• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In what way has RF affected your beliefs?

riley2112

of course i am interesting by things i never know in my life

maybe because i never saw an atheist in my life (direct contact/face to face )
only in this forum :yes:
Really , you never ever saw a real one. You can tell one easy, They all have a big red x on each hand and walk side ways. ahh. just joking , you may have seen one , they look just like you and me.:yes:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
In what way has RF affected your beliefs, in general? And if it didn't, did it at least change how you view certain other beliefs/religions?

I've changed over time, since I first started posting here. I'd just like to say that there have been several people that have been very important to me.

Father Heathen, of course, as I love him so dearly. Before we were together, so much of what he had to say carried with me into my day to day life - not the parts that were trollish, of course. :D

Katzpur and YmirGF are also very special to me.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
RF is probably the best place on the internet to capture the amazing spirit of that counter-protest in the park: the unfailing cooperation and free exchange of ideas, teaching, and learning between people of wildly different backgrounds and beliefs. This place truly is an oasis on the internet and probably an oasis of the entire globe! :cool:

(Ok, hippie talk over :ignore:)
Ooh! well said. Go, hippie talk.

glyphkenn

In what way has RF affected your beliefs, in general? And if it didn't, did it at least change how you view certain other beliefs/religions?
well I consider life a journey of gathering information . Just when I think I've gathered enough info to make definite decisions on life . I meet RF . rF brings me a notch . Shows me how much I still need to know. So I'm here with an open mind gathering more information .

arcanum

I've come to the conclusion regarding religion that people can be convinced to believe almost anything as true. What is the faculty that is convinced? It is the rational aspect of our nature, the intellect, or the left side of the brain if you prefer. This is the faculty that leads to error because not everyone can be right. This is why for me anyways a more mystical approach to spirituality is more important than blind belief, a turning off the mind and experiencing pure being. The huge variety of belief displayed on here who all believe they are right is mind blowing, belief is a slippery slope. Experience is more important than belief, that is what I've learned since I've joined this forum.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
On RF, though, I've gotten close to a lot of Muslim and Muslimah friends and I'm happier for it.
accautly before i ejoin to this RF ,i had two experience with non-muslims , the first one is bad , with chat in yahoo, when i always declare that i am muslim they insult me :(
and second one when i become a friend to owner of server game , then they trusted me ,and made me an Admin in their site and server game :)

here in RF ,i faced the two , whom hate the muslims and Islam , and whom respect with muslims and islam.

Orias

Left Hand Path
accautly before i ejoin to this RF ,i had two experience with non-muslims , the first one is bad , with chat in yahoo, when i always declare that i am muslim they insult me :(
and second one when i become a friend to owner of server game , then they trusted me ,and made me an Admin in their site and server game :)

here in RF ,i faced the two , whom hate the muslims and Islam , and whom respect with muslims and islam.

I am sorry you have experienced such events, I too as a Satanist have experienced such things.

This is a place to share wisdom, not spread blood.

Sgloom

i havent been aorund here that long but im enjoying it alot. im pretty firm in my atheist views. but i enjoy learning about various religions and talking to people from various cultures and religions. its nice discussing things with people who have similar views of mine too. ive learned quite a bit so far. religion can be a frustrating topic sometimes, this site seems to handle it pretty well for the most part, as well as can ever be expected

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I am sorry you have experienced such events, I too as a Satanist have experienced such things.

This is a place to share wisdom, not spread blood.
what you mean by Satanist , you pray the satan , whom against who (God) created you ?

cablescavenger

It has made me realise that atheism is far more important than I imagined and that the internet is an important tool for change.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
RF hasn't had much of an impact on my beliefs; I came here primarily for more information on specific religions. I had already started moving towards Judaism, and had been studying various religions for quite a while.

What is has done, however, is reaffirmed that narrow-minded idiots can be found in every group, regardless of religion or lack thereof. But that is what makes life so much fun.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I did a lot of research and discussions on religion before coming to this particular website, so not a whole lot has changed regarding my position on metaphysical matters. I got to talk to more people of specific religions and learn answers to some specific questions.

The only change I can recall is that my position on free will has shifted to a certain extent; from being agnostic towards the concept of free will to not believing in it or finding the descriptions of it to be coherent.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
I used to think atheists and agnostics were more transparent than Christians about their struggles and didn't try as hard to come off like they have it all together. Reading this forum has definately forced me to rethink things

4consideration

Premium Member
In what way has RF affected your beliefs, in general?

My beliefs have not changed in any drastic way from my experience on RF.

But, it has provided plenty of opportunities for me to look at issues from a new perspective, and in broadening my perspective I find that I learn. So, I see this forum as valuable.

I used to really like the process of debate. Now, I find I really prefer discussion.

And if it didn't, did it at least change how you view certain other beliefs/religions?

I don't really think a lot about other religons, because I don't know that much about them and would prefer not to spend any energy on making assumptions or passing judgement on something I know nothing about.

I have found beautiful insights or perspectives offered by people of all kinds of different faiths, some by those that profess no faith, and some even by those that mock faith. I will take what I see as valuable and truthful and not put too much focus on what I do not see value in.

It looks like we all have something to offer. I like that.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
My basic views about God and religion have changed very little since I came here.
But at first, I did not express them very clearly, as they were still somewhat cluttered.
Having to explain things to others helps to clarify and refine what I believe to be true.
But never fools me into believing that I can ever know the whole truth.

I can accept many of the Jewish beliefs about God as they are based on a special relationship and are true for them...
I do not believe in the Muslim faith at all, except that there is one God. I believe they are sadly misled.