• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impeachment or condemnation for Trump?

Riders

Democrats will vote to either condemn a resolution for his racist comments on twitter or to impeach?What the heck is condemn? They keep saying they are voting on weather to condemn Trump? Whats that gonna do if anything, what the heck is condemning?

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Well since Trump is a clown I think they should vote whether to throw a cream pie in his face or a fruit pie in his face and then squirt a bottle of seltzer water in his buffoonish face to wash it all down.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Democrats will vote to either condemn a resolution for his racist comments on twitter or to impeach?What the heck is condemn? They keep saying they are voting on weather to condemn Trump? Whats that gonna do if anything, what the heck is condemning?

They could vote to increase funding to improve living conditions for detainees, but that would mean they actually care about illegal immigrants though...

Enoch07

Premium Member
That passed already with the votes from many Democrats.

Only after 6 months of denial, and even then they changed the bill so that more border patrol couldn't be hired etc.

Should have got passed 6 months ago if they really cared.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Only after 6 months of denial, and even then they changed the bill so that more border patrol couldn't be hired etc.

Should have got passed 6 months ago if they really cared.
That is not the truth either. You are using an equivocation on the word crisis. The alleged problem was not that the conditions were poor, the alleged problem was that immigrants were invading and there were a whole bunch of nefarious people intermixed between them.

The funds Trump was askingfor were for a wall. Because as it turns out, Mexico wouldn't pay. Also perhaps the conditions wouldn't be so bad if we process people and let them appear for their court dates as we have in the past.

Let us not play like the conservatives were the humanitarians here. Lol. If you want me to acknowledge that the many Democrats are humanitarians only when it serves their political interests to do so, i will agree. I am not trying to make them out to be the humanitarians or the good guys in this either. But I certainly don't want to hear b.s. excuses about how the Democrats are the sole problem.

Enoch07

Premium Member
The alleged problem was not that the conditions were poor, the alleged problem was that immigrants were invading and there were a whole bunch of nefarious people intermixed between them.

Both were true. Dems denied the whole situation in the beginning, then later tried the narrative of it was a fabricated crisis, then eventually "oh yeah it's a crisis".

The funds Trump was askingfor were for a wall.

Nope, out of $4.6 billion, $3 billion was earmarked for aid. Food, shelter, medical care for the detainees. The rest was for hiring more border patrol and repairing existing structures.

Let us not play like the conservatives were the humanitarians here.

It is the truth though.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Nope, out of $4.6 billion, $3 billion was earmarked for aid. Food, shelter, medical care for the detainees. The rest was for hiring more border patrol and repairing existing structures.

Just a general comment on the world, rather than specific to this issue, but 'earmarking' of funds is easily obfuscated. I've worked with a lot of charities in terms of their software systems for donations and core finance and it happens regularly (and doesn't need to be particularly nefarious).

Imagine I've allocated $100k to buy a piece of med equipment, and $100k for an operator salary. I'd really like 2 operators, as they can be used more flexibly, but my budget is $200k so, whatever.

Then a donor who has suffered a loss offers me $100k, specifically to buy the med kit item I had budgeted...or earmarked.

I spend the donors $100k on the machine, and can take them on a tour. I reallocate the $100k previously earmarked to salaries, and I hire my extra staff member.

Simples.

Obviously that's grossly simplified, but earmarked funds is more a useful discussion point than anything concrete when spoken about in the light of budget variations.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Robert Mueller's testimony to congress about the Russia investigation was supposed to be tomorrow but has been changed to the 24th, they will lead Trump out in handcuffs and he will be shot after all the damning irrefutable evidence and shoe droppin' and all the smoking guns and all the gee-gaws and gimeracks are revealed. Then the democrats MIGHT have a chance in 2020!

Or not.....

Mindmaster

Premium Member

The Democrats have reached the final stage of retardation. While they're consoling themselves over their butt hurt in the chambers of Congress, Trump is actually working. In essence, they've made him look like he's hard working and tough while they look like a bunch of babbling idiots.

james dixon

Premium Member
Trump is a pathological liar which is a mental illness that makes trump unqualified to be President of the USA.

A pathological liar is someone who lies compulsively. While there appears to be many possible causes for pathological lying, it's not yet entirely understood why someone would lie this way.Aug 27, 2018

Pathological lying

Pathological lying, also known as mythomania and pseudologia fantastica, is the chronic behavior of compulsive or habitual lying.

Unlike telling the occasional white lie to avoid hurting someone’s feelings or getting in trouble, a pathological liar seems to lie for no apparent reason. This can make it frustrating or hard to know what to do if you believe you’ve met one.

Though pathological lying has been recognized for more than a century, there’s not yet a clear universal definition of the condition.

Some pathological lying may result from a mental condition, such as antisocial personality disorder (sometimes called sociopathy), while others appear to have no medical reason for the behavior.

Pathological Liar: How to Cope with Someone’s Compulsive Lies

Curious George

Veteran Member
Both were true. Dems denied the whole situation in the beginning, then later tried the narrative of it was a fabricated crisis, then eventually "oh yeah it's a crisis".

It is the truth though.
I do not remember hearing anyone talk about the horrible conditions in border detention. You have a link of conservatives or republicans or libertarians or liberals or Democrats talking about the conditions of detention as a crisis?

Enoch07

Premium Member
I do not remember hearing anyone talk about the horrible conditions in border detention. You have a link of conservatives or republicans or libertarians or liberals or Democrats talking about the conditions of detention as a crisis?

Well when the Pres draws up a $4.6 billion bill and says we need it for extra food, beds, shelter, and medical care. That kinda says it all.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe it's used more loosely in charities or private companies. But in the U.S. govt it's bit more strict.

Earmark (politics) - Wikipedia

That's pretty interesting, actually, so thanks.
But based on my simplistic example, the earmarked funds (for the med equipment) are indeed allocated to the med equipment. However that was paired with a reduction in other funding, then redirected to spend within the same broad budget group.

This would still work, if I'm understanding things correctly. All the more formal earmarking does is ensure the new spend goes to what it's been allocated to...although in reality that can be harder to track than it sounds.

Enoch07

Premium Member
That's pretty interesting, actually, so thanks.
But based on my simplistic example, the earmarked funds (for the med equipment) are indeed allocated to the med equipment. However that was paired with a reduction in other funding, then redirected to spend within the same broad budget group.

This would still work, if I'm understanding things correctly. All the more formal earmarking does is ensure the new spend goes to what it's been allocated to...although in reality that can be harder to track than it sounds.

I'm sure the Dems would keep a magnifying glass on every penny of that money to insure it isn't used to build the wall".

Curious George

Veteran Member
Well when the Pres draws up a $4.6 billion bill and says we need it for extra food, beds, shelter, and medical care. That kinda says it all.
That was may of this year... that you said this was the issue 6 months ago is getting shakier every post.

Enoch07

Premium Member
That was may of this year... that you said this was the issue 6 months ago is getting shakier every post.

Thanks for proving Dems like yourself ignored the crisis since February, because obviously you have no idea what I'm talking about. Here ya go you can catch up on a issue the Repubs have been trying to deal with for almost 6 months now. :D

National Emergency Concerning the Southern Border of the United States - Wikipedia

From the article:

"On February 15, 2019, President of the United States Donald Trump declared a National Emergency Concerning the Southern Border of the United States (Proclamation 9844), citing the National Emergencies Act, and ordered the diversion of billions of dollars of funds that had been appropriated to the U.S. Department of Defense for military construction."

Maybe if you paid attention you wouldn't be quite so lost all the time.