• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indigo children.

hindupridemn

Defender of the Truth
I was an indigo child. It's quite a painful experience because everyone else is so young and indigo children are so old. Any questions about indigo children ask me. Of course not all indigo children are the same.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Most parents see their kid as exceptional and special; it makes biological sense to treasure the animal that's inheriting your genes. Mislabelling your child with some ridiculous term like "Indigo" based mainly on general personality traits, claiming that they have paranormal abilities, are more "spiritual" (what does that even mean?), or some "next step" in human evolution (what does that even mean?!), is ridiculous.

I have to give a tip of the hat to a sham concept invented by a women who published a book called Understanding Your Life Through Color. Nancy Ann Tappe has done well for herself feeding off gullible yet well meaning parents.

Hasn't Jenny McCarthy been told she is an Indigo Child ?

If that is the pinacle of achievement we can expect from the next wonderful stage of human evolution, I think I would rather stay unevolved :sarcastic

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
It's a fad. Something parents can say to make them feel like their child is more gifted or special than the rest. All children are gifted and special.

gnomon

Hasn't Jenny McCarthy been told she is an Indigo Child ?

If that is the pinacle of achievement we can expect from the next wonderful stage of human evolution, I think I would rather stay unevolved :sarcastic

Actually, the history goes like this:
1) Jenny has an Indigo child and she has to tell everyone about it.
2) The child is not Indigo and actually is Autistic and she has to tell everyone about it and start a damaging campaign against the medical industry
3) Her child is actually one diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and no longer exhibits any autistic traits (which is actually true of many children diagnosed with a wide spectrum disorder) but she still goes on television shows and campaigns a mess of meaningless BS about the medical industry
4) She somehow drafted another actor, Jim Carey, into the BS.

edit: And if I have not stated before let me state it again. The notion of Ingido children (who should all be in their 20's by now and failed to achieve anything important) which is now supplanted by "Star" children is utter bull****.

brbubba

Underling
I was an indigo child. It's quite a painful experience because everyone else is so young and indigo children are so old. Any questions about indigo children ask me. Of course not all indigo children are the same.

How would you know if you were an Indigo Child and how would you spot one?

Smoke

Done here.
edit: And if I have not stated before let me state it again. The notion of Ingido children (who should all be in their 20's by now and failed to achieve anything important) which is now supplanted by "Star" children is utter ************.

Star child is, if possible, an even worse term than indigo child. But at least it doesn't make me think of blue babies.

Wicked Witch

I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in souls or stuff like that... and I think that this whole "indigo children" thing is quackery. I agree with the OP post that it's simply some con artist making a buck off of gullible parents. All parents want to believe that their kid is "special", and this idea simply plays on their desires. There are kids out there with severe ADD, ADHD, OCD, or other disorders who won't get the help and assistance that they need in the classroom because "they're not disabled, they're indigo children!" I want to know how this impacts kids as they grow up and try to integrate into normal society, but finding that they can't because their parents convinced them that they are metaphysically more entitled than everyone else.

Just my $0.02

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
It's almost like the Twilight kids, who think they are vampires because they read the Twilight trilogy and found similarities between them and the main guy vampire

MissAlice

It's a way to compensate for a child with a disability. Before I was diagnosed with AS I was told that I had a gift and was special as if it were some reassurance for not being like the majority of students. To me indigo is just another word for "different" or a fad to encourage children that they're unique in some way for being the odd one out.

no-body

The article on Wikipedia is well worth reading. It is rubbish through and through, stuff like this makes me extremely embarrassed to be part of the new age movement.

Super Universe

Defender of God
It's a way to compensate for a child with a disability. Before I was diagnosed with AS I was told that I had a gift and was special as if it were some reassurance for not being like the majority of students. To me indigo is just another word for "different" or a fad to encourage children that they're unique in some way for being the odd one out.

What is this girl's disability?

Akiane: child prodigy, artist, poet. Purchase Paintings and Prints direct from Akiane

brbubba

Underling
The article on Wikipedia is well worth reading. It is rubbish through and through, stuff like this makes me extremely embarrassed to be part of the new age movement.

Yes, the entire subject very clearly lacks some definition. If you can't explain what an indigo child is in 20 words or less, then there's an issue.

I have known more than one adult indigo personality person, none of which were arrogant. One is very raped up in her cause and quick to cut you off, but not arrogant. If you think about it, if a child is actually intuitive and understands that many people are attempting to exploit them, would that not give cause to cop an attitude that can be percieved as arrogant. I am an adult with all the knowledge that comes with age. If one were to study me in an attempt to exploit me, he or she would walk away believing I was arrogant and likely sarcastic. If an adult would do it, a child would be more incline to do so.
I do believe that many try to exploit them, but not all. I also believe people use it to justify a behavioral issue. the problem is, only a non bias therapist could say which is which.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I have known more than one adult indigo personality person, none of which were arrogant. One is very raped up in her cause and quick to cut you off, but not arrogant. If you think about it, if a child is actually intuitive and understands that many people are attempting to exploit them, would that not give cause to cop an attitude that can be percieved as arrogant. I am an adult with all the knowledge that comes with age. If one were to study me in an attempt to exploit me, he or she would walk away believing I was arrogant and likely sarcastic. If an adult would do it, a child would be more incline to do so.
I do believe that many try to exploit them, but not all. I also believe people use it to justify a behavioral issue. the problem is, only a non bias therapist could say which is which.

It's tough to say who is and who is not an Indigo, only they really know for sure. But it kind of sounds to me like the person you are describing is what I call a functioning autistic rather than Indigo.

Indigo's have a connection to God that is absolute. It comes first, even before parents. They know He exists and they know He is good.

A functioning autistic, again this is my definition, has quirky behavior, a need to clean or always have things a certain way, along with a gift of some sort.