• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sorry i'm cheating

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
English does not sound like any other language. English is really a beautiful language I think. Especially British English. It sounds so nice, polite and majestic.

How do you think Norwegian sounds?
How do i think Norwegian sound :confused: Honestly it sound like crap :D compared to english i truly do not like my native language

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Meandflower
Jeg kommer til å søke jobber i Norge! Han har en bred ansettelseserfaring som har strukket seg over både lokale og sentrale myndigheter, detaljhandel og et forskningskonsulent innen menneskelige ressurser. I tillegg til dette har han hatt flere frivillige roller - ved en mental helse veldedighet, for Royal Voluntary Service og ved et demensvurderingssenter. :cool:

what long words!

Do you use it to understand posts too?
Just call it "art" and be done with it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am not sure if you mean "what does norwegian sound more like" ? If that was your question i would say Norwegian is mostly similar to German language in words and sound :)

What I mean is, does English sound like another languages as Italian to Spanish?

I don't think we sound German... definitely not British. Though, when you flip and mix our letters around, it does look like German or Roman or somewhere in between.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What I mean is, does English sound like another languages as Italian to Spanish?

I don't think we sound German... definitely not British. Though, when yo flip and mix our letters around, it does look like German or Roman or somewhere in between.
Not sure i can find a different language that English sound simmilar to

Heyo

Veteran Member
English does not sound like any other language. English is really a beautiful language I think. Especially British English. It sounds so nice, polite and majestic.

How do you think Norwegian sounds?
While I don't speak many languages (really only English and German), I often can discern what language is spoken. The Norwegian and Swedish languages are very similar so that I need some time (and still may get it wrong). Danish and Icelandic otoh have their distinct melodies.
I know enough about the Roman languages to recognize them all and even understand a word here and there.
The Slavic languages all sound the same to me.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
While I don't speak many languages (really only English and German), I often can discern what language is spoken. The Norwegian and Swedish languages are very similar so that I need some time (and still may get it wrong). Danish and Icelandic otoh have their distinct melodies.
I know enough about the Roman languages to recognize them all and even understand a word here and there.
The Slavic languages all sound the same to me.
You are right. Norwegian and Swedish are very similar. But Danish is also very similar to both Norwegian and Swedish.

Norwegian, Swedish and Danish are so similar that the languages is more like three different dialects than three different languages. I understand 98% of all Swedes if they speak or write. I understand 98% of Danish if I read Danish. But when Danish is spoken I understand only 90%

Icelandic is quite different. Then I understand only a little. Maybe around 10%