• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm surprised that....

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I don't see anything wrong with what either of them have done, especially shooting a cat on your own property. I'm sure both stories have been blown out of proportion.

Both showed little compassion or regard for a living creature.

The difference, I think, is that Romney is running for president.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
This thread

Romney strapped dog carrier to top of his car

got more attention then this thread

Pastor shoots off cat's head

Could someone enlighten me as to why?
Up until Kungfuzed's post, I would have said it's because no one disagreed with the fact that shooting a cat in the head was wrong, whereas there were/are people defending what Mitt did.

The number of posts in a thread doesn't necessarily indicate people's opinion on the matter. It more accurately indicates how much disagreement there was.

As for Kunfuzed's post, are you joking??! :areyoucra

Caina

Apostate Heretic
My pastor gave me my first gun at four:) I was also paid to rid churches in South Carolina of cat infestation. two cats can become forty in just two years;)

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
Up until Kungfuzed's post, I would have said it's because no one disagreed with the fact that shooting a cat in the head was wrong, whereas there were/are people defending what Mitt did.

The number of posts in a thread doesn't necessarily indicate people's opinion on the matter. It more accurately indicates how much disagreement there was.

As for Kunfuzed's post, are you joking??! :areyoucra
I grew up in the middle of the woods. I've hunted deer. I've shot stray cats that threatened our domesticated ones. Sometimes I just nick them in the tail to scare them off but if they keep comming back and terrorizing our cats I kill them. It's normal to see a dog in the back of a pickup truck, on the sidecage of a motorcycle, or even sticking his head up the sunroof. If the dog was barking or protesting it's only because it wasn't free to wander around, not because it's scared of the wind. He still would have pooped in his carrier either way.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
No doubt. I wouldnt do it again for any reason though. Thanks religion for teaching me how to kill:(
Um... my religion would not have taught you to do that. Most wouldn't. I don't even think most Christian churches would have dealt with stray cats that way. Anyone ever heard of spaying?

And a pastor giving a four year old a gun is whacked.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
There's a big difference between wild cats and domesticated ones. Wild cats are not the snuggly fir balls of love that we have come to know through our pets. They are predators and extremely terratorial and they will maim and kill your sweet little snookums if you give them the chance. I after some thought I think the pastor should have just fired off a warning shot if it was only a domesticated cat. Perhaps he could have just bought a dog.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
There's a big difference between wild cats and domesticated ones. Wild cats are not the snuggly fir balls of love that we have come to know through our pets. They are predators and extremely terratorial and they will maim and kill your sweet little snookums if you give them the chance.
:rolleyes: My objection to you shooting the cat has nothing to do with thinking it was a snuggly fur ball of love. It isn't only cute animals that deserve to live.

And there is nothing in the story to suggest that the animal was wild.

I after some thought I think the pastor should have just fired off a warning shot if it was only a domesticated cat. Perhaps he could have just bought a dog.
One of my "sweet little snookums" once beat the crap out of a goodly sized dog. I had to intervene to save the dog, so there.

Caina

Apostate Heretic
Um... my religion would not have taught you to do that. Most wouldn't. I don't even think most Christian churches would have dealt with stray cats that way. Anyone ever heard of spaying?

And a pastor giving a four year old a gun is whacked.
Thats the good ol' south fer ya. And most churches did deal with the strays in such a manner. I wouldnt be suprised to here them ask "How do you spay a cat with a gun?" :)

Nanda

Polyanna

Yes, this is exactly why I didn't post in the cat thread. It didn't seem like there was anything to debate.

Sonic247

Well that puts them down to eight lives. I think it's societies fault for having so much anti cat propaganda in the media, like tom and jerry for instance.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
There's a big difference between wild cats and domesticated ones. Wild cats are not the snuggly fir balls of love that we have come to know through our pets. They are predators and extremely terratorial and they will maim and kill your sweet little snookums if you give them the chance. I after some thought I think the pastor should have just fired off a warning shot if it was only a domesticated cat. Perhaps he could have just bought a dog.

Not all was true, a "Wild cat"(or non domesticated cat, I won't say there feline cat are different, there the small one we have as pet), is not all was going to hurt or harm your cat, if they do not have the inbred genetics to hunt, fight, and survive they won't. I've lived around cat most of my life, not all that are born and raised out side are evil and going to hurt or poor little kitten poo. Inside cat that don't have the want to hunt, fight, or survive won't even go out side in the first place. Yes I read a lot about cats, there one of my favorite animals.

jonny

Crueler than shooting the cat? Because that was the alternative.

No, I don't find it crueler than shooting a cat. I can't imagine that those were the only two alternatives to the problem. How about calling animal control and letting them deal with it?