• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impeachment or condemnation for Trump?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Thanks for proving Dems like yourself ignored the crisis since February, because obviously you have no idea what I'm talking about. Here ya go you can catch up on a issue the Repubs have been trying to deal with for almost 6 months now. :D

National Emergency Concerning the Southern Border of the United States - Wikipedia

From the article:

"On February 15, 2019, President of the United States Donald Trump declared a National Emergency Concerning the Southern Border of the United States (Proclamation 9844), citing the National Emergencies Act, and ordered the diversion of billions of dollars of funds that had been appropriated to the U.S. Department of Defense for military construction."

Maybe if you paid attention you wouldn't be quite so lost all the time.
From your source:

"Under Trump's plan $3.6 billion assigned to military construction, $2.5 billion meant for the Department of Defense's drug interdiction activities, and $600 million from Treasury's forfeiture fund would be diverted for wall construction."

You said food, beds, shelter, and medical care. Lol.

Like i said: shakier every post.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
From your source:

"Under Trump's plan $3.6 billion assigned to military construction, $2.5 billion meant for the Department of Defense's drug interdiction activities, and $600 million from Treasury's forfeiture fund would be diverted for wall construction."

You said food, beds, shelter, and medical care. Lol.

Like i said: shakier every post.

Nope you cherry picked the article then misrepresented it by taking that quote out of context. Here is the quote from the article in context.

"Trump had previously threatened to declare a national emergency if Congress did not pass his entire desired program for a wall on the United States–Mexican border by February 15, 2019.[4] Under Proclamation 9844, the Trump administration plans to redirect $8 billion in previously-agreed expenditure and to use the money to build the wall instead.[5][6][7] Under Trump's plan $3.6 billion assigned to military construction, $2.5 billion meant for the Department of Defense's drug interdiction activities, and $600 million from Treasury's forfeiture fund would be diverted for wall construction."

That is not the same bill as the humanitarian bill.

I'll refresh your memory. Here is what I said:
Nope, out of $4.6 billion, $3 billion was earmarked for aid. Food, shelter, medical care for the detainees. The rest was for hiring more border patrol and repairing existing structures.

Here's what's in the $4.6 billion border aid bill passed by Congress

Here is the end result. From the article:

"The vast majority of the Senate's legislation is aimed at alleviating the squalid conditions detained migrant children are facing. It sends $2.9 billion to restore the waning resources of the Department of Health and Human Services.

The majority of the remaining funding — some $1.3 billion — will go to the Department of Homeland Security."

The only thing shaky here is your intellectual honesty.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Nope you cherry picked the article then misrepresented it by taking that quote out of context. Here is the quote from the article in context.

"Trump had previously threatened to declare a national emergency if Congress did not pass his entire desired program for a wall on the United States–Mexican border by February 15, 2019.[4] Under Proclamation 9844, the Trump administration plans to redirect $8 billion in previously-agreed expenditure and to use the money to build the wall instead.[5][6][7] Under Trump's plan $3.6 billion assigned to military construction, $2.5 billion meant for the Department of Defense's drug interdiction activities, and $600 million from Treasury's forfeiture fund would be diverted for wall construction."

That is not the same bill as the humanitarian bill.

I'll refresh your memory. Here is what I said:

Here's what's in the $4.6 billion border aid bill passed by Congress

Here is the end result. From the article:

"The vast majority of the Senate's legislation is aimed at alleviating the squalid conditions detained migrant children are facing. It sends $2.9 billion to restore the waning resources of the Department of Health and Human Services.

The majority of the remaining funding — some $1.3 billion — will go to the Department of Homeland Security."

The only thing shaky here is your intellectual honesty.
And again, that humanitarian bill was put forth by Trump in May of 2019.

You are conflating two separate instances.

Enoch07

Premium Member
And again, that humanitarian bill was put forth by Trump in May of 2019.

You are conflating two separate instances.

No read the wiki. It's all one event that's taken place over the last 6 months, had you not been ignoring it you would know that already.

Curious George

Veteran Member
No read the wiki. It's all one event that's taken place over the last 6 months, had you not been ignoring it you would know that already.
I am not sure how i can better break this down for you. Your wiki does not support your view it supports mine. So either you are not communicating yourself effectively or you are like i have said conflating two separate instances.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I am not sure how i can better break this down for you. Your wiki does not support your view it supports mine. So either you are not communicating yourself effectively or you are like i have said conflating two separate instances.

It's a shame this has to be spoon fed. You can lead a monkey to a banana but you can't make him eat it apparently.

From the wiki:

"On February 18, sixteen U.S. states[Notes 2]jointly filed a lawsuit in Federal court in San Francisco challenging the declaration.[60][61][62]

On February 19, the ACLU filed suit in the Northern District of California on behalf of the Sierra Club, the Southern Border Communities Coalition, and other interested organizations and people.[63][64] On May 24, 2019, U.S. District Judge Haywood S. Gilliam, Jr. issued a temporary injunction in the case blocking the Trump administration's plan to divert funds not explicitly appropriated by Congress. Gilliam, an Obama appointee, wrote that "Congress's 'absolute' control over federal expenditures—even when that control may frustrate the desires of the Executive Branch regarding initiatives it views as important—is not a bug in our constitutional system. It is a feature of that system, and an essential one."[65] In June 2019, this injunction was converted into a permanent injunction.[14] In July 2019, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit upheld the injunction.[66]"

Now if you are done trying to save face by bluffing your way out of a losing argument I can stop embarrassing you with facts that destroy your fabrications.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Well when the Pres draws up a $4.6 billion bill and says we need it for extra food, beds, shelter, and medical care. That kinda says it all.
That wasn't the fake crisis in the beginning. Just keep watching Hannity

What did Conald want? He wanted a wall because there were caravans coming up through central America. He said that was a crisis and why he needed money for the wall.

A wall wouldn't do anything = phony crisis.

You have a crisis on your hands now because of ineptitude and intentional policies.

Enoch07

Premium Member
That wasn't the fake crisis in the beginning.

It was never a fake crisis. Stop watching Rachel Maddow.

You have a crisis on your hands now because of ineptitude and intentional policies.

National Emergency Concerning the Southern Border of the United States - Wikipedia

From the article:
"On February 18, sixteen U.S. states[Notes 2]jointly filed a lawsuit in Federal court in San Francisco challenging the declaration.[60][61][62] On February 19, the ACLU filed suit in the Northern District of California on behalf of the Sierra Club, the Southern Border Communities Coalition, and other interested organizations and people.[63][64] On May 24, 2019, U.S. District Judge Haywood S. Gilliam, Jr. issued a temporary injunction in the case blocking the Trump administration's plan to divert funds not explicitly appropriated by Congress. Gilliam, an Obama appointee, wrote that "Congress's 'absolute' control over federal expenditures—even when that control may frustrate the desires of the Executive Branch regarding initiatives it views as important—is not a bug in our constitutional system. It is a feature of that system, and an essential one."[65] In June 2019, this injunction was converted into a permanent injunction.[14] In July 2019, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuitupheld the injunction."

As you can see it's one long continuous event from February til Now. :D

Gotta love facts.

Curious George

Veteran Member
It's a shame this has to be spoon fed. You can lead a monkey to a banana but you can't make him eat it apparently.

From the wiki:

"On February 18, sixteen U.S. states[Notes 2]jointly filed a lawsuit in Federal court in San Francisco challenging the declaration.[60][61][62]

On February 19, the ACLU filed suit in the Northern District of California on behalf of the Sierra Club, the Southern Border Communities Coalition, and other interested organizations and people.[63][64] On May 24, 2019, U.S. District Judge Haywood S. Gilliam, Jr. issued a temporary injunction in the case blocking the Trump administration's plan to divert funds not explicitly appropriated by Congress. Gilliam, an Obama appointee, wrote that "Congress's 'absolute' control over federal expenditures—even when that control may frustrate the desires of the Executive Branch regarding initiatives it views as important—is not a bug in our constitutional system. It is a feature of that system, and an essential one."[65] In June 2019, this injunction was converted into a permanent injunction.[14] In July 2019, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit upheld the injunction.[66]"

Now if you are done trying to save face by bluffing your way out of a losing argument I can stop embarrassing you with facts that destroy your fabrications.
Sigh, yes trump tried to use emergency funds. They were not for humanitarian aid. In may trump pushed a bill for humanitarian aid. These are two separate plans to use monies. I am pretty sure you are only "embarrassing" yourself.

Enoch07

Premium Member
These are two separate plans to use monies. I am pretty sure you are only "embarrassing" yourself.

That's what I've said the whole time. Go back and read. You're the one who's been saying its 2 different situations. Talk about projection sheesh.

Curious George

Veteran Member
That's what I've said the whole time. Go back and read. You're the one who's been saying its 2 different situations. Talk about projection sheesh.
It is two separate situations. The first situation was threat of people storming our borders, the second is the horrible manner in which we are dealing with immigrants.

Trumps plan 6 months ago was not concerned with humanitarian aid nor was it concerned with "beds, shelter, medical care" and whatever else you suggested.

So, let us be clear on what the crisis is: the crisis is the poor conditions of the detainees. Trump was not addressing this crisis 6 months ago. The Crisis that was being touted was a crisis of criminal immigrants storming our borders.

In May, Trump addressed the humanitarian crisis. One crisis was a threat to security one crises was a threat to the detainees.

You are trying to suggest that Trump has been concerned about the beds, food, shelter and medical care for some time and the Democrats have been dragging their feet. This is not the case.

Enoch07

Premium Member
It is two separate situations. The first situation was threat of people storming our borders, the second is the horrible manner in which we are dealing with immigrants.

Nope same situation the whole time. Different attempts with different plans to solve it.

Trumps plan 6 months ago was not concerned with humanitarian aid nor was it concerned with "beds, shelter, medical care" and whatever else you suggested.

You just said "The first situation was threat of people storming our borders"

This indicates a larger amount of people. A large amount of people means current facilities will be overpopulated soon, and they was, shocking.

It took 6 months because Dems denied the crisis for a month or two, then switched to "it's a manufactured crisis" to "OMG it's a crisis!"

In May, Trump addressed the humanitarian crisis. One crisis was a threat to security one crises was a threat to the detainees.

He addressed it in February as I have shown in the linked Wiki article.

You are trying to suggest that Trump has been concerned about the beds, food, shelter and medical care for some time and the Democrats have been dragging their feet. This is not the case.

But of course as I have shown. You can't prove otherwise. ;)

Curious George

Veteran Member
Nope same situation the whole time. Different attempts with different plans to solve it.
Incorrect.

You just said "The first situation was threat of people storming our borders"

This indicates a larger amount of people. A large amount of people means current facilities will be overpopulated soon, and they was, shocking.
Yes. That one situation relates to another does not entail they are the same situation.
It took 6 months because Dems denied the crisis for a month or two, then switched to "it's a manufactured crisis" to "OMG it's a crisis!"
Now you are equivocating with the word "it's."

Please rewrite that sentence with it's replaced with what you intend it's to refer.

He addressed it in February as I have shown in the linked Wiki article.
The wiki article said nothing about him addressing the humanitarian crisis in February.

But of course as I have shown. You can't prove otherwise. ;)
I already have. ;)

Enoch07

Premium Member

Curious George

Veteran Member
:rolleyes: Talk about disingenuous.

It did and not only did I link it I quoted it, twice. You are willfully ignoring it now.
There you go again conflating the two. It was not a humanitarian crisis that trump was addressing early on. It was a the immigrants are coming! The immigrants are coming! "Crisis."

Nope just willful ignorance of facts soon fed to you.
I think the willful ignorance belongs to you.

Enoch07

Premium Member
It was not a humanitarian crisis that trump was addressing early on. It was a the immigrants are coming! The immigrants are coming! "Crisis."

LoL the cognitive dissonance is so strong!

Yes he tried to stop the multitude of immigrants that were flooding in.

Why?

Because detention facilities were not going to be sufficient to hold all of them.

He tried to prevent the humanitarian crisis by stopping them from crossing to begin with.

Couldn't do that thanks to the Dems, so then they flooded in for the next few months causing >insert drum roll< the humanitarian crisis.

:eek:

It's almost like you are willfully ignoring the whole story!

I think the willful ignorance belongs to you.

I think I just proved it's you. ;)

Curious George

Veteran Member
LoL the cognitive dissonance is so strong!

Yes he tried to stop the multitude of immigrants that were flooding in.

Why?

Because detention facilities were not going to be sufficient to hold all of them.

He tried to prevent the humanitarian crisis by stopping them from crossing to begin with.

Couldn't do that thanks to the Dems, so then they flooded in for the next few months causing >insert drum roll< the humanitarian crisis.

:eek:

It's almost like you are willfully ignoring the whole story!

I think I just proved it's you. ;)
If you have any evidence that Trump was trying to prevent the "multitude of immigrants" because of humanitarian concerns, please post such evidence.