abdu'l-Bahá explained Bahá'u'lláh's Teachings to audiences of infinitely varied backgrounds. Many of His talks included discussions of such Bahá'í principles as:

The oneness of mankind.

Universal peace upheld by a world government.

Independent investigation of truth.

The common foundation of all religions.

The essential harmony of science and religion.

Equality of men and women.

Elimination of prejudice of all kinds.

Universal compulsory education.

A spiritual solution to the economic problem.

A universal auxiliary language.

The explanations of these principles in the sections following are excerpts from the public talks of 'Abdu'l-Bahá in America in 1912, published in The Promulgation of Universal Peace.
http://www.bahai.com/Bahaullah/principles.htm

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
*** STAFF REMINDER ***

Please remember that DIR spaces are for discussion (no debate) amongst the members of that faith group only. Outsiders may only ask respectful questions.

We're closing this thread for staff review for a while.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
***STAFF POST***

Thread re-opened. Everyone, please keep in mind Rule 10 while posting in or visiting this DIR