• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Insider Trading in Congress

whirlingmerc

Well, this time Tucker Carlson is not your man (even though the first two caught were republicans).

Selling after a briefing by Congress might be unethical, not sure it's illegal. I don't know the official rules tho.

Most of my IRA was in less risky choices... but probably took a wollup. In te end 'trust in God' not money. Not in bulls or bears.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I absolutely hate the personification of corporations as being equal to me or you in rights and privileges.
That's a myth that the left would have everyone believe.
It's simply not true. Because corporations are associations
of people, some of the rights of people are also rights of the
corporations, eg, suing in court, political expression. But
they don't get some rights, eg, voting, marriage, parenting.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Corporations are getting married and divorced all the time!!

Shad

Veteran Member
It is problematic if the government downlplayed the issue initially while some divested knowing it was more serious than initially claimed

Not sure illegal.
Possibly unethical.

If those members of Congress sold based on knowledge not open to the public it is considered insider trading. Toss in Burr has voted against restrictions on Congress playing the stock market as there is a major conflict of interest.

Last edited: