• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sorry i'm cheating

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
What do you think on the forum Norwegian sounds like?
I'm very curious about that

Heyo

Veteran Member
I agree with you. The slavic languages sound the same.
I've heard that Poles and Czechs can communicate (much like or even better than Swedes and Norwegians), a bit less alike but still not discernible for me are Slovac and Slovene. The only one that stands out is Russian.

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm sorry i'm cheating :emojconfused::disappointed:

I tried to write English on the forum without google translate but it does not work. I'm way too bad at English. So almost all the time I have written everything in google translate, it translates all the sentences from Norwegian to English for me.

I know I wrote I should stop using google translate but I failed.

Det er greit. Jeg suger på Norwegian

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'm sorry i'm cheating :emojconfused::disappointed:

I tried to write English on the forum without google translate but it does not work. I'm way too bad at English. So almost all the time I have written everything in google translate, it translates all the sentences from Norwegian to English for me.

I know I wrote I should stop using google translate but I failed.
Far better that you should make your thoughts clear to everyone reading them, than that you should have to struggle with the language and lose some of your thought. I think you are doing exactly the right thing...AS LONG AS...right after you've done the translation, you read the result back to yourself out loud. If you do that, you'll soon be good enough to do it on your own, and that will be further ahead than most of the rest of us! :p

darkskies

What I mean is, does English sound like another languages as Italian to Spanish?
I would say English sounds a lot like Danish. But it's not because of similar vocabulary like in Italian and Spanish, rather just similar sounds. I found myself right on the edge of understanding some phrases (or so I thought). The meanings were completely different though.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
That's not cheating, Meandflower.
Whatever it takes for people to post in English in here is okay with me.

If I had to moderate everybody in their own language I'd probably just wind up making a mod post saying "Yeah, whatever everybody. Just go ahead and do whatever you want to do".

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I would say English sounds a lot like Danish. But it's not because of similar vocabulary like in Italian and Spanish, rather just similar sounds. I found myself right on the edge of understanding some phrases (or so I thought). The meanings were completely different though.

Wow. I was listening to a Danish news broadcast. Strong accents. And I bet its extra confusing with all these dialects across the states.