• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In God's Image?

Tiberius

The Bible says that God created man. Not is creatING, but created.

Created implies a completion. If it is not yet complete, then God is still CREATING.

Tiberius

Genesis 1:27 said:
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

It's not that hard to find. Right there in the first chapter. And in the very passage which this thread is here to discuss.

Truth101

Bouncing Ball said:
To me it isn't. why would it not be done?

Do you actually believe that a benevolent omniscient God is content in the condition of man? Do you think that He would be done and we are now stuck in the condition we are in? Its common sense.

God Bless, Dave

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Truth101 said:
Do you actually believe that a benevolent omniscient God is content in the condition of man? Do you think that He would be done and we are now stuck in the condition we are in? Its common sense.

God Bless, Dave

Would he ever be content? Would he be content once we are exactly even to God? is that possible? Isn't it common sense that we would always stay "less"?

Truth101

Bouncing Ball said:
Would he ever be content? Would he be content once we are exactly even to God? is that possible? Isn't it common sense that we would always stay "less"?

You missed my point. We dont have to be equal to God in order for Him to be content with what He has created. What is meant is the way things are right now cannot be the finished product.

God bless, Dave

Truth101

The truth is God is always content because He knows what He is doing. If God wants man to remain in the condition we are in then we are in alot of trouble.

God bless,Dave

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I have not followed up on how this is developing. But I would like to add a little something I have come across in my study of the bible.

I have come to find that the word image is actually supposed to be translated as 'imaginings' or imagination. The bible says that in his imagination, he created us male and female. And that in the beginning, and in our completed form, we were and will be androgynous. When God separated Eve from Adam, our spirits were split, thus creating what is known as our 'twin flame'. Each of these must go through all levels of enlightenment, and spiritual growth, clearing of Karma, etc. and only then when our lessons in this world will be over, and our spirits will become one again.

Anyway, the point to the post is not about twin flames, but about the fact that God created in his imagination, and not 'in his image'. God does not have an 'image', he does not have physical form, nor is he bound by the laws of physics.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Truth101 said:
You missed my point. We dont have to be equal to God in order for Him to be content with what He has created. What is meant is the way things are right now cannot be the finished product.

God bless, Dave
I didn't miss your point, I wanted to point out that neither you or me knows what the endresult has to be, if there even is an endresult. So your version of common logic is not so common..

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Truth101 said:
If God wants man to remain in the condition we are in then we are in alot of trouble.

Then I must have a more beautifull view of the world as you. How can that be with your love of God? :sarcastic

And what would your endresult look like then?

Truth101

Bouncing Ball said:
I didn't miss your point, I wanted to point out that neither you or me knows , if there even is an endresult. So your version of common logic is not so common..

What are you talking about? Common sense is common sense. Since the question at hand on this thread is "what does it mean 'in His image'?" comes from a scriptural source then the rest of scripture should have something to do with answering it. Since mankind is stated in scripture to continue to change from glory to glory then it would be fact that God is not satisfied with our present condition. Hence, it would be common sense to conclude that being made or created in His image is an ongoing process.
Further more, your next question to me is...

Then I must have a more beautifull view of the world as you. How can that be with your love of God? :sarcastic
So you think that the world full of murder and rape and child abductions etc etc etc etc are just another beautiful part of this world? You must never hear or witness anything other than bliss to make a commont as this. Read the following and you will see the end result from a scriptural perspective.
And what would your endresult look like then?

Once again, scripture would have to answer that as well.

All are therefore made alive in Him -- 1Cor. 15:22. Christ finishes, completes His work(looks like not all is finished) -- S. John. 17:4, restores all things(everything must be restored before it is finished) -- Acts 3:21, and there is no more curse -- Rev. 22:2,3. Every knee of things in heaven and earth, and under the earth, bends to Him -- Phil. 2:10. The creation is delivered from the bondage of corruption -- Rom. 8:21, and every creature joins in the song of praise -- Rev. 5:13. So comes the END(end result?), when He delivers up the Kingdom to God, Who is then ALL IN ALL -- 1Cor. 15:24-28.

Theres your end result.

God Bless, Dave

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
linwood said:
Actual Biblical scripture often speaks of Gods physical self.
The Scripture also identifies God as being Spirit, and that Jesus BECAME flesh, meaning he wasn't flesh before.

The issue has always been hard for man to understand because we so want to live in this material world. Building a house with our hands is FAR SIMPLER than building our character with our decisions.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Tiberius said:
Is it in spirit? That would mean that our spirit is like the spirit of God. I can't imagine that there would be many Xians who'd be prepared to admit to that.
That's the one.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Truth101 said:
Since mankind is stated in scripture to continue to change from glory to glory then it would be fact that God is not satisfied with our present condition. Hence, it would be common sense to conclude that being made or created in His image is an ongoing process.

I think you are misusing scripture here. First that verse does not speak of an ongoing process; "...are changed into the same image from glory to glory..." It speaks of our final glorified body that we recieve after our resurrection. The glory spoken of here is our final heavenly glory not an earthly glory that passes away.