• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Insider Trading in Congress

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
There were 4 senators caught insider trading, you left out Diane Feinstein (1.5-6miilion) and senator Inofe?? (400,000)

shmogie

So, we have just seen a couple of US Senators use their connections to make money off of this pandemic. Whoda thunkit that the elite in power use their position to make money off an economic crisis.

Senators under fire over virus ‘insider trading’
If so, then lets see if the four, of both parties, are indicted for insider trading, tried, and found guilty.

Barring that, lets see if the senate expels them for breaking the specific senate rule against this.

Accusations are always a dime a dozen.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So, we have just seen a couple of US Senators use their connections to make money off of this pandemic. Whoda thunkit that the elite in power use their position to make money off an economic crisis.

Senators under fire over virus ‘insider trading’
You noticed that too.

A whole lot of money is changing hands.

All I can say is why in the world is our government only run by millionaires and billionaires?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
You noticed that too.

A whole lot of money is changing hands.

All I can say is why in the world is our government only run by millionaires and billionaires?

Corporations are people too...? No idea, other money has always equaled power in the US.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If so, then lets see if the four, of both parties, are indicted for insider trading, tried, and found guilty.

Barring that, lets see if the senate expels them for breaking the specific senate rule against this.

Accusations are always a dime a dozen.
Asking the foxes to declare that other foxes are guilty is too much of a stretch for the Senate.

I absolutely hate the personification of corporations as being equal to me or you in rights and privileges.
You spoke for me.

whirlingmerc

Not everyone , power and opportunities corrupt politicians...

I don't know if it meets the standards of 'insider trading'

If you are basing off of what is public knowledge that's one thing.
If you have special knowledge by virtue of your position not available to the public then maybe that's a problem. I'm not sure the rules regarding crisis and politician knowledge.

It's a good question regarding various crisis

but there may be other cases that are even more blatant

Insider Trading Rules That Don't Apply To Congress

leov

I don't know if it meets the standards of 'insider trading'

If you are basing off of what is public knowledge that's one thing.
If you have special knowledge by virtue of your position not available to the public then maybe that's a problem. I'm not sure the rules regarding crisis and politician knowledge.

It's a good question
Hard to make sure money on public information....

whirlingmerc

That's why there are 'chinese walls' in financial institutions Those who trade and those who advise are separated

Traders are supposed to deal in publicly available info or analysis gleaned from that. Advisers with special non public info are not allowed to trade.

leov

That's why there are 'chinese walls' in financial institutions Those who trade and those who advise are separated

Traders are supposed to deal in publicly available info or analysis gleaned from that. Advisers with special non public info are not allowed to trade.
I was in that deal for some 12 years, I can tell you stories... All rules apply to the party that is skinned, retail customers, the system is 99.9% manipulations, and now feds on buying side and they do not want buy high.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It does have the appearance of insider trading.
But you know....if I'd owned stock in January, I'd have sold it too.
Even before then I put my entire IRA in cash, seeing a downturn likely.
I'll convert it into stocks when I sense a bottoming market.
I hope I time it well.