• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important Questionnaire #8: Reporting Rules Violations

Please See OP Before Responding to Poll

• I report all or almost all of the serious rules violations that I notice.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • I report more than half of the serious rules violations that I notice.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • I report half or roughly half of the serious rules violations that I notice.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I report less than half of the serious rules violations that I notice.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I report none or almost none of the serious rules violations that I notice.

Votes: 19 44.2%

• Total voters

Jim

Nets of Wonder
For whatever it might be worth to anyone, my interests in discussions about online behavior and forum rules are not:
- to complain about the behavior of people on one side or another of some religious or political divide
- to avoid losing members
- to promote changes in the rules or in staff actions and policies,
- to protect myself or some other people from feeling hurt or offended.
In fact, my interests might be opposed to the the interests of everyone else, or almost everyone else, in discussions about online behavior and forum rules.

Last edited:
I never report rules violations because I don't know or care what the rules are.

Yeah, admittedly, I might not pay enough attention to rules or quickly forget them just like I sort of don't pay attention to user agreements.

I often imagine they can be trusted, that the dictatorial administration has total power and can not be effectively argued against anyway, and imagining I'm unlikely ti break the rules or at least get warned if I do and then correct myself.

Currently I've taken some risks by posting links to videos a lot hoping to induce people to interpret the materials spiritually potentially, and feel a tinge of concern or risk when I very openly express my distaste for certain things, and feel an even greater sense of risk when I express any form of malice or a "deathwish" of any sort, though my intention in doing so is to represent and express very frank and raw true feelings, desiresvm, thoughts, which show a "true inner working" of a mind and how ideologies can lead to such unsavory seeming ways of thinking in an authentic and accurate way.

Just by expressing hatred honestly and how I feel though I felt a sense of risk about revealing such feelings in such a clearly exposed fashion and sincerely hoped I wouldn't risk losing this great resource or my ability to type by expressing such!

I mainly did so in the "Proof of Islam" thread to give the original poster and other viewers an impression of an authentic "fanatic" in some ways, to give that perspective somewhat as well for their consideration and potentially to deter since having ill will that can occur is much less pleasant than being sort of dull towards everything and not very concerned or radical about "blasphemies" and what-not.

taykair

Yeah, and I also dislike deletions because evidence of what they said is wiped out too!

Well... to me, deletions are a bit different. I figure that if someone wants to edit -- or even remove -- their own words, then they should have every right to do so.

But I can see where this would disrupt the flow of a thread, so I usually only edit myself because of spelling errors or because I later think of a better way to say something without changing the original meaning of my post.

Well... to me, deletions are a bit different. I figure that if someone wants to edit -- or even remove -- their own words, then they should have every right to do so.

But I can see where this would disrupt the flow of a thread, so I usually only edit myself because of spelling errors or because I later think of a better way to say something without changing the original meaning of my post.

Yeah! I think that is a good idea. Yeah, though I meant more specifically deletions of things other people said by third party individuals like moderators, I've also seen people wipe out years of their writing on a whim due to a mood swing and lots of great work lost because of it. Its like George Lucas deciding to just wipe out Star Wars one day because he feels like it, stripping others from the opportunity of enjoying the material. I've also had my work deleted in places, tons of hard work just wiped out due to a moderator's whims and cruelty and not being considerate about the amount of time and care I put into what I write and share!

taykair

As someone who actually has wiped out years of his own writing, I'm in no position to judge others on this.

In addition to Taykair, I have also posted under the names Traveller, Zero, Dalet, Ku, and Hexad on scores of other forums. All that I have written under the names Traveller and Zero are now gone -- by my choice. I don't regret it.

However, if a third-party (an admin or moderator) were to remove my post, I would hope that he or she would give me the opportunity to salvage my work before doing so.

As someone who actually has wiped out years of his own writing, I'm in no position to judge others on this.

In addition to Taykair, I have also posted under the names Traveller, Zero, Dalet, Ku, and Hexad on scores of other forums. All that I have written under the names Traveller and Zero are now gone -- by my choice. I don't regret it.

However, if a third-party (an admin or moderator) were to remove my post, I would hope that he or she would give me the opportunity to salvage my work before doing so.
Yeah, I had to beg so much and most just wouldn't at all help. I really thought it was rude and mean, especially when they had it easily accessible and it was just one post or something and they wouldn't give me my own writing which I consider my art work and creativity! Makes me sort of well up with tears thinking of how I've been treated on all sorts of websites by various supposed religious people, but at least one of the websites that wiped me out as if I never existed had an IP linking them back to a CIA property right by the George Bush Center of Intelligence building in Virginia which was scary, I was ok that they mercifully made me as if I had never even been there, maybe they were doing me a favor without blowing their cover.

I'm curious as to what might have occurred or been the thought or reason behind the wipe out of your own work and creativity? Did you at least save a copy for yourself before deleting it all? Was there a lot? How did you do it?

I have gone by the online names:
Grey Fox (Mplayer)
Coyote Grey Fox (Gamespy)
Sanjuro Yojimbo (Gamespy)
CoyoteFox (T O T S E)
Ananda ilahi (E-Sangha)
Caligula Octavius Maximus (Rome)
FreedomStands (Godlike)
FreedomStands (Lunatic Outpost)
FreedomStands (Free-Minds)
Iscariot (Man of Faith Gnostic Forum)
The Artis Magistra (Wizard Forums)
The Artis Magistra (Odinist)
kfoyauxhuatl (Ontic-Philosophy)
Ananda ilahi (Buddhist Forum)
Ananda ilahi (Mahayana Buddhist Forum)
Aztecan Research (B A L G)
RelicWordShip (Religion Forums)
DagonVarunaMitraApolloZan (Religious)

Gosh! So much cool stuff I wrote! Utterly wiped off the face of the internet and Earth! I have probably written several if not a few hundred kick butt books by now, all gone!!! The people keep having their servers crash, their websites shut down, or banning me and effacing any evidence of my existence or writing.

Argh! I just looked and so many of these websites are like they don't exist!

I used to give out emails like [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Its super depressing but also like I'm still young or have no history or record.

I've been online on a PC since 1999, two decades of heavy online activity or more since I was also online to a lesser degree during the 90s on a MAC and with America Online.

My first Forum was Temple of the Screaming Electron, where I was already writing stuff like I have been for the past 20 years!

There are numerous websites I've posted on, as well as comments sections all over the internet and internationally. A Foxy Fox is my commenter name on Youtube where I've left numerous lengthy comments in order to help people who may happen upon them eventually.

I've interacted with maybe hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of people so far, often dealing with intimate or personal subject matter and stories about their lives and experiences.

That is another reason I love any accessible information left around, since it helps me study the minds and natures of people, their psychology, since that interests me a great deal!

I can't seem to find practically any trace that I've done jack squat now that so many websites have lost or deleted their records.

The good thing is I think I mostly remember a ton of it all, but sometimes there are videos or songs I discovered or used that I can't seem to find again easily and that frustrates me a lot.

Recently I had a small triumph by finally finding this very obscure song I used to use as a depiction or joke-ish version of how I believe and say God generates every moment of experience including what we do:

ttps://youtu.be/56Vgv2wej8w

Another re-find from just today was a song called "Opulence" which I like as an illustration of the demon Mammon.

I'm looking for, OH WOW I just found one more:
ttps://youtu.be/6_yJYNF_Qas

I often find these in very weird and special, practically magical and miraculous ways so they are often very difficult to find again!

That is also why I hate losing my writing or being the cause of anyone losing their writing!

I don't like destruction much!

There is a long, boring story you can read about that called Traveller's Tale which is a fictionalized version of what happened.
Not boring for me (probably)!

I just wrote something related under a video of a cartoon or comic book episode where people are fighting about who has greater authority on the canon or "what actually happened" about a thing that never happened!

I wrote to someone who said the author has authority rather than the animation company (that isn't the point though):
" I agree but also see things a little differently as well. To me, the aspect of authorship and authority is only an interesting point or little fact, but these things they create have no real existence and are fictional, so I take them as material, and I analyze the material and try to extract enjoyment and pleasure from the work regardless of how it may have come about, now that it is available and present in my experience. I also use the material in my mind to invest in the words and images and characters and scenes my own mystical and spiritual meanings or references or things related to my own life and events if and when possible to add further dimensions to the content and even more usefulness to the material beyond mere entertainment, regardless of the intentions of any author or production teams meanings which I can also be aware of and take into account. That is why practically anything we experience can be made great use of and why I see disputes regarding authority being some sort of frivolous vestigial human remnant evolutionary activity that is far less useful now and especially regarding cartoons or comics, than actually making the most of anything at all which might come your way or into your experience and to your senses. Can really becoming immersed in "which is more real" for unreal things, really be of much use? Nor is an animated version and a picture the same exact experience for the mind. People may also enjoy one more than the other, but then they go too far with making a big fuss about which they preferred, because they can take and make the most out of everything and every version and their focus should be on how many ways and how much further enjoyment and value they can produce through their own focus and investment and intelligence into these available materials.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Currently there is no feedback about reported posts.
We seldom know if any actioin is taken.
If it isn't an excessive burden to provide somehow, feedback
would inform us if we're reading the rules & posts correctly.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I did a crude small statistical analysis, & discovered that
warnings with points, & warnings without points run in
approximately yearly cycles. This suggests that standards
& practices should be more objective, & perhaps less
personality driven.